Did an update go under the radar? (Someone help me please, I think I'm going insane.)

It was reduced to two during this update here (the hotfix that immediately followed the woodie rework): 

(If you really want proof then you can see beard's coverage of this update below. t = 1:20ish)

image.thumb.png.9d08daa4a569f7a04c6ddecf4bec87f5.png

Before this update it was three.

The only incarnation of woodie to ever do one gnaw per stump was singleplayer.

8 minutes ago, DrMcGillacactus said:

that was two years ago. Since the reword it's been one

Which rework are you referring to? Can you send a link to the post? If you're talking about the rework that gave woodie 3 wereforms. This is the hotfix that came immediately after. The woodie rework was two years ago; what has happened since then?

Just now, WoodieMain45684 said:

Which rework are you referring to? Can you send a link to the post? If you're talking about the rework that gave woodie 3 wereforms. This is the hotfix that came immediately after. The woodie rework was three years ago; what has happened since then?

I mean as soon as the initial update was released, and since then. It didn't say anything about the stumps on any of the update posts that I can remember, I just remember finding out by playing him

2 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

It was definitely always 2 up until the last time I played as woodie about a month ago. And quite unfair and tedious if you ask me so if they reduced it to just 1 it’s an amazing beaver QOL improvement.

Same, whatever the case I hope it stays.

In the Wes update, 458469, workable components had a check added in place for working.

Before that update, the code for "incrementing" work was:

self.workleft = self.workleft - numworks

Now, the code is:

if self.workleft <= 1 then -- if there is less that one full work remaining, then just finish it. This is to handle the case where objects are set to only one work and not planned to handled something like 0.5 numworks
	self.workleft = 0
else
end

So now, when Werebeaver gnaws on a stump, the stump has <= 1 work left to do, so it is set to 0 and the stump is dug up (Effectively doubling his work efficiency on stumps).

Basically, before Wes update, 2 gnaws. After Wes update, 1 gnaw.

1 hour ago, penguin0616 said:

In the Wes update, 458469, workable components had a check added in place for working.

Before that update, the code for "incrementing" work was:

Now, the code is:

if self.workleft <= 1 then -- if there is less that one full work remaining, then just finish it. This is to handle the case where objects are set to only one work and not planned to handled something like 0.5 numworks
	self.workleft = 0
else
end

So now, when Werebeaver gnaws on a stump, the stump has <= 1 work left to do, so it is set to 0 and the stump is dug up (Effectively doubling his work efficiency on stumps).

Basically, before Wes update, 2 gnaws. After Wes update, 1 gnaw.

Hope they don't bring it back up to 2 once they notice!

Archived