Warly Tips - Early and Late

Hi! I'll be playing as Warly with my friend (Wormwood) and I need some tips on early food monitoring/recipes for him. 

Also, any tips on good recipes I could focus on (and spices)? I aim for killing bosses too. Now that we have some great variety (Bone, Moqueca and Stew), I don't think hunger will be a problem later on.

Thank you!~

Easy way would be to wait until ur starving then slam down however many meatballs it takes to fill hunger completely, or a meaty stew and a meatball/ 2 meaty stews etc 

by the time ur starving again warly will have forgotten about meatballs and meaty stew 

One always useful tip is to remember that his food memory works in a very simplistic way: he only forgets a food after not eating it for 2 days (16 minutes). If you eat three meatballs Back 2 Back you'll recover 168.75 hunger and 2 days later be able to eat them for full stats again. But if you eat a meatball, then another tomorrow, and another tomorrow you'll have gained the same 168.75 hunger but only now after 3 days does the 2 day countdown actually start. Chugging down food and tanking through the debuff is a lot better than sporadically refreshing it.

If you want wear some tryhard trousers just do what @Ohan said and alternate chugging a few meatballs and a meaty stew... I think it's a lot more fun to make a variety of recipes, though. Meatballs, meaty stew, honey ham, bacon and eggs, bone bouillon, and moqueca all restore a lot of hunger. I like to mix in a lot of recipes that restore less hunger, too, like fancy spiralled tubers, puffed potato souffle, stuffed eggplant, etc.

I still don't have that much experience with the new farming, but starting to make farm plots as soon as I have a base is good. Early on, I usually grow potatoes and onions for Fancy Spiralled Tubers (one potato, two twigs, one ice/berry works) and Bone Bouillon (two bone shards, one onion, one ice/berry works). The latter needs bone shards, which isn't very easy to get in large quantities once you are out of bones, so only cook them when you need hunger and healing. For healing only, Butter Muffin and Trail Mix does fine. Meat is also important for Meaty Stew and Meatballs, hunting Koalefant is an easy way to get a lot of it in any time of the year. Drying Racks are also probably more helpful than with other characters, I usually set up around 10-12 of them. 

The first winter is probably the most difficult part of a survival with Warly, although it certainly became easier with RWYS. Potatoes are still in season, you can still go on Koalefant hunts, and ice is a basically free filler. Warly can't eat Cooked Cacti or Cooked Green Caps, so sanity can sometimes be a problem. Because of that, I recommend grabbing a Tam o' Shanter during the first winter.

Out of his exlusive recipes, my favourite is Glow Berry Mousse, I really recommend making a bunch of them during a Ruins trip. 4 Lesser Glow Berries, or two Lesser Glow Berries and two Cave Bananas will work. The strongest recipe is probably Volt Goat Chaud-Froid, it can absolutely destroy bosses as long as they are wet. Combined with Chili Flakes, it does a 3x damage to any wet mob (6x if paired with a mighty Wolfgang). You can set up a goat farm with Anenemies, but in the early /mid-game you can just befriend some pigs and kill some goats with minimal risk. If you are good at kiting them (or if you have a good armour) you can try to kill some of them while they're asleep. Bee Queen, Fuelweaver and Toadstool are all much easier with this food. Fish Cordon Bleu is excellent for fighting bosses in Spring (which you'll probably do a lot because of the Volt Goat Chaud-Froid). Two Frog Legs and two Freshwater Fish will work. Moqueca is also an excellent food if you have farms, it provides a huge healing, and a good amount of food and sanity, also one of my favourites. One Onion, one Toma Root, one Freshwater Fish and one Ice will work. Most of the Warly-exlusive recipes are pretty useful, these are the ones I use the most.

Use a mix of buttermuffins, trail mix, honey ham, honey nuggets, fishsticks and pierogie to heal

Remmeber that now youcan fish loabsters that brings a good amount of healing also 3 fishes +1 monter meat or 2 big fishes (eels count too) + 2 monster meat= surf and turf. Ideal if you do ruin rush early on and dont forget that unagi exist

Take in count that mest stew heals you 15 points so you can wait until losing some heal for being starving before eating 

Bundle wrap is your best tool

Take the routine of farming volt goats often or make an auto farm

The spice made of salt can help you a lot if you take a lot of damage in boss fights. Also, the garlic one will make you need less healing, so good if your partner will play as wormwood

Take every lureplant you see, 1 leafy meat and 3 veggies gives you a quick spoil meat based dragon pie. If you add onion it cooks hamburger that heals, gives sanity and hunger. 2 leafy meats + 2 honey gives you one of the best dishes for sanity

Talking about sanity, icecream for boss fights like fw is the way to go. You can combine it with the leafy jelly (2 leafy meats+2honey)

You can use Anenemy's to farm frog legs/morsels by using gates to seal in a pond, and leaving a gated corridor with 4 Anenemy's as a pathing point. 2 Anenemy's will kill a frog, 4 will ensure there is always 2 ready to kill another one; it's not uncommon to amass about 7 legs a day per pond. Froggle Bunwich acts very similar to a Butter Muffin both in stats and recipe in case you wanted to stack the healing with Butter Muffins (as to minimize the repeated dish penalty).

7 hours ago, Yuma Arcl said:

Hi! I'll be playing as Warly with my friend (Wormwood) and I need some tips on early food monitoring/recipes for him. 

Early game I'd do what Ohan said, hoard meatballs, or meaty stews and eat them all at once until completely fed every 2 days.

Warly loses 90 hunger a day so you need to get at least 180 food every 2 days to be fine , so even if you get 4 meatballs all at once, with the repetition penalties you still get like 209 hunger, which is more than enough to bypass his con.

Since you'll be playing with Wormwood I'd try to focus to farm from the beginning of the game Onions, Pepper Tomatoes and maybe corn.

Onions because many of the good Warly exclusive recipes require it, tomatoes because of versatility and vegetable stingers, Pepper to make spicy chili, and corn to make powdercakes, to put the spicy chili on so its always ready to use.

Also don't forget to start using from early on the grim gallete-Wormwood combo, that is, Wormwood tops his sanity by planting trees, seeds, or whatever he was planting, once his sanity is at least st 150, chops his arm for living logs until gets to minimum HP, then eats the grim gallete to swap sanity for HP, kills a shadiw creature or 2 (to recover tje used fuel, for more grim galletes) then continues planting seeds until the sanity is full again, Chop his arm once more, and repeat over and over. Having a lot of living logs from early game means dark sword as main weapon for both of you, batbats as healing side weapons after doing the ruins clearing, and starcallers for light and warmth all winter and early spring.

I'd also focus on killing bee queen ASAP since it would be great for both of you (specially warly) to have bundling wraps.

Mid-Late game just have on the surface a reanimated skeleton to obtain lesser glowberries, so you can use glowberry mousse at will, and I'd set up a volt goat auto farm to keep making the electric jelly, and keep it always ready to use in a bundle for boss fights.

Use Warly's hunger meter as a timer for his food memory. 

Warly looses 90 hunger/day. And it takes 2 days for his food memory to be reset. So if you eat 180 hunger points all at once, You can eat those same dishes the moment your hunger drops below 70 points (assuming that you ate to a full belly).

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Now I've never done a auto farm so I'm curious when the goat is killed off by the trap why does the goat spawn in the pen instead of the lunar island?

because the herd spawner is located on top of the trap meanwhile the goat in the lunar island tries to reach that herd spawner

you can relocate goats with a telelocator staff or pushing them quickly because the spawner doesnt change

also there is no need of bringing the safety goat to the lunar island, it can be anywhere meanwhile is a safe place

Archived