Best(s) for Wormwood?

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

wortox

I love Wortox (it's my fav), but I want to try other char.

3 minutes ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Warly pairs pretty well with Wormwood, since Wormwood can supply with some important ingredients for special dishes like bone soup, moqueca, asparagazpacho and the list goes on. 

However if you want to kill bosses Wigfrid and Wolfgang are especially strong fighters.

I thought of Wolfgang. Also Warly seems very fun to play (but it'd be great if we had a 3rd player using Wig or Wolf). Any tips for Warly?

5 minutes ago, Yuma Arcl said:

I thought of Wolfgang. Also Warly seems very fun to play (but it'd be great if we had a 3rd player using Wig or Wolf). Any tips for Warly?

wurt and warly are good choices because of how good is wormwood at farming and how them can help the plant boy

Now that it’s easier for Wormwood to heal himself you don’t need Wortox as much, though he is still crazy good- Wurt makes a good pair with Wormwood due to planting food anywhere (although RWYS kinda lets every character plant anywhere now.)

Least worm saves resources in doing it. :) 

10 minutes ago, Yuma Arcl said:

I main Warly and he is a ton of fun, but a big challenge. Until you get a Krampus Sack, I would recommend using the insulation pack to carry around food, and make sure to keep your hunger level high or carry around crockpot dishes, because you can easily starve if you don't keep an eye on things. And since he can only eat crockpot dishes, you have to run all the way back to base and cook something if you don't have a crockpot or food on hand. I'd just suggest getting a farm and getting comfortable with different recipes, a cookbook might help with that, so you can cycle different dishes. Overall he has great abilities that help with gathering materials, big fights and just surviving.

Wormwood can benefit and be benefited by: Wortox (He heals worm and worm makes loads of food), Wicker (too much food), and Warly (variety of ingredients for his fancy dishes, that buff worm)

He can benefit: Wurt, his advantage basically covers for Wurts disadvantage. but Wurts advatages dont cover his

Though any survivor can sinergize well with wormwood, but those itneractions are wormwood makes food and the other player protects him

Wormwood is one of the characters that pairs well with most everyone. Whichever character you pick, you'll benefit from Wormwood perks, but the character that gets the least from Wormwood is Wigfrid as she can't eat mushrooms or farm crops and vegetarian crock pot dishes. (On the flipside wormy receives a lot from Wigfrid as she handles fighting, provides Weapons, Armor, Filling meat ingredients and buffs when fighting bosses)

However, the character that helps a Wormwood the most is Wortox, as he provides easy healing to a character that is otherwise mostly dependant on Sleeping, Healing Items and Fertilizers to heal. What Wortox gets from this interaction is lots of unfilling food that he can nevertheless use to restore his hunger without losing sanity, although he benefits more from characters that excel in gathering lots of meat.

Wormwood and Wickerbottom is not a bad pair up as she can read Horticulture Abridged to quickly grow lots of wild crops and wormwood can easily plant more and more sanity crops like Watermelon, Asparagus, Toma Roots, Garlic, Onions and Potatoes. Besides the tents and siestas will be all Wormwood's to enjoy since the old woman can't sleep and Wormwood loves sleeping. Wickerbottom also possesses the tools to defeat bosses like beequeen without a sweat due to her tentacle book, which can help out your base.

In a similar vein, Winona is also a great matchup. She is another one of the hunger-challenged characters so she'll appreciate all the produce Wormwood can easily provide while she offers the tools to make boss fights like Dragonfly and Beequeen pretty easy, as well as making effective farms like bunnymen farms or moonstone fortresses. Combining her Catapults and Wormwood's Bramble Traps, you can make pretty amazing fortresses all around tbh. She's also one of the best sailing characters with her own easy to produce boat patches and can quickly provide you with the materials for Growth Formula Starter.

Woodie is also good as he his skillset is very versatile and can save Wormwood from ever bothering from hurting trees. He can do easy exploration, transportation, boss fighting, crowd control etc. and Wormwood will easily provide products to fix up his hunger, health and sanity after transformations.

