Do you prefer the old or new farming system?

Old farms VS Reap what you sow farms.  

329 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• Old farms
    • Reap what you sow farms
    • I think they're both OK.

If you were on the overworld and it was summer, the plants in the farm plot would wilt without an ice flingo, and when they wilted they would each yield a harvest of 1 grass. That's the only way they would "rot" in the old farming system.

Currently playing a lightout solo world. The new farming system means if I want to have giant crops, I have to baby sit the farm all the way from seeding to harvest, mainly because I needed to be there for the music to play.

IMO the new system need some changes:

1) "talk to plant" should have -1 stress

2) skipping "talk to plant" should not have +1 stress

3) if point 2 is not an option, at least add something similar to salt lick/ice flingomatic.

1 hour ago, Mday said:

Currently playing a lightout solo world. The new farming system means if I want to have giant crops, I have to baby sit the farm all the way from seeding to harvest, mainly because I needed to be there for the music to play.

You also need to be there cause of watering... and possibly fertilizing.

But the thing is you don't need giant crops. If you don't want to put the time and effort into babysitting your crops so they'll turn giant, then you can simply... not do it. Planting, tending and forgetting is pretty damn efficient on its own anyway.

14 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

You also need to be there cause of watering... and possibly fertilizing.

But the thing is you don't need giant crops. If you don't want to put the time and effort into babysitting your crops so they'll turn giant, then you can simply... not do it. Planting, tending and forgetting is pretty damn efficient on its own anyway.

I went for giant crops because it was my first game since returm of them. So I did it to complete the plant registry. All I can say is it was not a fun experience. So no I don't need to do the boring stuff again.

Archived