How old is Wurt?

1 hour ago, Chesmu said:

It's interesting, but not odd, I've noticed that in many adventure movies where the theme is exploring a cave or ancient ruins, they always have kids to that, because adults already know what that structure is, when it's made and what it is made of, plus have a knowledge of every single Sci-fi scenario and history bit; But kids are supposed to have better imagination, and at DST we have comic theme, a lot of colors, even enemies are humored and I think the dying animations are not that serious.

Kids like to explore caves...so...basically what you're saying is, Wendy, Webber, Wurt and Walter should join up as the Constant's Goonies?

;)

(over to you, Minespatch.  If you haven't drawn something similar already.  Heh.)

Critters _from_ the Constant do clearly still age at least some, however--we've all seen smallbirds and baby beefalo grow up, for example.  Whether they continue to age _past adulthood_ is what we don't know for sure.

...Notorious

1 minute ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Kids like to explore caves...so...basically what you're saying is, Wendy, Webber, Wurt and Walter should join up as the Constant's Goonies?

;)

(over to you, Minespatch.  If you haven't drawn something similar already.  Heh.)

Critters _from_ the Constant do clearly still age at least some, however--we've all seen smallbirds and baby beefalo grow up, for example.  Whether they continue to age _past adulthood_ is what we don't know for sure.

...Notorious

Lol yes, something like that.

On 3/4/2021 at 1:54 PM, minespatch said:

Maybe the devs will tell us. Perhaps if Billiam was mermified, he'd look like Wurt but in a male way... I wonder if there's gender characteristics between merms?

Is there a life cycle for Merms, pigs, and bunnies?

586d7dde9e194_hunchbeastlifecycle.thumb.png.d39f292baf2a92214513bb371e44f345.png

My drawing kind of got piglets right but Wurt turned out different.

It's creep me out everytime...
How pigs could born in a house with filled pig skins? 

On 3/4/2021 at 5:54 AM, minespatch said:

Maybe the devs will tell us. Perhaps if Billiam was mermified, he'd look like Wurt but in a male way... I wonder if there's gender characteristics between merms?

Is there a life cycle for Merms, pigs, and bunnies?

586d7dde9e194_hunchbeastlifecycle.thumb.png.d39f292baf2a92214513bb371e44f345.png

My drawing kind of got piglets right but Wurt turned out different.

i remember hearing she is 4

On 3/4/2021 at 12:30 PM, ShakerGER said:

Everyone saying something less than 8 should consider that she has a very solid and fast grasp of reading! Probably of not even HER NATIVE LANGUAGE! In my opinion that outrules the ver low estimates.

that does not mean anything she could absolutely just be excelled at reading

19 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

Also there's the possibility that Wurt suddenly popped into existence (in her current form) instead of being "born". She is a merm afterall, and merms basically can appear out of thin air within a house with fish in it (I know this may be game logic, but it's still pretty interesting to think about).

She is not a merm, she is a goat that was transformed into a merm.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW?"

How many merms do you see with horns?

Who else has knowledge of gorge events?

QUAGMIRE_RUBBLE_CATHEDRAL = "Mermfolk have story passed down... about mouth in the sky..."

QUAGMIRE_RUBBLE_ROOF = "Was there fight? Look like Goatfolk lose."

39 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

How many merms do you see with horns?

254?cb=20191027142016

Loyal Merm Guards have horns and is implied Wurt is a child Merm Guard.

40 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

Who else has knowledge of gorge events?

Merms could be in various dimensions not necessary with the same origin, as there are Pig Men in the Forge and in the Gorge.

1 hour ago, JustCrimson said:

QUAGMIRE_RUBBLE_CATHEDRAL = "Mermfolk have story passed down... about mouth in the sky..."

QUAGMIRE_RUBBLE_ROOF = "Was there fight? Look like Goatfolk lose."

These quotes seem that she is unaware of what happened to the goat city, much like the rest of the survivors.

Wilson:

Dilapidated House-

• "Something destroyed this town."
  • "I wonder who they angered."

13 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

254?cb=20191027142016

Loyal Merm Guards have horns and is implied Wurt is a child Merm Guard.

Merms could be in various dimensions not necessary with the same origin, as there are Pig Men in the Forge and in the Gorge.

These quotes seem that she is unaware of what happened to the goat city, much like the rest of the survivors.

Wilson:

Dilapidated House-

• "Something destroyed this town."
  • "I wonder who they angered."

Wow they do totally have horns, doesn't necessarily mean that they arent also goats
She is also the only person to call them goatfolk that I know of though, I think its still a pretty good possibility 

6 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

How many merms do you see with horns

Wurt is a child soldier. Guard merms are ordained horns by the king. Wurt acts as both soldier and bishop, bestowing king powers to Merms. 

There might be a original merm king that Wurt lost sometime before events of Monster Mash. There could be a merm tradition we have no clue of but Wurt does.

It might just be her personality since Webber's better behaved and puts more importance on being polite whereas Wurt is rambunctious, but Wurt comes across as younger than Webber, who might be a little younger than Wendy (canonically 10 and a half) or the same age but not as somber and literate. I think of Wurt as being about 7 in human years, or the equivalent for a merm anyway since I don't know what speed merms age at and the passage of time in the Constant is weird in general.

Walter specifically describes those three as "the younger kids", so he has to be at least 11 himself, but I think he's probably 12 or 13. As for the kids who aren't in DST/aren't playable characters, I picture Wilba as 13 or 14, and Billiam's probably 9 or 10 (or the goat-person equivalent).

11 minutes ago, Dextops said:

In Ukraine we don't say: "post too old", we say: "Надежда умирает последней" and think it's beautiful)

11 minutes ago, Dextops said:

that seek\ms way too old for how she acts

She is just merm, they don't looks so smart

1 hour ago, gaymime said:

quite likely under 7

I remember when I used to be under seven and cried about getting boo-boos from playing on my family's slip-and-slide. Wurt's over here creating mega bases and fighting the Celestial Champion on a good day.

3 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

I remember when I used to be under seven and cried about getting boo-boos from playing on my family's slip-and-slide. Wurt's over here creating mega bases and fighting the Celestial Champion on a good day.

"mommy i got a boo boo on my finger"

"hello king i come back from my travels for your honour i have exterminated the pig race ending the civil war of impurity, i have also destroyed a lunar deity and have provided infinite light to the kingdom and have further expanded our territory in new places outside our swamp. our kingdom is never ending"

Archived