Beefy Fruit Flies

Why are Fruit Flies so damn beefy? They have so much health, 200 to be precise, that's twice the amount of a bee's, and they are visibly smaller than them. The Lord of the Fruit Flies, too, which has as much health as a Deerclops, but is smaller than a beefalo. Why is this the way it is? My best guess, is that this is a joke on the fact that fruit flies are really hard to slap in IRL cause they are small and nimble

59 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Why are Fruit Flies so damn beefy? They have so much health, 200 to be precise, that's twice the amount of a bee's, and they are visibly smaller than them. The Lord of the Fruit Flies, too, which has as much health as a Deerclops, but is smaller than a beefalo. Why is this the way it is? My best guess, is that this is a joke on the fact that fruit flies are really hard to slap in IRL cause they are small and nimble

I agree with your assessment on the health, they should be dropped a bit. Still keep the levels at mini-boss level difficulty but a little nerf wouldnt be bad, especially considering it spawns from something as inconsequential as a farm plot that grows vegetables... Not exactly the environment youd expect to have to deal with such a tanky boss.

58 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Lord of the Fruit Flies has 3000 health, while Deerclops has 4000.

Yes but just saying that is taking away from the argument. Deerclops has 4000 and comes once a year, sort of like an event. Lord of the fruit flies has 3000 health but has a much higher tendency of spawning and should be close to the power of the deerclops, especially considering the size difference.

9 minutes ago, AlexMachado said:

Yes but just saying that is taking away from the argument. Deerclops has 4000 and comes once a year, sort of like an event. Lord of the fruit flies has 3000 health but has a much higher tendency of spawning and should be close to the power of the deerclops, especially considering the size difference.

Yeah, but he is far far easier to deal with. No insanity aura, only 40 damage per hit and little known fact: he is territorial. That means if you got 5 or so tiles away from his spawn point, he will immediately drop aggro and return to it.

And since there can only be one Lord of the Fruit Flies, you can keep him at a separate area where he won't be any trouble and his fruit flies will make tons of weeds for you to farm, with no risk of spawning another Lord at your crop farm.

Beside the one friendly fly follower you get the first time, I feel that the leafy meat drop is just a placeholder for now until a better decision is picked for its loot table. overall, I like to see what adjustments this mini-boss will go through going on forward in this beta branch testing.

2 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Yeah, but he is far far easier to deal with. No insanity aura, only 40 damage per hit and little known fact: he is territorial. That means if you got 5 or so tiles away from his spawn point, he will immediately drop aggro and return to it.

And since there can only be one Lord of the Fruit Flies, you can keep him at a separate area where he won't be any trouble and his fruit flies will make tons of weeds for you to farm, with no risk of spawning another Lord at your crop farm.

That is a very good point on potentially farming weeds, nice. I still think it should be like 2000 health but at that point it probably wont really make a difference, unless the small flies gain the ability to attack you as well, which I hope doesnt happen haha.

Yeah it should be like 100 or even less imo. 

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

great idea

2 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Hello, what resource weed gives you?

I'm definitely split on the Fruit Fly mini-boss.

I assume most people are going to farm in bulk, so they're going to be dealing with it every 20 days... and it doesn't drop anything worthwhile after the first death. So it basically becomes a danger/resource sink with no benefit. I guess it sort of acts as a means of throwing a challenge at potential base sitters or something.

3 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

He already does. But it's an irreplaceable item, so you can only get one of them per shard.

That is unfortunate as currently the Friendly Fruit Fly doesnt respawn

Yea so she doesnt respawn, she's apparently supposed to work like glommer, but you cant get more than one? That seems odd

Just now, DaZoul said:

That is unfortunate as currently the Friendly Fruit Fly doesnt respawn

Nor is it meant to. It works like Glommer's Flower does, requiring you to get a new one when the Friendly Fruit Fly dies. And honestly that shouldn't be much of an issue, since you don't want hounds or giants anywhere close to your farms to begin with.

Just now, QuartzBeam said:

Nor is it meant to. It works like Glommer's Flower does, requiring you to get a new one when the Friendly Fruit Fly dies. And honestly that shouldn't be much of an issue, since you don't want hounds or giants anywhere close to your farms to begin with.

yes, as I said. But as of now, even if one is rotten, the Lord wont drop another. At least he didnt drop one for me

1 minute ago, DaZoul said:

yes, as I said. But as of now, even if one is rotten, the Lord wont drop another. At least he didnt drop one for me

Ooooh, that's interesting. And maybe worthy of reporting as a bug?

Till then, you can use the post-mortem fruit as campfire fuel to get rid of it.

What if he drops more leafy meat or mosquito sacks, like other user said, but the friendly fly becomes a drop with % and making us able to have more than 1. Isnt a op feature when seashells and one man band exist and it will be cool on servers with more than 1 base, is unfair that only one can get it

Rpv: i want my fields fills with adorable flyes 

Archived