beefalo bell can kill you because it causes the beefalo to run away

Yuuuuuuup ive reported this extensively several times now in my own thread in the feedback forums and in one of the recent update threads... Walter players have also reported this behavior from Woby but... :roll:

the bell seems to make beefalo behave like woby since she first had that dumb running away behavior. 

Sometimes when u change the saddle right after unmounting u get bugged into sliding along with the beefalo cuz its running away, unable to do anything until the sliding randomly stops and the saddle finally gets put on. And sometimes they randomly run away when you try to feed it too like shown in your video.

Either they dont care or theyre fine with how this janky behavior works. Woby was released with this from day one. 

Luckily If you drop the bell from your inventory the beef behaves normally and does not run away. Its only when you dismount with the bell in your inventory 

54 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Yuuuuuuup ive reported this extensively several times now in my own thread in the feedback forums and in one of the recent update threads... Walter players have also reported this behavior from Woby but... :roll:

the bell seems to make beefalo behave like woby since she first had that dumb running away behavior. 

Sometimes when u change the saddle right after unmounting u get bugged into sliding along with the beefalo cuz its running away, unable to do anything until the sliding randomly stops and the saddle finally gets put on. And sometimes they randomly run away when you try to feed it too like shown in your video.

Either they dont care or theyre fine with how this janky behavior works. Woby was released with this from day one. 

Luckily If you drop the bell from your inventory the beef behaves normally and does not run away. Its only when you dismount with the bell in your inventory 

This bugged and sliding with thing you speak off.. you are aware this also happens with trying to give other players who won’t stand still any item or food right? Your character literally just follows them until they stop and get the item you tried to hand them.

But on Xbox one at least I only need to pull the analog stick in an opposite direction to cancel auto following.

This comes back to bite me in the rear when trying to Seafishing rod fish though- the slightest bump cancels your fishing.

Woby is a non-combat Mount intended to run away from fights in a panic’d flee & cower down holding her paws over her head.

I am assuming that Beefalo only behave this way currently because the Cowbell item Klei used for the event uses the same code as Woby (for going through portals and into Caves) 

Its roughly the same as when Ark Developers copied the traits of Gigasaur rage onto their Rollrat Dino: What ended up happening is the game bugged out and Fearsome giga’s suddenly had the low health of Rollrat.

It wasnt pretty.. but it’s the same situation here: Klei took a short cut, likely to get the update out for us to enjoy early- but as long as the bell is in your inventory the game thinks your using Woby. 

This one is on you. I would never fight Dfly on an untamed beef. The possibility of being thrown off at any time is too large for a fight like this. Also, when you got tossed, there was a moment you could have hopped back on but you forgot to feed it again. The bell is nice, but it's NOT the same as a tamed beef. 

1 minute ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

This one is on you. I would never fight Dfly on an untamed beef. The possibility of being thrown off at any time is too large for a fight like this. Also, when you got tossed, there was a moment you could have hopped back on but you forgot to feed it again. The bell is nice, but it's NOT the same as a tamed beef. 

The beefalo in the clip IS fully tamed. Ornery beefalo has minimum obedience just 10% (one item) short of letting you ride it.

What was the advantage of this behavior in Woby in first place?

At first I thought there was some mechanic I was not seeing, like that Woby would block you from reaching an area when unmounting or something, and that is why it was coded onto her. But with extensive mounting I still see no use for it; It creates horrible situations that make you take extra damage or die unnecesarily. I hate Woby just for this AI thing.

And now this weird AI behavior was exported onto beefalos for a reason.

what are you guys talking about? the point is the beefalo bugging out and running away a great distance when the player is trying to approach it. 

20 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Then he should wear armor in case this shenanigans happen

wearing armor would cause the beefalo to not run away? 

-----

If the beefalo had not ran away, the player wouldve immediately noticed that they cant remount because of low obedience, thus being able to quickly feed it to remount. But with the bell in the inventory, the beefalo ran half a screen away while the player is chasing it and then, because it was already unmounted for a certain amount of time at night, it went directly to sleep after finally stopping which made it impossible to feed it since u first have to do a failed remount to wake it up before you can feed it. 

