[UPDATED] ocean fishing info-chart

Its been a while and I thought it was best that I updated my old fishing chart that I made a while ago!
The previous post sadly got archived, so I could no longer update it, so thats why im making this new post here!

(Here is the old one incase you wanted to look)

Spoiler

Now I thoroughly enjoy all of the fishing that Klei has added to DST, I find it immersive and very in depth! But with this depth comes confusion. Thats why I created (And Updated) this chart! So that people have a way to at least try to understand all the mechanics that go into fishing.

With this new chart. I decided to add a LOT more information to it and I tried to make it a little easier to read. But all this comes at the cost of needing a rather large image. So in order to make it so its even legible, I had to make it a PDF version! Found below the sample image, One click and it will download for you to open and zoom in to your hearts content! (Though even then I have found it to be laggy and have a few glitches. But at l east you can read it!)

OceanFishingChart9.3.thumb.jpg.0a46ffd72aab49105732b6df64cb4b63.jpg
Please use the PDF → OceanFishingChart9.3.pdf ← Please use the PDF
( its about 2.4mb )
And here is the normal image version. I do not recommend using it because of the compression. But its here if you want it

Spoiler

OceanFishingChart9.3.thumb.png.34f3efbbbcc1ba28eee55d5c205ede9a.png

Okay yeah I know it seems a bit sketchy... but this was the only way I could do it!! And I added a PDF version to the last one but no one saw it... sooo thats why im making it look like a sketchy website!

Anyway, feel free to ask any questions in the comments or if I got anything wrong, please tell me there! Just so i can fix it as fast as I can.
And feel free to Follow in case you want to be updated on if I make any corrections, then you can go ahead and follow this post, as i will comment when I've made any revisions!

Now if only Klei will add something like the cookbook/gardener hat for the ocean fish in game :wilson_sneaky:

23 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

yes we do! :wilson_laugh:

HANG ON! There are two special event only fishes at the moment in the ocean?? Same goes for console I assume?

I might go spend a year on the ocean just to get them....

Edit: They are not as rare as I thought, already got a dappled one!

Edit 2: I managed to catch 6 Dappled and 3 Golden Koi over the course of roughly the second half of Winter and first third of Spring. They are not that rare at all and you can easily catch most of a shoal of them unless Sharks or Narwhals come and eat them (which did happen to me a few times!).

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

Why are you so aggressive about using the pdf? Looks like the image would be just fine if you didn't slap a bunch of garbage on top of it.

PDFs have the advantage of being vector like with infinite scale on fonts while an image is a pre-rendered bitmap and only looks 'good' at a few resolutions.

But yeah, not as portable as an image is.  Most forums don't support embedding a PDF like an image.

5 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Why are you so aggressive about using the pdf? Looks like the image would be just fine if you didn't slap a bunch of garbage on top of it.

Because the normal image was just so compressed and I would have people complain that it was impossible to read the smaller text, basically making the chart pointless.

3 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

PDFs have the advantage of being vector like with infinite scale on fonts while an image is a pre-rendered bitmap and only looks 'good' at a few resolutions.

but yeah, basically what he said. Having it as a PDF allows you to zoom in and see the text perfectly.

I really apologize that it isnt the most convenient, but if you would like, i can post the image version as well.  

Archived