LIGHTBUGS NO LET PEOPLE SLEEP

HELP THE LIGHTBUGS ARE KEEPING MY DUPLICANTS AWAKE AT NIGHT I DONT WANT TO KILL THEM, CANT WRANGLE THEM

how do i get rtid of them

im considering trapping them in a room

rn ill try makign a new colony maybe it will help

They can't be wrangled in a regular fashion... But they can be caught.

Unwrangleable (floaty) critters can be caught by dupes if you have them in an enclosed room with a critter drop off. Use one in the location you want to drop them off too. Look into auto-wrangle surplus options.

image.png.51f9e800721b22f3b1189987180b582e.png

Or you can use the airborne critter bait as @sakura_sk suggests. Phosphorite is the bait for regular shinebugs.

Note that if your dupes have the loud sleeper negative trait they suffer no consequences from sleeping in lit spaces.

Loud sleeper is therefore the only negative trait that actually have a positive effect. There are other negative traits that have very little negative effect but no other that can actually be considered positive.

Also note that loud sleepers do not disturb each other. And with scheduling, proper spacing, or comfy beds the negative effects can be eliminated completely while retaining the positive effect, ie. light adds 15% decor bonus on top of everything else so it's a very effective way to boost the decor in the one place where the dupes are bound to spend a large chunk of their time.

3 hours ago, Tytan said:

soon they die, whether you like it or not xD

Everything dies, in my vanilla playthrough I kept a couple of them in each of the designated bathrooms and put a critter feeder. They've been there ever since. Must drive the dupes crazy.

15 hours ago, Aartyyy said:

HELP THE LIGHTBUGS ARE KEEPING MY DUPLICANTS AWAKE AT NIGHT I DONT WANT TO KILL THEM, CANT WRANGLE THEM

Here's few advices :

- Loud sleepers  are immune to light.

- Don't let open the room door.

- Kill it.

On 3/6/2021 at 6:25 AM, Saturnus said:

Loud sleeper is therefore the only negative trait that actually have a positive effect

Well flatulent dupes produce a little bit of power (avg 44.4W), and small bladder dupes produce very slightly more pwater

Archived