What if the next update is going to give us an option to craft plants?

maybe the new update is going to give us an option to craft/make plants renewable, like, berry bushes? Since klei gives us a new ways to make something renewable, why not make plants renewable? What do you think?

I’m not sure if being able to craft your own plants wouldn’t be considered as OP, the game is still called Don’t Starve after all and despite the farming simulator base building party game it seems to steadily be becoming, at its heart and core it’s still supposed to be an uncompromising Wilderness Survival game.

I suppose though that since the Wormwood/Wicker combo already exists for massively absurd amounts of food farming that honestly this wouldn’t Hurt the game any worse then that already does, but it would probably make Wicker even more OP then she’s already seen as.

Tree’s count as Plants too though don’t they?, and I’d love to be able to plant my own tree types, if it wasn’t for their constant sanity drain I would live in a hand crafted forest of Totally Normal Tree’s.

That'd be amazing, it's already really easy to get food from other means than berries so being able to craft them seems reasonable, I myself stopped using my berry farm after the first year or so and just use them for decoration now, plus it'd be a nice thing for worlds that only spawned with Regular or Juicy berry bushes to get the other or the third version with the three pointed tips for the same reason.

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m not sure if being able to craft your own plants wouldn’t be considered as OP,

you know, recipes can be always expensive/hard to get, it doesn't need to be a crafting, it can be whatever it has to be, i just want to be renewable, that's it

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

the game is still called Don’t Starve after all and despite the farming simulator base building party game it seems to steadily be becoming,

they are many games that has different gameplay than the tittle would suggest, Don't starve is not the only one

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

at its heart and core it’s still supposed to be an uncompromising Wilderness Survival game.

yes, i agree with you but, how am i supposed to survive in this world without resources? i think everything in this game should be somehow renewable

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I suppose though that since the Wormwood/Wicker combo already exists for massively absurd amounts of food farming that honestly this wouldn’t Hurt the game any worse then that already does, but it would probably make Wicker even more OP then she’s already seen as.

Ok, so you are telling me that we can't have for example, renewable reeds becuase of one character that should get an entire rework anyway?

20 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Tree’s count as Plants too though don’t they?, and I’d love to be able to plant my own tree types, if it wasn’t for their constant sanity drain I would live in a hand crafted forest of Totally Normal Tree’s.

I didn't mean THAT plants but sure, it sounds lovely to see ithis n the game :D

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

if it wasn’t for their constant sanity drain I would live in a hand crafted forest of Totally Normal Tree’s

Do they have an insanity aura? I always thought it was just the naturally spawning dark flowers that appear near the ones the worldgen creates, not the trees.

Regardless, Walter doesn't care about any aura, and likes trees, he can live in his spooky forest telling his not-so spooky stories. 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m not sure if being able to craft your own plants wouldn’t be considered as OP, the game is still called Don’t Starve after all and despite the farming simulator base building party game it seems to steadily be becoming, at its heart and core it’s still supposed to be an uncompromising Wilderness Survival game.

It is not OP.

It is used to regenerate lost plants to disease.

1 minute ago, DaZoul said:

they do

they don't actually

2 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

they do

Yup they still have insanity Aurora even without flowers near them, I have a few crafted in my base for Hallowed Nights event and they drain sanity just being near the tree.

But since that could be seen as off-topic: If Plants also includes tree’s- What are the odds of being able to grow my own Palm Tree’s? I know that a lot of people are against Palm Tree’s being added to DST because they feel like they should be exclusive to Shipwrecked or something, BUT.. Palm Tree’s exist in Single Player Dont Starve outside of that DLC expansion and will occasionally appear in the Adventures mode chapter The Game is Afoot, rather you did or did not have SW dlc content.

I think that Palm Tree’s also providing Coconut food source (very Similar to Birchnut Tree) would be a good addition to the game.

But of Tree’s do not count as Plants, I would simply just like to be able to change the type of Berry/Sapling bushes that are in my game, or grow my own- I just don’t want them to become too OP

(Also Wicker is not the only one who uses Reeds, Wigfrid uses them in her rework now, Wurt uses them- and anyone wanting to build a Birdcage uses them as well)

Renewable Reeds might would Certainly be OP- but then again.. I’ll leave that up to Klei to decide.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

will occasionally appear in the Adventures mode chapter The Game is Afoot, rather you did or did not have SW dlc content.

It's a bug if you have SW content.

1 minute ago, DaZoul said:

well the Hallowed Nights ones sure do.

Odd... The natural one's don't.
Maybe they drain sanity during HN?

4 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Maybe they drain sanity during HN?

I mean, their eyes are burning. Someone should probably test that, not me though it is waaaay too late already over here. Gotta get some of that sleep of the Choo Choo type

1 minute ago, QuartzBeam said:

Yeah, the Hallowed Nights version of Totally Normal Trees is a separate prefab that does have an insanity aura.

When you say "the hallowed nights version" do you mean all trees during the event, or the ones planted?

3 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

When you say "the hallowed nights version" do you mean all trees during the event, or the ones planted?

All of them. When the event is activated, "livingtree" despawns itself and spawns a "livingtree_halloween" in its place. But , you know, in the reverse order so it'll actually work. "livingtree_halloween" has the glowy eyes, can be decorated and stuff.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Bunnymen are incomparably better than any amount of plants you can amass, possibly even including Wickerbottom reading her book on normal plants but definitely including the incredibly slow Wormwood & Wickerbottom combo. And Applied Horticulture isn't particularly difficult to craft, so the efficacy of it wouldn't be too affected by getting more plants.

Archived