i honestly dont get how this occured, maybe unique reaction between the layers of varius types of metals and thermal capacity over thermal conductivity?

image.thumb.png.c065015f4872dc1a7d7d4287b69c16be.png

the copper metal tile suddenly started skyrocketing in temperature, without lowering ambient temperature in the local area, but i do believe it actually MAGNETIZING the global temperature of the entire asteroid at very small amounts, like .000001 per tile

the thermo regulators are literally pumping nothing, havnt even been primed or received gas yet.

the pipes are radiant pipes made of aluminum

temperature is going up 1 f per second on each tile

the ambient red temperature is not local, its being sucked up INTO the copper metal tiles and then dispersing OUT to the nearby air

the thermo regulator units are made of aluminum

the mesh tile is made of aluminum

the heavy watt wire used above and below the sandwich layer are copper

the peltier plates are made of copper

gas density average is 25 grams

--does anyone have a suggestion on how to properly slow or halt this transaction? the effect is probably super usefull if i had thermium, but i havnt even launched yet in this game run

--also could use any insight as to why this is happening. likely its not a bug but a accidental real world effect that science has yet to explain.

By the way, even though as an American I'm used to using F in daily life, switching to C for ONI has made things a lot easier, only in part because everyone else on the forums seems to be using it.  Remembering things like overheat is at 75 C is much easier than trying to remember what the heck that is in F.  I guess it's kind of like how I got used to telling time in 24 hour GMT instead of AM/PM EST when I was playing EvE Online.  The only thing that drove me a little nuts with that was remembering whether EST was -4 or -5 because of daylight savings time.

Also note that C  is an SI unit (a so-called SI-derived unit, which puts it on the same level as, for example, W, J, N), while F is not even a "non-SI unit mentioned in SI". I do understand that the US likes its exceptionalism, but people outside will simply not understand you if you use F. The only place I ever heard of F in school was in the history of science where they discussed the history of temperature measurement. 

On 11/20/2020 at 9:38 AM, geniusthemaster said:

the copper metal tile suddenly started skyrocketing in temperature, without lowering ambient temperature in the local area, but i do believe it actually MAGNETIZING the global temperature of the entire asteroid at very small amounts, like .000001 per tile

There is no magnetic force in ONI. Hence this is either just regular behavior or a bug.

3 hours ago, Gurgel said:

people outside will simply not understand you if you use F

I must say, F could be good if you think of it as "how high [in %] temperature is today?" like: "today is only 10F" means "today is only 10% in the heat scale, pretty cold", "we have 80F today" means "well, it is pretty hot right now".

using it for science is kinda useless IMO, it goes down to "this metal melts in OMG VERY HOT temperature"

On 11/20/2020 at 9:15 PM, Thilo87 said:

I don't understand what your problem with that is. The salt water from the hot geyser falls through the mesh tiles onto the metal tiles - the metal tiles become heated. Looks normal to me.

This. Water from the geyser is at 95C, 203F, metal tiles are slowly catching up, 174F seems right.

22 hours ago, Mastermindx said:

You could replace that by "everybody else in the world is using it." According to wikipedia, beside the US, only Liberia and Cayman Islands still (primarily) use Fahrenheit.

Well, yes, but even on the forums I'm pretty sure there are quite a few fellow Americans here and we've all adapted to using C is what I meant.

22 hours ago, babba said:

I came here believing that its a new cooking receipt...

"hyper induction sandwich" :confused: Anyways, it made me hungry - I`m heading for the fridge.

Yes a fridge an actual price of equipment that even when left unpowered somehow manages to produce heat 

Archived