Skins from community market

Umm..sorry for this irrelevant post..but I recently bought the proof of purchase skins from community market,since the merchandise is not deliverable in my location:wilson_drool:,but after the purchase they're showing up tagged as Elegant in the game(it's doesn't really matters tbh..but still kinda curious,sorry)??Umm..is this how it is supposed to be?:wilson_worried:?I don't really know how community market stuffs works..so can someone enlighten me on this topic??:wickerbottomthanks:

Screenshot_2021-02-28-21-10-28-121_com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community.jpg

Screenshot_2021-02-28-21-39-41-983_com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community.jpg

Screenshot_2021-02-28-21-39-34-802_com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community.jpg

Screenshot_2021-02-28-21-39-22-938_com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community.jpg

Yeah it's weird but those skins are labelled as just Elegant because they are sell-able on the market. Unlike the calico chester skin which is a special Proof of Purchase rarity ,because it can't be bought on the market. Both the funko pop skins and calico chester are proof of a purchase , but the difference is in the rarity because ones are on the market I guess

Btw: I have bought the Wendy funko pop and redeemed the skin,it still says Elegant. It has no other rarity!

While the four Funko Pop skins are technically proof of someone's purchase of merchandise, they don't have the "Proof of Purchase" rarity grading, they are all Elegant grade skins, unlike the skins that come from redeeming codes from the less mass-manufactured merchandise ordered and sold directly by Klei (Funko© is a huge toy-figure manufacturing company that makes figures for characters from many popular media culture products like movies, anime and games and DST happens to be one of games they made figures for; this is not exactly the same as Klei designing a winter hat or a Chester plushie, picking and paying a textile manufacturer to produce some for them and sell them in their own merchandise website.).

1739115441_Soldrarities.png.64fdafb2fe3fd368fd0ee3582b10b8f0.pngSo yes, this is how they are supposed to be, don't worry about it. This arrangement was also possibly made to make them tradeable in the steam marketplace. You can't buy or sell actual skins or belongings with the Proof of Purchase grade. The rarities listed on the picture to the right are the only rarities you can trade in the market. So in a way them being elegant is the very reason you were able to buy them from the steam community market in the first place.

The actual proof of purchase cosmetics can only be obtained through redeeming the codes from Klei's own merchandise and they are as follows:

Black_Winter_Hat_Icon.png.061a5f0ce054bc5d36237f9da3af8422.pngPink_Winter_Hat_Icon.png.a886978431c83dc6168338bbc4dc15a3.pngUgly_Grey_Winter_Sweater_Icon.png.16d3706ea4c30b6d00f49c80109cc526.pngUgly_Pink_Winter_Sweater_Icon.png.bbeaca19c0e2c6c143ab08476e33757e.pngChester_Backpack_Icon.png.8cfa871246305039428a42e43efb2b01.pngCrabpack_Icon.png.6720f83f6dcd886aca709887d2bb6d35.pngDeerclops_Duffel_Icon.png.2ae073260f1fe2d99fd3ddedabe4a177.pngGlommer_Pack_Icon.png.e4757a08ba546f6458dac3728a40a2c8.pngMeepsack_Icon.png.8c4ac5d41c4df14cba005a4a4865d533.pngRavenous_Spidernet_Icon.png.ed69a91fd890348ce7f4ad11012bdb23.pngCavernous_Spidernet_Icon.png.fbab48e30217654c9630ff1918f8e91f.pngCalico_Chester_Chest_Icon.png.c4fe0bafcde2f0613803af37ac64f745.png

3 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

The funko skins actually used to be proof of purchase. But I remember seeing videos on youtube of people complaining about them becoming elegants and what this would do to the skin market

this is wrong, i got a webber funkopop soon after they were released and the item was elegant

this is wrong apparently, they were proof of purchase for a very short time (and they still should be)

IIRC the reason they are not proof of purchase is because any skin that has that automatically is prevented from being a tradable/marketable skin, preventing them from being listed on the market or being given away. That was at least the case when they were proof of purchase, anyway.

35 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

IIRC the reason they are not proof of purchase is because any skin that has that automatically is prevented from being a tradable/marketable skin, preventing them from being listed on the market or being given away. That was at least the case when they were proof of purchase, anyway.

my sources tell me its because people complained about it, yes they were proof of purchase and it was intended for them not to be tradeable or given away

1 hour ago, JustCrimson said:

ivo but also 

it wasnt "oops you cant trade proof of purchases" it was "fine here we'll make them elegants so you can trade them and try to exploit the market by selling them for more than the funkopop cost"

... is because shipping is sometimes twice (or more) expensive than funko :wilson_cry:

9 hours ago, Nino123 said:

I t bought a winter hat (black one) and just got a winter hat skin.

the gray winter hat and the pink winter hats come with proof of pucharse winter hats, i read on the klei shop that some items come with random digital items

2 hours ago, Notecja said:

... is because shipping is sometimes twice (or more) expensive than funko :wilson_cry:

Not really, its because people are trying to get a return on their funkopop by selling the skins at grossly high prices. It somewhat has to do with the price of the Funkpops (since the less people to buy them, the less skins there are, and the higher the skins can be sold for). Also steam takes a portion of the sell price so you only get so much of how much the listing is set to, so if they want equal the amount it costs for the funkpop they have to sell it for higher. This whole thing is really egregious and they should have stayed proof of purchase despite backlash, too late to change it now I think.

Archived