What will be the DLC ?

Both, AFAIK. They wrote that the radioactivate stuff comes later as update, so perhaps the radioactive & reactor stuff arriving in Spring/Summer 2021. The radioactivity system probably for all vanilla users as a basic game system, with certain components/buildings/parts probably being part of the spaced-out-dlc. If they dare to break the savegame system again during the 2021 radioactivity update, I`ll get the hammer out.

im worndering this because in the first post Klei said that the will be free upgrade. 

That's not true.

In the first announcement of the DLC they said pretty little about its contents (or which fixes the base game would get):

In the July roadmap update, they were pretty clear that both the multiple colony thing and the radiation stuff would be part of the DLC. They also promised some fixes and "base-game content updates" for, well, the base game, but gave no particular promise what that will be:

deeply curious how this all shakes out in relation to the base game, how to reconcile the two different space systems, the inclusion of the instantaneous travel ports, the smaller maps v the larger standard map, etc. It has deep implications for the formulation of the base game going forward. Exactly what mechaincs will be shared, and where and how the divergence happens. Likely, we will get a clearer picture in this(weeks), or the following update(following wk).

20 minutes ago, Slvrsrfr said:

deeply curious how this all shakes out in relation to the base game, how to reconcile the two different space systems, the inclusion of the instantaneous travel ports, the smaller maps v the larger standard map, etc. It has deep implications for the formulation of the base game going forward. Exactly what mechaincs will be shared, and where and how the divergence happens. Likely, we will get a clearer picture in this(weeks), or the following update(following wk).

I'm wondering the same thing, there are two different games, for me is a no go for a base system having the old space system, i mean, This system must be in the core. 
Maybe we can have the new space system but not the addition to travel to another plante and landing there , maybe that wil be in the DLC with the Nuclear stuff. 

I want to be in 2021, to be able to play and save-file the full game. Damit ! Im playing Endzone or whatever else for now, I had such a great former ONi colony. Never expected that I would stop playing ONi a few days ago because of the dlc being out.

16 minutes ago, Sebastiangperez said:

I'm wondering the same thing, there are two different games, for me is a no go for a base system having the old space system, i mean, This system must be in the core. 
Maybe we can have the new space system but not the addition to travel to another plante and landing there , maybe that wil be in the DLC with the Nuclear stuff. 

I am the opposite. I want the old space system in the old asteroid system.

3 hours ago, Sebastiangperez said:

My question is , what will be the DLC ? The space rework or the Nuclear stuff? 

If my logic is right, the Space Out must be in the core system and the Nuclear Stuff will be the DLC , im worndering this because in the first post Klei said that the will be free upgrade. 

They said that the base game will continue to be maintained and that it will get some limited updates. Very likely neither space not nuclear will be in base. And, quite frankly, Klei provides excellent value. Others would have made Space and Nuclear separate updates and asked twice as much for each one. Just find the money to buy the DLC.

All latest content should be the latest base game, the Klei so called dlc`s unlock the ability to build and use additional stuff in the game. The difference to past updates is that its a paid update which adds building unlocks, called dlc - Its just a name. Which is good, its funds further Klei`s development of the game. :p

Of course they could make an exception and leave the current sold vanilla base game untouched forever, but that would isolate it from any additional future content and integration developed for the game.

It would be nice if future updates don`t break save games, but its probably wishful thinking. I hope there will be only one new save game in 2021 and not another safe game breaker in the year 2021 with further updates during next year ( adding radiation and such ). Touch wood ! At least I could then play a colony in 2021 for one year, until that gets broken with a 2022 dlc2...If my colony save does not already get broken again with the radiation game system update during 2021.

I now need to use my time machine to get fast in to 2021, I want to play the full game with full content and the latest save file data.

Archived