EsaiXD

beefalo bell can kill you because it causes the beefalo to run away

Recommended Posts

ArubaroBeefalo    7772
4 minutes ago, Toriih said:

"Oh but doing like that he can get safe or whatever" and you stand there like a potato. 

You can be agree that the mechanic sucks and also tell something so this wont repeat but better have 2 pages of arguments instead of asking for a fix or giving advices to counter that bad mechanic in case klei wont change it

Also the tittle of the topic says that he dies because of the beefalo running but before that he was at half hp with no armor but that doesnt contradict that the beefalo shouldnt flee for his owner

Some of you have thin skin or something jeez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    9598

It is entirely possible that the Bell is on a limited time event exclusive item: and During this Time Klei wanted people to be able to easily get a Beefalo to enjoy the event with.

But once the event is over the bell will go the way YoTC event did.

I mean for starters: The bell is something you have to craft in the Beefalo shrine and wasn’t just added outside of it in a QoL update. And then there’s also this thing where Beefalo behave with the A.I. Behavior of Woby.

  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    9598
23 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

dismounting and then placing something down or generally just trying to interact with the things around you. beefalo are pretty large animals so it can help for them to walk a few centimeters away so you can click on things like crock pots or chests.

Try to build ANYTHING as Wendy on Xbox One with a Cowbell bonded Beefalo and Abigail- I wish you the greatest luck as you Return Abby to her Flower and have to constantly Mount and move the Beef out your way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    3194
11 minutes ago, Ohan said:

You mustve not understood the mechanics of unbonded beefalo fully. Instead of dismounting directly on top of your crockpots you could simply dismount away from them so the beefalo does not obstruct your access. Hope this helps 

splitting hairs

  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toriih    256
1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Also the tittle of the topic says that he dies because of the beefalo running but before that he was at half hp with no armor but that doesnt contradict that the beefalo shouldnt flee for his owner

He wasn't worrying since the beefalo just tank hits for him and he was almost flawlessly kiting DF slaps, only being damage a few low times, the issue was this super necessary and consistent mechanic of your tamed fighter beefalo getting away, which in a fighting scenario or not it's :???:

40 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

dismounting and then placing something down or generally just trying to interact with the things around you. beefalo are pretty large animals so it can help for them to walk a few centimeters away so you can click on things like crock pots or chests.

This:

12 minutes ago, Ohan said:

You mustve not understood the mechanics of unbonded beefalo fully. Instead of unmounting directly on top of your crockpots you could simply unmount away from them so the beefalo does not abstruct your access. Hope this helps 

And there are interactable things you can do on top of your beefalo too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    3194
11 minutes ago, Toriih said:

And there are interactable things you can do on top of your beefalo too

Saying what ohan said there is on the same level as "you shouldve just brought armor" or equivalent phrase. I give you a very easy to understand hypothetical in which the running away behavior can prove useful or at least convenient and you respond "well you could have just done this in a less convenient manner that doesn't work with or put to use the mechanics presented, so actually the mechanic is useless and a nuisance."

Unfortunately  it fits right in line with some of the people in this thread's mindset of absolutely refusing to understand or at least work with new/tweaked mechanics and simply get frustrated when different behavior occurs that needs to be adjusted to.

Edited by Lbphero
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohan    1896
12 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

Saying what ohan said there is on the same level as "you shouldve just brought armor" or equivalent phrase.

Yeah glad it came across. I just think its funny how we’re on page 3 of this thread and after all the grievances and genuine bugs people have brought forth due to this brand new behavior you swoop in and say “this is actually good because ull no longer misclick on the beefalo that is for some reason right on top of ur crockpot”. Just dont park it on top of ur crockpot. 

Ppl have somehow managed to do that just fine for years without threads like this popping up for that issue. 

Edited by Ohan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    3194
1 minute ago, Ohan said:

Yeah glad it came across. I just think its funny how we’re on page 3 of this thread and after all the grievances and genuine bugs people have brought forth due to this brand new behavior you swoop in and say “this is actually good because ull no longer misclick on the beefalo that is for some reason right on top of ur crockpot”. Just dont park it on top of ur crockpot. 

Its again the same mindset that absolutely refuses to find ways to work with new mechanics and simply gets frustrated when things dont work how they used to before. Why would i park it further away from crock pot or the other 99 things that you cant quite interact with on beefalo when i could just the mechanics presented to me to make lifeva tiny bit easier?  

  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    9598
8 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Yeah glad it came across. I just think its funny how we’re on page 3 of this thread and after all the grievances and genuine bugs people have brought forth due to this brand new behavior you swoop in and say “this is actually good because ull no longer misclick on the beefalo that is for some reason right on top of ur crockpot”. Just dont park it on top of ur crockpot. 

