Pedestals are OP?!

Does emptying not require dupe-interaction anymore? I remember it also being quite slow. With that, this is worse than a bottle-emptier, because you have to get dupes there 2 times instead of just once. I would call that "underpowered". 

19 minutes ago, psusi said:

Because you can use them to do the same thing as a bottle emptier?

Oh, was the subject line being hyperbolic?  It's a neat trick, I just wouldn't call it OP :)

it's fairly tricky to get a large area covered with a thin layer of liquid (<1.8kg) for say offgassing bottled polluted water from deconstructed reservoirs. 

13 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Does emptying not require dupe-interaction anymore? I remember it also being quite slow. With that, this is worse than a bottle-emptier, because you have to get dupes there 2 times instead of just once. I would call that "underpowered". 

I think the time it takes is based on how much needs to be emptied. Not op but has niche uses. 

40 minutes ago, Niko_ said:

I think the time it takes is based on how much needs to be emptied. Not op but has niche uses. 

I just tried with a 31g and a 1300g bottle of water. Both 10 seconds from "dupe arrives" to "water on the ground and dupe leaves".

2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Emptying requires dupe interaction unless you are in debug mode

15 hours ago, psusi said:

Because you can use them to do the same thing as a bottle emptier?

Bottle emptiers get liquids in 200kg packets from pitcher pumps, it's a lot of hassle if you want to place a small amount of liquid somewhere and you don't already have a small bottle lying around somewhere.

Bottle emptiers also need more space, this trick can help if you need to build in a tight place.

I also wouldn't call it overpowered, but it's a pretty handy trick. I consider the title a clickbait :)

Did you know that food never spoils while it's on a pedestal? I was doing the floating pedestal in the great hall trick and since I didn't have artifacts yet I thought I'd be cheeky and filled them with bbq. 100s of cycles later my vole ranch collapses because I was dumb and the pedestal food saved my colony.

11 hours ago, SackMaggie said:

Nice! I thought you were gonna talk about decor bit this is 360 turn!

Decor is nice to talk about :afro:

image.png.74f93fcfd47dd69fe14ab7a8d52cad12.png

Any decor suggestions for my steam-rocket-room-sewage ? :confused: My last new deco was the orange-brown carpets I rolled out...

image.thumb.png.b6650ce7d313ea2a436185563b49874a.pngimage.thumb.png.02ed91e026e9669faab1a0bbfeab3b2c.png

Here its currently very brownish & reddish.

image.thumb.png.c2a4c7c06b7dbfc2e8a59f5bb6b796c3.png

Injuries in my colony are much nicer now, as there is there is lovely new carpet to look at.

image.thumb.png.f8f6f8d48cae99730a9028093887ee46.png

A lot of yellow here...I love my rocket launches so much !

image.thumb.png.d7ed87fc988f89c3746da2707cab7e73.png

Another "Poek vs Dupes Battle"...If I had a nice big yellow reactor with black stripes on it :confused: Then it would be easy to tell where such a reactor would stand in all this. Reactors need to be really big, so that we can see them and that we can cleanup more mess afterwards. Also blown up reactor pipes should be dangling, steamy and grey...like in a good relaxing movie.

image.thumb.png.9a4a7451ae8550de0627310bbc837a2d.png

A decorated neighbourhood, as decor design inspiration for our beloved ONi game and the reactor dlc. Heavy machinery should always be in techno yellow. In shared co-op colony play it would be great if we optionally also can decor camouflage rescue equipment in natogreengreybrown, so that its harder to find for our fellow player ( with good intention, to save colony resources on rescue attempts ).

image.png.538e16ae8dde50bb460a5f10324ccff4.png

What I really miss in ONi and such a scenery...I would love to put up nice orange traffic cones, even if its just decor cones. Its such a lovely orange. Imagine how great it would be to put a cone here and there. Think about it.

image.png.ef5e595c2055abb06eedeac5b1691827.pngimage.png.0e2a8c5e4ec2fee9738ccb8152b20109.png

If the game someday has spreading fires, it would nice to have a good smolder effect on furniture and burnt decor items.

image.png.2b9ac6617c1c6d4850ad6f1beaef2a07.png

In the game I find the mobile phone brick on the pedestal very cute, I always think of "Motorala" when I see it.

image.thumb.png.4695015d88319e7963a696db6d617bfe.png

I find the loveliest decor in the game is the balloon dupe, but its rare to see that happening in my base. A celebration festival with tents, clowns and (physics?)minigames in a colony could give a lot of opportunity for a whole range of new decor items - BTW "Happy Hubie" >>> Amazing decorations, costumes, atmosphere and coloring in the movie !

The Tsherno-Buran-Spaceshuttle-Hall plates, my fav deco in the game.

Archived