New song ideas

To expand on Wigfrid's stage craft, i have some ideas for her songs

• Rallying Recital: Spell, "rallies" all mobs who can be rallied. I.E. bunnymen will kamikaze and pigmen will stop panicking about the dark to return to fighting. This mostly helps with army wigs who raise a massive group of friendly mobs and give them helmets just to heartrend them all.
    • Cost: 1 Man Band.
  • Icey (something): Ability, attacks deal one ice staff per swing. This eventually freezes mobs, which means they won't be able to attack or might stun them from a big attack. Very good against crab king.
    • Cost: Frozen Amulet
  • Hard-headed Howl: Ability, Gain 10% armor for free. This is mostly to help her tank and to give her more reason to tank.
    • Cost: Thulecite crown
  • (warm or cold thing): Ability, Temperature will gradually attempt to reach 35 C. Mostly for Wigfrids that can't be asked to make a campfire while fighting deer or are fighting near dfly lava pools. Niche, but useful if you're caught without heat or cooling and if you have an extra spell slot.
    • Cost: Thermal Stone.

24 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

Icey (something): Ability, attacks deal one ice staff per swing. This eventually freezes mobs, which means they won't be able to attack or might stun them from a big attack. Very good against crab king.

This sounds way too powerful. I imagine a group of 4+ people would be able to cancel attacks of bosses simply by freezing them over and over and over by attacking. Other than that I like the first one.

Just now, Hornete said:

This sounds way too powerful. I imagine a group of 4+ people would be able to cancel attacks of bosses simply by freezing them over and over and over by attacking. Other than that I like the first one.

fair enough. really if it we're up to me I would remove the player buffing except on weaponized warble because warble is just a convenience but this one would definitely get stupid with tons of people who get buffed. My main thoughts we're that the songs are naturally synergistic with the team because wig, as the tank, is naturally synergistic with the team, so the songs don't need to be support like warly's dishes.

2 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

Hard-headed Howl: Ability, Gain 10% armor for free. This is mostly to help her tank and to give her more reason to tank.

• Cost: Thulecite crown

Imagine being able to wear a piece of armor at 90% or higher protection (like thulecite crown or thulecite suit) and not taking any damage at all. It's like armor stacking in Don't Starve when you reach a point where you don't even flinch from the damage. Honestly, it just makes bone armor obsolete and I don't even know about pvp.

It's a cool idea, but since DST doesn't have armor stacking for balancing purposes, I don't know how this would turn out. Of course, I'm just assuming that this adds to your current armor, rather than multiplicatively like in DS.

Otherwise, I think the first one seems like an interesting idea. Freezing is too unbalanced like Hornete said, and although I really like the thermal idea, it seems a bit overpowered to be able to have it as a natural buff, maybe it can be an instant use song such as the rude interlude instead. You could also have it as a thermal insulation kind of thing, where you overheat slower and freeze slower.

as "cool" as new songs could be, it would be a shame to add more. They're all for boss fights. Wigfrid already is able to kill most the bosses in this game without too much trouble.

Especially the armor one. I really don't like the stereotype that if you're wigfrid, you must tank because "wigfrid main? Must not know how to kite aha just brain dead tank."

It's usually better not to get hit by enemies. Applies to wigfrid too. Who knew?

The rally one... isn't bad. I like the idea of wigfrid being a commander. But again, only useful in boss fights. I resent the entire nature of Wigfrid's new power having next to no use outside of them and I'd rather not see more books that contribute to that.

Archived