Warly is an obviously good matchup, as more and easy agriculture provided by Wormwood will allow Warly to make all his special food very easily and more in quantity, helping you out both with his spices and dishes.

Wendy is a fine match up as through using Abigail she can crowd control and decimate most any regular mobs, easily providing base with silk, monster meat, bananas, ruins goodies, manure etc; helping Wormwood avoid necessary yet menial fights. Also both characters' favorite dish revolves around bananas and Wendy is the character that excels at mass gathering bananas.

Wolfgang similarly is a good matchup as Wormwood can easily mass produce tons of food, including his favourites; potatoes. With his might Wolfgang can handle most fights easily, helping with the bosses a lot and saving Wormwood from unnecessary battles.

Wurt also comes to mind since combined, both of you can pretty much live off with the crops and special veggie dishes easily. She can build a merm empire to make gathering wood, mining and boss fighting a simple affair. Wormwood's bramle husk makes fighting tentapillars a walk in the park so Wurt can more easily amass tentacle spots for Merm Flortifications.

Willow should not be forgotten too as having her will guarantee more efficient fuel usage for fires so you'll save up on logs, charcoal and manure. Her teddy bear will also handle fighting with shadow monsters for Wormy so that he doesn't bother losing health over getting nightmare fuel. 

Maxwell is also always welcome as he'll be the master of unliving resource collection - wood, and minerals while wormwood will gather living material. This is a somewhat flawed matchup though as both characters struggle with keeping their health and as Wormwood doesn't need health foods, Maxwell won't need any sanity foods.

Wurt might be a good addition in my opinion for a few reasons. 

- Neither of you would lose sanity from rain, which can be a plus in spring.

- Wormwood can plant and manage veggies the best for Wurt to eat.

- Wurt can place merm houses near spider dens and mosquito ponds to farm health drops for Wormwood. 

- Wormwood can interact with pigs and trade with pig king for gold.

Again just my opinion, but hope this helps a little.

6 hours ago, Yuma Arcl said:

If you are playing warly, ask the wormwood player to farm onions. onions are amazing for warly, as they not only make the amazing dishes of bone bouillon and moqueca, but also are a key ingredient to grim gazette, which is one of the best healing items for wormwood. It swaps health and sanity values when you eat it, so wormwood only has to plant seeds and eat it to get to full hp, and plant more seeds afterwards if they don't want to be insane

10 hours ago, Ohan said:

Wormwood - Wurt - Warly is definitely my dream team :apple: (Although Warly might make things too easy :lol:)

Wortox or either of the fighters r nice too but boring imo 

Wormwood is a pretty solid character whose focus is to mass produce food and living logs, and since the latest update he now also has an all year 'round decent movement perk and unique healing strategies. 
He has average gathering skills (with a small, almost negligible penalty on wood gathering), and average boss fighting skills (with a small healing penalty during boss fights, almost negligible as well)

So basically he pairs well with anyone, but benefits more from characters that aid on healing during fights, fast gatherers, or faster boss killers.

For all rounders covering most of these things, I'd go either Wurt or Warly:

• Wurt offers strong protection, fast gathering of wood, stone and nitre, unlimited seeds and kelp via Merm King (Easier kelp = easier fertilizer = blooming) and faster boss fights, specially Bee Queen, thus enabling easier and reliable access to jellybeans for him (healing)
  • Warly offers a small boost that helps both of them to become more efficient stone and wood gatherers, foods that protects them from the elements, a food that enables wormwood to swap between sanity and health (which paired with his strong sanity management grants cheap healing), a food that will allow them to not worry about darkness and foods that will make both of them very efficient boss killers.

I mean Wicker is still godly tier, Woodie helps on whatever is needed, Wolfgang as long as he is fed (Wormwood can keep him mighty 24/7) will kill everything for both of them Wendy is demigod tier... but the combos are a bit more dull. 

I think the long term, I'd be less bored with Wurt or Warly.

Archived