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

No but would prevent being killed by 1 hit in case the beefalo dropped you. That is something someone fighting a boss should do with buggy or not buggy beefalos

that is not the issue lol... the issue is the beefalo running away. them dying is not the point or what you need to critique right now lmao. if they still survived and were wearing armor the beef running half a screen away while ur chasing it then immediately going to sleep once it stops would still be a problem 

3 minutes ago, Ohan said:

that is not the issue lol... the issue is the beefalo running away. them dying is not the point or what you need to critique right now lmao. if they still survived and were wearing armor the beef running half a screen away while ur chasing it then immediately going to sleep once it stops would still be a problem 

And as i said in other commend im with op that this is so annoying. Reread my commends

Seems like there is no room for advices and suggestions, everything is an atack lel

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

And as i said in other commend im with op that this is so annoying. Reread my commends

Seems like there is no room for advices and suggestions, everything is an atack lel

its unhelpful when someone is trying to bring attention to something that is obviously a bug and people go "well if you had done this and that maybe the bug wouldnt have bothered you so much :)". Obviously this fight couldve been handled better but that is not the point of this thread or what needs to be discussed because if the bell did not cause the beefalo to run away the player wouldve had more than enough time to feed it then remount, disregarding any strategic misplays they made in this fight. 

3 minutes ago, Ohan said:

its unhelpful when someone is trying to bring attention to something that is obviously a bug and people go "well if you had done this and that maybe the bug wouldnt have bothered you so much :)". Obviously this fight couldve been handled better but that is not the point of this thread or what needs to be discussed because if the bell did not cause the beefalo to run away the player wouldve had more than enough time to feed it then remount, disregarding any strategic misplays they made in this fight. 

45 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Being annoying and makes things dangerous like in the clip

You trying to have an argument with me just because i said he should wear armor isnt helping to fix the bug

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I am assuming that Beefalo only behave this way currently because the Cowbell item Klei used for the event uses the same code as Woby (for going through portals and into Caves) 

Its roughly the same as when Ark Developers copied the traits of Gigasaur rage onto their Rollrat Dino: What ended up happening is the game bugged out and Fearsome giga’s suddenly had the low health of Rollrat.

It wasnt pretty.. but it’s the same situation here: Klei took a short cut, likely to get the update out for us to enjoy early- but as long as the bell is in your inventory the game thinks your using Woby. 

What

3 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

The beefalo in the clip IS fully tamed. Ornery beefalo has minimum obedience just 10% (one item) short of letting you ride it.

Oh so it is. My bad. When I first watched the clip I thought he got bucked off. Not sure why OP hopped off the beef that close to the fight then. I agree the running off can be annoying at times, but if the margin of success or failure comes down to that extra second the success wasn't that likely to begin with. 

1 minute ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Oh so it is. My bad. When I first watched the clip I thought he got bucked off. Not sure why OP hopped off the beef that close to the fight then. I agree the running off can be annoying at times, but if the margin of success or failure comes down to that extra second the success wasn't that likely to begin with. 

I suppose it’s weird given that beefalos didn’t have that “Woby” behavior before.

Esai always did the beefalo taming process before YOTB’s update and he is probably very used to the “normal” beefalo behavior, that is, not running away. That new “feature” probably gets any expert beefalo trainer player off guard. 

And IMO it’s a useless new thing to have, just as I think it was always useless on Woby.

1 minute ago, ShadowDuelist said:

So removing the bond with the bell is required for boss fights?

What is that even supposed to mean? If he had the beefalo tamed normally then it wouldn't have ran off like that. The bell is supposed to be for pseudo taming beefalo to use them in the dress up minigame, not for getting a free beefalo to fight bosses with

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

But why the bell ads such usless behavior? Is annoying like it already is with woby (sometimes i dong even ride her because of the time wasted)

Im not sure why that happened, it may have been trying to run back to its herd (I thought at first it might have been taking overheat damage but mobs usually "panic" when that happens)

5 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

If he had the beefalo tamed normally then it wouldn't have ran off like that. The bell is supposed to be for pseudo taming beefalo to use them in the dress up minigame, not for getting a free beefalo to fight bosses with

5 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

Im not sure why that happened, it may have been trying to run back to its herd (I thought at first it might have been taking overheat damage but mobs usually "panic" when that happens)

you have no idea what ur talking about 

Archived