Changes

• Spoiler

• Wagstaff will give more chances to receive blueprints
    • Lunar Siphonator takes slightly longer to start its spawning sequence

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash with the Moon Beasts.
    Spoiler

• Fixed a crash with Wagstaff's tools and ThePlayer
    • The Lunar Siphonator will now despawn itself if placed in an illegal location to stop worlds from getting blocked from story progression.

• Fixed a bug causing lots of entities to stand completely still and do nothing.
  • Fixed a crash with dragonfly and ghosts.
  • Fixed the Shattered Pengull world setting not working.
    Spoiler

• Fixed Wagstaff’s Pig speech.
    • Fixed mismatch tool name in Wagstaff's speech

View full update

• Like 23
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1

5 hours ago, lakhnish said:

The changes to phase 2 Celestial Champion are pretty nice; feels a lot more engaging and perilous now with the increased spike traps to pen the player in.

Yes but she seems to not use her basic slap at all. Believe me when I say that I was standing right next to her, smacking her even, but she still used those nasty Greater Gestalts. Wonder if this is a bug...

• Like 1

Here's an example fight with the changes to phase 2:

Spoiler

I've got some points of feedback/initial impressions as well for the Celestial Champion fight:

Spoiler

1. Phase 2 feels a lot more dangerous than phase 3 (or at least, phase 2 is much more engaging than phase 3 I feel).

Phase 3 feels like the boss is running away for its life from the player while defending itself here and there rather than it being a phase where it's mad (which is what Wilson is telling me it's mood is). I'm also not really punished for being fully Enlightened, at least in this fight. I feel like Pearled Crab King is harder/less forgiving than this boss, even though Pearled Crab King is a prerequisite for the boss (even though this boss takes longer to kill). Feels odd.

2. Loot table. There's a lot of effort that goes into setting up this boss, I just feel it should have more to the loot table to reward that effort (especially since my expectations were that of construction tape). I understand its beta and stuff can be added, but that's just my initial impressions based on the 2nd update/hotfix.

Other than that, the updates alright I guess. For me, it's feels like a more lore heavy update with a lot of setup for another update, again.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Here's an example fight with the changes to phase 2:

Hide contents

I've got some points of feedback/initial impressions as well for the Celestial Champion fight:

Hide contents

1. Phase 2 feels a lot more dangerous than phase 3 (or at least, phase 2 is much more engaging than phase 3 I feel).

Phase 3 feels like the boss is running away for its life from the player while defending itself here and there rather than it being a phase where it's mad (which is what Wilson is telling me it's mood is). I'm also not really punished for being fully Enlightened, at least in this fight. I feel like Pearled Crab King is harder/less forgiving than this boss, even though Pearled Crab King is a prerequisite for the boss (even though this boss takes longer to kill). Feels odd.

2. Loot table. There's a lot of effort that goes into setting up this boss, I just feel it should have more to the loot table to reward that effort (especially since my expectations were that of construction tape). I understand its beta and stuff can be added, but that's just my initial impressions based on the 2nd update/hotfix.

Other than that, the updates alright I guess. For me, it's feels like a more lore heavy update with a lot of setup for another update, again.

The 2nd phase can kill one with one mistake, the 3rd one needs bigger hitboxes (all his atacks  doesnt hit you even when you are close to them) and dont be that shy. Also, im not sure what does the crystal it summons (makes him atack for longer and have lunacy aura?) But shpukd summon more to be noticeable and something to fear

I like how dynamic is the fight but feels weird to dont have dont starve mechanics on it (klei did a great job with klaus and, more than any other, fw), not even needed the new moonshroom dish

But i didnt fought him so much so might be a bad 1st impression

Edit: i like that now you cant bait his strong melee atack constanly (seems removed instead of merged to the other hits) but i think that the fissures should damage the player, not only the crystal spikes

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 1

I really like the changes to Phase 2 of the fight. I think that he uses the Gestault attack the shard a lot more often now, making the phase more engaging, fun, and dangerous. I think the only changes needed to that phase now is the basic melee attack, because it doesn't seem to do it at all. 

Also Phase 3 is quite easy compared to phase 2 now, and I think it's hitboxes should be larger.

• Like 2

Since we're on the topic of phase three, I'll talk about this too: the Gestalt Attack, which is not engaging at all like phase 2's gestalt attack.

I've noticed that the range of the circle has been increased, but the thing is I'm not sure what the intention of the attack is.

Do you want players to stay inside the range of the circle and dodge the Gestalt onslaught like this for like the 30 seconds it does it?

Spoiler

Cause all you do right now is walk outside the circle indicator that shows up and the attack is pretty much ignored in like 5 seconds, like this: 

Spoiler

And even if you do stay inside the range of the circle and somehow manage to fall asleep, it might just go ahead and sit there waiting for you to wake up from your nap like this

Edited by lakhnish
i fixed the mp4 to be in spoilers :D
  • Like 5

wouldn't it be cool if not just the crystals of the third phase, but also the spikes of the second phase dropped moon shards? I'd love to use this boss to get moon shards just as I use the iron hulk to get rocks and flints in abundance. I'd also love some way to move the summons of the two versions of the new boss to somewhere else for decoration (of course with a statue-like speed penalty)

• Like 3

so i see people complain about the boss disign i my self am more neutrall about this but i just had to do it for the one that dont like it i used paint and quickly made my own boss disign

image.thumb.png.f00f11a3b4ba5da5ef171c6d0f70d65c.png

well its a gestalt whit the 3 altar things that he uses as differend types of weapons and on top the crown thing that sometimes shoots energy

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

You could make it more spiderlike? Have the three elements act like legs?

i was more thinkin of more of an "ufo" look and the 3 "arms" are in the air circlin and each "arm" has its own attack

• Like 1