Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Recommended Posts

Most versalite and valuable product in my opinion.

Need hunger and Healing? 3 stone fruits + leafy meat and you got beefy greens for 75 hunger 40 hp. Basically Dragonpie which doesn't need your attention to grow ingridients

Need Sanity? Just 2 meats + 2 honey and you got jelly salad for 50! sanity That's dirt cheap sanity i'd say

Need everything? Veggie burger. Yeah you need to grow Onion, but just once, then wrap it and cook them every time you need it for 30hp 33 sanity and 37.5 hunger. Veggie Burger is the only thing that requires something from you but it's so strong it worth it

Need Hunger? Plant 20 fleshy bulbs and just eat cooked meat and even wolfgang will be satisfied for 3 seasons.

Leafy meat is op and i don't understand why it's so easy to get it in late game

edit: 

Leafy meat removes your need to kill or farm something to get good healing/sanity dishes. Basically just removes one of most important game mechanics, that's why it's broken.

It was okay when there were no recipies for leafy meat because there is much food anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like the Leafy Meat to be a lil more interesting in the farming operation, just waiting to get some is unfunny as the setup to get rid of the Eyeplants only ask for specific turfs to have such a great meat generator that basically works better than a Pig Guardian's Berry Bush setpiece, there's no need for fertilizing, withered plants and other hazards.

It would be just nicer if the Eyeplants had something to do with the meat generation itself, not like watering them but feeding them with other plants like grass to grow the meat would be just cool, who doesn't want to be a true Leafy Meat farmer ? Sounds more thoughtful than AFK generated items.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leafy Meat is Awesome!

Another good use for it is that you can feed it your bird for eggs! (trade for gold or make pierogi)
 

It does take a little while to gather the bulbs though. I usually only find about 3 or 4 every Spring.. Maybe there would be more if there are lots of players on the server, I'm not sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

It takes time to get their power so i dont see it that broken 

With the years needed for a good meat farm you could have many bundles with food that will better than leafy recipes

there is nothing better than leafy recipes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

so how is op then?

also, almost every recipe rot fast and you cant control how fresh will be the meat

even if you collect red meat it's green after cooking and crockpot dish is at 80% at minimum so it doesn't matter

It's OP because you have to do nothing for that. just collect and plant. It's like saying old bunnymen wasn't op because you have to build their hutches first

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, landromat said:

Leafy meat is op and i don't understand why it's so easy to get it in late game

There's your answer. It's late game. There's no way amass lureplants other than surviving longer so it's not exactly "easy" but if you get to the late late game it certainly makes survival even easier. But at that point what does it matter? By late game food and general survival should be the least of anyone's concerns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, landromat said:

even if you collect red meat it's green after cooking and crockpot dish is at 80% at minimum so it doesn't matter

It's OP because you have to do nothing for that. just collect and plant. It's like saying old bunnymen wasn't op because you have to build their hutches first

on that principle, would you consider honey op? It takes a lot less survived days to set up, and you can easily survive all year just form the honey you pick up once or twice a year, you have to do nothing for it either, it lasts very long and it's always fresh when picked.

The only thing leafy meat has over honey is effective sanity restoration, in terms of hunger, hp and time effectiveness it's a bit behind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, landromat said:

even if you collect red meat it's green after cooking and crockpot dish is at 80% at minimum so it doesn't matter

It's OP because you have to do nothing for that. just collect and plant. It's like saying old bunnymen wasn't op because you have to build their hutches first

isnt op because when you have a decent leafy meat farm you could have a huge amount of bundles with recipes that do the same, jelly beans, double bone armor and beequeen hats so having access to that recipes is just not so important

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

on that principle, would you consider honey op? It takes a lot less survived days to set up, and you can easily survive all year just form the honey you pick up once or twice a year, you have to do nothing for it either, it lasts very long and it's always fresh when picked.

The only thing leafy meat has over honey is effective sanity restoration, in terms of hunger, hp and time effectiveness it's a bit behind.

i can't remember honey dishes as strong as leafy meat ones, as well you have to kill something for them, not just exist and collect stuff

Honey ham requires 2 big meats nuggets are joke if you're not woody powder cake? Fresh fruit crepes? Only good thing is Jelly salad, which requires leafy meat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, landromat said:

i can't remember honey dishes as strong as leafy meat ones, as well you have to kill something for them, not just exist and collect stuff

Honey ham requires 2 big meats nuggets are joke if you're not woody powder cake? Fresh fruit crepes? Only good thing is Jelly salad, which requires leafy meat

I'm talking about eating raw honey, not bothering with any cooking, time is the precious resource here. What do you have to kill for honey? Bees never bother you if you use walls, you can peacefully collect all year round.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

I'm talking about eating raw honey, not bothering with any cooking. What do you have to kill for honey? Bees never bother you if you have use walls.