It DOESNT WORK THIS WAY (at least not while using an Xbox controller) the Beefalo always ALWAYS returns to be right up on you if it’s bonded with the Cowbell (even if it’s fully tamed)

It gets in my way of doing pretty much anything, building stuff, cooking food etc- and it’s Annoying.

Its Even MORE Annoying when you also have Abigail: Riled Abigail will attack and attempt to kill a bell bonded (but Not YET fully tamed Beefalo) making the process a hassle for Wendy- because you either need to make sure Abigail has always been turned to Soothe Mode before dismounting your Beefalo- OR if your trying to rile Abby to fight dog waves or something you have to RACE Abby to get on your Beefalo before she attacks it.

In short: there’s a lot that’s broken about YoTB update, but the FUN things it can do (picking stuff while on Beef, traveling Wormholes & Caves, logging out with your Beef) outweighs all that bad stuff.

Edit: I can always HITCH my Beefalo to a YoTB structure to get it to stop being right up my butt, But that is assuming we will still be able to use the Hitching/Cowbell after YOTB ends.

Edited by Mike23Ua

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CremeLover    396
1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

It DOESNT WORK THIS WAY (at least not while using an Xbox controller) the Beefalo always ALWAYS returns to be right up on you if it’s bonded with the Cowbell (even if it’s fully tamed)

It gets in my way of doing pretty much anything, building stuff, cooking food etc- and it’s Annoying.

Its Even MORE Annoying when you also have Abigail: Riled Abigail will attack and attempt to kill a bell bonded (but Not YET fully tamed Beefalo) making the process a hassle for Wendy- because you either need to make sure Abigail has always been turned to Soothe Mode before dismounting your Beefalo- OR if your trying to rile Abby to fight dog waves or something you have to RACE Abby to get on your Beefalo before she attacks it.

In short: there’s a lot that’s broken about YoTB update, but the FUN things it can do (picking stuff while on Beef, traveling Wormholes & Caves, logging out with your Beef) outweighs all that bad stuff.

Abigail doesn't attack fully tamed beefalos when riled up. Try it with a beefalo that has been fully domesticated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohan    1896
1 minute ago, Lbphero said:

when i could just the mechanics presented to me to make lifeva tiny bit easier?  

At the cost of every single issue and complaint and bug ppl have brought up because of it. Seems fine. 

And the mechanic presented to us to avoid such problems is called a salt lick. U leave ur beefalo near it and it wont run in front of your crockpots.

Having the beefalo tightly follow u around now with the bell is actually more of a hindrance than a help with regards to obstructing interactables.

5 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

Its again the same mindset that absolutely refuses to find ways to work with new mechanics

If only everyone else would get rid of this faulty mindset and open their eyes to the greatness of woby’s mount mechanics.. any day now..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    3194
7 minutes ago, Ohan said:

At the cost of every single issue and complaint and bug ppl have brought up because of it. Seems fine. 

At the cost of maybe sounding a bit insensitive here, i would be willing to wager that the vast vast majority of behaviors displayed as bugs or frustrations can be explained and understood if given some testing.

7 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Having the beefalo tightly follow u around now with the bell is actually more of a hindrance than a help with regards to obstructing interactables.

This is entirely up to the player and i found immense use in this behavior just as a convenience thing since it meant i didnt necessarily have to ride the beefalo while taming to have it constantly in my eyesight.

 

Edited by Lbphero
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    9598
16 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

Abigail doesn't attack fully tamed beefalos when riled up. Try it with a beefalo that has been fully domesticated.

That’s literally what I just said: The TAMING process as Wendy can be a Hassle because if it’s not fully tamed yet Abigail wants it Dead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    7772
2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s literally what I just said: The TAMING process as Wendy can be a Hassle because if it’s not fully tamed yet Abigail wants it Dead. 

Beefalos have like 1,5k hp. Few hits of abi wont do much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohan    1896
2 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

i would be willing to wager that the vast vast majority of behaviors displayed as bugs or frustrations can be explained and understood if given some testing.

Okay you learn that you burn your hand when you put it in the fire because the fire is hot. does that lessen the pain of the burn? this sounds so unhelpful and willfully obtuse. 

The bottom line is that this new behavior is specifically tied to the bell, meaning they for some reason did not find it necessary to implement this as a core beefalo behavior. without the bell the beefalo behaves as it always has, it does not run away. One of these things has caused bugs (u cannot call sliding with the beefalo unable to do anything until it decides to stop anything but a bug, likewise woby's behavior as shown in HeatAndRun's video) and complaints from the community who did not like this exact behavior in a previous iteration, that being woby, and the other has been with us from the start with no complaints or issues.

