Hamlet Loyal Item

Why did KLEI never make a Loyal item you get for purchasing hamlet?  Yes I know you unlock Wormwood for owning Don't starve hamlet but RoG and SW got Loyal items but Hamlet never did?  You could make the Cork bat into a ham bat skin or a Halberd into a spear skin ect.

2 minutes ago, Wendy C. said:

Shipwrecked and Reign of Giants had Loyal items? 
What were they? I own all the DLCs and I don't remember this...

The monumental fire pit and the pirate bird cage.  You should get them automatically now since they removed the feature where you have to type a key in.

This may just be a wild assumption on my part but I kinda get the feeling Klei feels a bit shy or guilty about Hamlet.  It's certainly great for what it was and I still enjoy it but it definitely feels like it's missing a coup de grace in it and they couldn't put in more work to it because DST is taking up a majority of their manpower. They even gave Hamlet for free to all of the testers.  Maybe they feel a loyalty item would be interpreted as them asking people to pay for a single player experience that wasn't completed to their quality standards or they really felt that giving Wormwood for free was enough of a reward for owning Hamlet. 

It would be nice to get a loyal skin for Hamlet though.

10 hours ago, cropo said:

This may just be a wild assumption on my part but I kinda get the feeling Klei feels a bit shy or guilty about Hamlet.  It's certainly great for what it was and I still enjoy it but it definitely feels like it's missing a coup de grace in it and they couldn't put in more work to it because DST is taking up a majority of their manpower. They even gave Hamlet for free to all of the testers.  Maybe they feel a loyalty item would be interpreted as them asking people to pay for a single player experience that wasn't completed to their quality standards or they really felt that giving Wormwood for free was enough of a reward for owning Hamlet.

How could they feel sorry for it, It's fantastically designed: entirely new mechanics while still using existing ones like swimming, thematic and entirely new seasons that are less dangerous and annoying than ones in existing DLCs, new entities - mobs and bosses, fantastic ideas exquisitely executed and a real challenge that needs to be taken care of.

I know I might be biased, but Hamlet in my opinion is the most cozy and welcoming amongst DS DLCs. It's also the most forgiving for an unforgiving game Don't Starve is.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Receiving a character for free for a game i bough for few money is more than enough imo

Especially that any of Don't Starve DLCs isn't very expensive considering how much work has been put into them, how good they all are and how much completely new content they provide.

And even then everyone that wanted to play the game during development (because don't lie, that's what beta testers really want - earlier access) received Hamlet for free and a free DLC character in DST on top of that! Just come on! The money was well deserved, does Klei pay their employees with Spools or what?

And to not only deliberate about Hamlet and Klei's charity work I would be more than happy if the said Legacy Skin Item was something existing in Hamlet, like a Lamp Post skin for Mushlight, Aporkalypse Calendar skin for Ocuvigil, Stalking Stick skin for Walking Cane, Executive Hammer or Ball Pein Hammer skin for Hammer, Shears skin for Razor, Cork Bat skin for Ham Bat, Cowl skin for Moggles, Nasty Spear Trap skin for Tooth Trap, or what would be the most appropriate Pith Hat Skin for Straw Hat, Rain Hat and Miner Hat, or a Farm House, Town House or Slanty Shanty skin for a Pig House.

3 minutes ago, Sapientis said:

And even then everyone that wanted to play the game during development (because don't lie, that's what beta testers really want - earlier access) received Hamlet for free and a free DLC character in DST on top of that! Just come on! The money was well deserved, does Klei pay their employees with Spools or what?

That was, imo, the problem. I didnt know what happend with hamlet because i wasnt using the forums for that time (neither the computer in general so i couldnt enjoy hamlet until few months ago) so when i played hamlet i research because it seems incomplete and i read all this stuff. Klei sometimes gives too much (maybe is worth if it atracs people) and sells the game for too little (dst for just 5e is a joke and the dlcs cost 2e) and still there is people asking for more skins or better loots (like that guy crying because his winter feast chest havent expensive skins lel)

I have all the ds games for just 20e, that is a joke for 2 games+3dlcs+ an extra copy of dst and, when i was prepared to buy wormwood, they just give it to me xd

I know klei gaing money with skins in dst (they could get more if they dont give wall skins for free or bee boxes skin when they just release a beebox skin..) but for the single player it has no sense the price even with all the bugs (that, i suppose, remain there because isnt worth to fix a game that gives that poor amount of money)

Wasn't Hamlet also for free if you played in the Beta branch of it? I remember getting it for free because i had played it during the Beta. 

So ontop of getting Wormwood right out the gate, i also got he DLC for free. I feel like that was pretty cool in itself and was very generous for a gaming company. They do such a great job, no need to feel entitled that you deserve more from an already very generous company. 

19 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I know klei gaing money with skins in dst (they could get more if they dont give wall skins for free or bee boxes skin when they just release a beebox skin..) but for the single player it has no sense the price even with all the bugs (that, i suppose, remain there because isnt worth to fix a game that gives that poor amount of money)

It's probably because they do it with heart and not out of greed. They make skins to sustain their work on actual new content that is free and not the other way around. For example in MOBA genre most companies are set for gain: they release skins much more frequently with prices reaching over full DS + DLCs + DST values while new content is super rare and to be honest usually disappointing. 

Year of The Carrat bundle was my all time most favourite set of skins, aesthetics were so good I just couldn't resist them and to be honest Home Sweet Home skin for Bee Box is subjectively one of the best skins in game, so free Bee Box skin doesn't change that much, at least for me. Giving Wall skins for free was a choice for sure, given how much base design potential they bring, but we already know how generous Klei is.

I like how Klei handles this, but they really could rise the prices a bit, their games are well worth it.

1 minute ago, Sapientis said:

It's probably because they do it with heart and not out of greed. They make skins to sustain their work on actual new content that is free and not the other way around. For example in MOBA genre most companies are set for gain: they release skins much more frequently with prices reaching over full DS + DLCs + DST values while new content is super rare and to be honest usually disappointing. 

Year of The Carrat bundle was my all time most favourite set of skins, aesthetics were so good I just couldn't resist them and to be honest Home Sweet Home skin for Bee Box is subjectively one of the best skins in game, so free Bee Box skin doesn't change that much, at least for me. Giving Wall skins for free was a choice for sure, given how much base design potential they bring, but we already know how generous Klei is.

I like how Klei handles this, but they really could rise the prices a bit, their games are well worth it.

ye i have played a moba that has skins between 5€ and 50€, a total non sense

no being greed brings the problem of not being worth to finish the roadmap of hamlet+people being greed getting the game for free because they participate as beta tester but not giving feedback

im totally agree that dont starve games are worth more price but i kinda understand that, being games that can be played in low cost computers, maybe they will not be bought for people in not so rich countries were it is so played

14 hours ago, cropo said:

It's certainly great for what it was and I still enjoy it but it definitely feels like it's missing a coup de grace in it and they couldn't put in more work to it because DST is taking up a majority of their manpower.

I don't think this is the reason they didn't work on Hamlet so much.

14 hours ago, cropo said:

They even gave Hamlet for free to all of the testers.

I think this is it.

Archived