Infinite hunger is just additional pros, that's why i mentioned it last

Leafy meat removes your need to kill or farm something to get good healing/sanity dishes. Basically just removes one of most important game mechanics, that's why it's broken.

It was okay when there were no recipies for leafy meat because there is much food anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, landromat said:

Infinite hunger is just additional pros, that's why i mentioned it last

20 leafy meat is not infinite hunger, it nets you under 400 hunger. And it takes just as long to collect as 120 honey, which nets you ~1200 hunger and 360 hp raw. You get better dishes with leafy meat, but you need a lot of time to cook those dishes. Even assuming you have 60 veggies time-free and cook 20 beefy greens time-free, that only gets 25% more hunger than the raw honey. 

And let's be real here, 95% of the time you eat something in dst you eat it for hunger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

20 leafy meat is not infinite hunger, it nets you under 400 hunger. And it takes just as long to collect as 120 honey, which nets you ~1200 hunger and 360 hp raw. You get better dishes with leafy meat, but you need a lot of time to cook those dishes. Even assuming you have 60 veggies time-free and cook 20 beefy greens time-free, that only gets 25% more hunger than the raw honey. 

And let's be real here, 95% of the time you eat something in dst you eat it for hunger.

I edited my post. Nobody cares about hunger in late game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, landromat said:

I edited my post. Nobody cares about hunger in late game

That's the main reason you eat food tho, so i suggest you care about it, or you'll die of starvation :D . By that principle, why would anyone care about health when you have jellybeans, or about sanity, when you have bonehelm? Nothing is "hard" to manage in late game, but you still have to do it tho.

From what I understand you think it's necessary to kill bees to collect honey, so that might be why you don't view honey as OP too. You can survive without killing anything with honey, much faster than you can on leafy meat, and it has been the case since forever.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

From what I understand you think it's necessary to kill bees to collect honey, so that might be why you don't view honey as OP too.

Leafy meat removes your need to kill or farm something to get good healing/sanity dishes. Basically just removes one of most important game mechanics, that's why it's broken.

No, we're not eating food just for hunger. We're killing bosses, clean ruins and stuff soyou need food for you hp and sanity, we're not just sitting on the base eating honey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, landromat said:

Leafy meat removes your need to kill or farm something to get good healing/sanity dishes. Basically just removes one of most important game mechanics, that's why it's broken.

No, we're not eating food just for hunger

There are a ton of late game farms that net meat without requiring you do to anything. A bunch of Houndiuses can farm hounds, pigs, bunnymen and goats with ease. In my world i'm killing dfly with a walking cane at this point, it takes 3 minutes. Late game in DST is meant to be "broken".

10 minutes ago, landromat said:

We're killing bosses, clean ruins and stuff soyou need food for you hp and sanity, we're not just sitting on the base eating honey

Jellybeans and beequeen crown should handle sanity and hp in ruins with ease. You only need HUNGER there in lategame :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

There are a ton of late game farms that net meat without requiring you do to anything. A bunch of Houndiuses can farm hounds, pigs, bunnymen and goats with ease. In my world i'm killing dfly with a walking cane at this point, it takes 3 minutes. Late game in DST is meant to be "broken".

and these farms require something from you to build them. You can't get bunch of houndiuses without killing multiple deerclopses, guardians and skeletons. you still have to do something for that. What do you have to do for leafy meat farm? some floor and wait couple of years. Im all for broken stuff if it feels like you deserved it. Leafy meet is not one of them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, landromat said:

and these farms require something from you to build them. You can't get bunch of houndiuses without killing multiple deerclopses, guardians and skeletons. you still have to do something for that. What do you have to do for leafy meat farm? some floor and wait couple of years. Im all for broken stuff if it feels like you deserved it. Leafy meet is not one of them

I understand you better now, but I still don't think it's OP because of the time limitation. Spending 500 days in a world is also a grind worth rewarding imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites