More uses for farm veggies

I just wanted to ask if more uses should be added in the update for veggies, such as crafting, crockpot meals etc.

For me it would be that eggplant/garlic needs more love than just two crockpot recipes they can be made into and filler as well as garlic powder.

What are your thoughts?

This is my wish too. The rebuttal to this is always that farm crops are already good on their own, eaten directly. Which is all fine and dandy but thats not as fun as it could be :D

at the very least id like recipes such as pumpkin cookies and stuffed eggplant to not be... worthless. no recipe should give less stats than the sum total of its ingredients thats just silly 

2 hours ago, InspectorTrick said:

I mean what else can they be used for besides stuffed eggplant and mashed potatoes/garlic powder?

you heavily implied that you were not making stuffed eggplant or puree or cooked eggplant in your original post as you were using absolutes. there isnt more to them than that but they are very useful recipes  at certain parts of the game

5 minutes ago, gaymime said:

you heavily implied that you were not making stuffed eggplant or puree or cooked eggplant in your original post as you were using absolutes. there isnt more to them than that but they are very useful recipes  at certain parts of the game

You do make a good point, should I edit my first post to clarify that?

Sure, I'd love if GarlAshura.jpg.ed5900144ad040c4187fb0858f5bfe9d.jpgic and Eggplants, or any other crop got more uses but can we first get a recipe for poor Pomegranate?

As I suggested sometime before, I think Ashura (AKA Noah's Pudding) would be the perfect crock pot recipe for this since DST already likes using a variety of food from different cuisines. Could make a nice health and sanity recipe; perhaps Pomegranate, Birchnut and Honey for the recipe and 30 Health 25 Hunger and 15 Sanity for stats.

I would prefer to give some love to pumpkins and pomegranate. Since there are so many real life dishes for pumpkin, why we have just one? I sniff a lot of potential here. Also I love @SinancoTheBest idea for pomegranate. Since potato puree is almost perfect recipe I don't really want more recipes for garlic. Stuffed eggplant could use a little buff, like little more health, but there are other dishes that need more buff (poor fruit medley...).

IWhile we're at it might as well give durian a use. It's inferior to the pomegranate in every regard. Is it supposed to be the Monster Lasagna/Ratatouille/Tartare of farms? Here's the best possible stats for both of them:

Cooked Durian: 0 Health, 25 hunger, -5 sanity (1 fruit value and is a monster food Webber dislikes)

Sliced Pomegranate: 20 Health, 12.5 hunger, 0 sanity. (1 fruit value)

Yes, Durian gives double hunger, but are you really gonna farm them to eat them cooked? Durians have no specific crockpot recipe either, and the final nail in the coffin is durian can be replaced with garlic, a vegetable that has a myriad of recipes, and grows all year round. Because durians only grow in spring, that means you must use Garlic-Dragon Fruit-(Pomegranate/onion) to grow Dragon fruit in summer, which is much better for Wurt than durian anyway.

5 hours ago, Picklesaurus said:

Hello! Why is garlic better for Wurt than durian?

Like I said, garlic can be made into Potatoe Purée and grows all year round. Because of this, You can grow Garlic, Dragon, Onion in spring and summer, while Durians only grow in Spring, meaning less possible harvesting.

1 hour ago, Grim the said:

Like I said, garlic can be made into Potatoe Purée and grows all year round. Because of this, You can grow Garlic, Dragon, Onion in spring and summer, while Durians only grow in Spring, meaning less possible harvesting.

I see, but isn't Potatoe Purée good only if you are interested in the sanity aspect of it?
And even then, isn't it more eficient to make two Fancy Spiralled Tubers for sanity instead?

Potatoe Purée uses 2 potatoes, 1 garlic and 1 filler for a total of 20 hp, 37,5 hunger and 33 sanity.
This is one of the cheapests ways you can make it:

image.png.66400b211412e0de1baa396827945c88.png

Fancy Spiralled Tubers use 1 potato, 1 twigs and 2 fillers for a total of 3 hp, 37,5 hunger and 15 sanity.
Those are one the cheapest ways to make it:

image.png.30cae73f4e98a56e159862a8f5257aa1.png
For 2 potatoes, 4 twigs and 2 ices you would get 6 hp, 75 hunger and 30 sanity.

It could be argued that the HP aspect of Potato purée is important... but if the reason you are making potatoe purée is related to the hp portion it gives... it's better to eat the 2 potatoes cooked instead of making them into the Potatoe Purée.
image.png.8cfb84412fa08c299993ee6f2e60960d.png

Eating 2 cooked potatoes gives you 40 hp and 50 hunger. 

This way, I'd question the eficiency of farming garlic for characters that are not warly since for them the only recipe it can be made into is Potatoe Purée, a not so eficient recipe considering it's cost and the alternatives.

About durian, It's not a bad food for wurt, each durian gives her 40 hunger points, this is 64% of a meatball.
Two durians are worth 28% more hunger points than a meatball, not bad considering meatballs are considered one of the cheapest ways to get hunger points for the other characters and that it uses 4 ingredients.

1 hour ago, Picklesaurus said:

I see, but isn't Potatoe Purée good only if you are interested in the sanity aspect of it?
And even then, isn't it more eficient to make two Fancy Spiralled Tubers for sanity instead?

Potatoe Purée uses 2 potatoes, 1 garlic and 1 filler for a total of 20 hp, 37,5 hunger and 33 sanity.
This is one of the cheapests ways you can make it:

image.png.66400b211412e0de1baa396827945c88.png

Fancy Spiralled Tubers use 1 potato, 1 twigs and 2 fillers for a total of 3 hp, 37,5 hunger and 15 sanity.
Those are one the cheapest ways to make it:

image.png.30cae73f4e98a56e159862a8f5257aa1.png
For 2 potatoes, 4 twigs and 2 ices you would get 6 hp, 75 hunger and 30 sanity.

It could be argued that the HP aspect of Potato purée is important... but if the reason you are making potatoe purée is related to the hp portion it gives... it's better to eat the 2 potatoes cooked instead of making them into the Potatoe Purée.
image.png.8cfb84412fa08c299993ee6f2e60960d.png

Eating 2 cooked potatoes gives you 40 hp and 50 hunger. 

This way, I'd question the eficiency of farming garlic for characters that are not warly since for them the only recipe it can be made into is Potatoe Purée, a not so eficient recipe considering it's cost and the alternatives.

About durian, It's not a bad food for wurt, each durian gives her 40 hunger points, this is 64% of a meatball.
Two durians are worth 28% more hunger points than a meatball, not bad considering meatballs are considered one of the cheapest ways to get hunger points for the other characters and that it uses 4 ingredients.

It seems like as a Warly main I overestimated the value of garlic for others, but I guess garlic needs more recipes too then.

Eggplant and Garlic seem fine as-is until you spend some time playing as Warly. You can't eat them directly, and you can't get enough recipes to keep him from losing the full value of them. Sure, a variety of ingredients is key to playing Warly, but it kinda sucks to watch your eggplant rot away in the saltbox because you suddenly got 20 of them from one farm cycle.

Archived