This running away behavior was an unnecessary and uncalled for addition that was seemingly added while oblivious to its consequences in battle, one of the major purposes of Beefalo. A much greater purpose than being your line cook while you're cozying up to each other between your crockpots. 

3 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

This is entirely up to the player and i found immense use in this behavior just as a convenience thing since it meant i didnt necessarily have to ride the beefalo while taming to have it constantly in my eyesight.

It is a nice convenience thing. but you cant have it both ways. having it constantly in your eyesight and following you around is bound to cause it to obstruct you from intractables like i know it has done for me.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    3194
3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s literally what I just said: The TAMING process as Wendy can be a Hassle because if it’s not fully tamed yet Abigail wants it Dead. 

an interesting behavior of the beefalo bell is that if you run away from the beefalo, enough for it to teleport to you, while it is attacking something, it will lose interest in whatever it is attacking and you can mount it again.

  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CremeLover    396
2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s literally what I just said: The TAMING process as Wendy can be a Hassle because if it’s not fully tamed yet Abigail wants it Dead. 

Look, just desummon Abigail to stop it from fighting beefalo, drop the bell, and walk away for 2 screens.

As long as you have some weapon, you should not die to hound waves, you have more than enough time to do this. And if the beefalo gets in your way of anything, drop the bell away, beefalo is attracted to the bell so is as much effort as desummoning Abigail.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    3194
Just now, Ohan said:

Okay you learn that you burn your hand when you put it in the fire because the fire is hot. does that lessen the pain of the burn? this sounds so unhelpful and willfully obtuse. 

no, but you learned not to put your hand in the fire??? I don't understand how you could use such an analogy and not expect such an obvious retort.

If you put your hand in the fire then you learn that the fire hurts and perhaps could use it for things other than hurting yourself. Beefalo bells, or rather new mechanics tend to act in much of the same way in a game like this one, where one kind of have to experiment with things even if they can prove dangerous to find out the best way to work with them..

3 minutes ago, Ohan said:

One of these things has caused bugs (u cannot call sliding with the beefalo unable to do anything until it decides to stop anything but a bug, likewise woby's behavior as shown in HeatAndRun's video) and complaints from the community who did not like this exact behavior in a previous iteration, that being woby, and the other has been with us from the start with no complaints or issues.

In much of the same way that one just learns about new mechanics, I would be willing to say that one can also learn to avoid bugs with such mechanics, until they are addressed, if they ever are. I think something like "sliding with the beefalo unable to do anything until it decides to stop" is something that probably has some kind of thing that triggers it, one could probably avoid that.

2 minutes ago, Ohan said:

having it constantly in your eyesight and following you around is bound to cause it to obstruct you from intractables like i know it has done for me.  

then shoo it away somehow with the running behavior of the beefalo bell, I recall beefalo at times running away when i give them food (kind of funny giving them a bunch of stuff before they can fully run away)

  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohan    1896
1 minute ago, Lbphero said:

I would be willing to say that one can also learn to avoid bugs with such mechanics, until they are addressed, if they ever are. I think something like "sliding with the beefalo unable to do anything until it decides to stop" is something that probably has some kind of thing that triggers it, one could probably avoid that.

that is the point of this thread. in video games bugs are supposed to be worked out by the developers so one would not need to actively try to avoid them. it is up to them to remove the fire. 

4 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

then shoo it away somehow with the running behavior of the beefalo bell, I recall beefalo at times running away when i give them food (kind of funny giving them a bunch of stuff before they can fully run away)

:roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    3194
1 minute ago, Ohan said:

that is the point of this thread. in video games bugs are supposed to be worked out by the developers so one would not need to actively try to avoid them. it is up to them to remove the fire. 

refuse to work with new mechanic and simply ask for developer to restore things back to way it was

1 minute ago, Ohan said:

:roll:

literally exactly what im talking about

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    9598

Guys: what if the bell is just temporary? You’d be wanting Klei to fix what you consider a bug, when that’s time they could be doing literally anything else.

the bell is just Wobys code: that’s why it acts like Woby, that’s WHY Walter players crashed trying to Use Woby.. 

And you have to wonder that if they change the behavior of Beefalo’s bonded to the bell, if it would also make Woby change as well?

I’m pretty sure if this WAS a bug a hotfix would’ve been pushed out for it by now.

But as it stands now: only Klei knows if the Bells for YOTB are here to stay or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    3194
1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Guys: what if the bell is just temporary?

i hope to all that is above me that it isnt, mike you are severrely taking for granted how amazing it is to be able to disconnect from a server with your beefalo

 

  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now