Idea's for a vampire character

I'm making a vampire character and I could go into detail about what abilities and stats they already have but I would rather just look at some suggestions rather then explain my entire character (Plus that would probably be more suited for the modding catagory)

(yes she will burn in the sun please do not suggest this unless its something specific about it)

HP & sanity drain from being in the sun.

cave focused, bats are neutral to them,

basically wortox' food debuff but instead of souls its blood.

receive more damage from werewolves.

shadow bishop's ability to disappear and reappear in a swarm of bats.

eating garlic insta kills :D.

mosquito sacks work like WX's gear, upgrades stats or something else, or just receives a big chunk of healing and hunger from mosquito sacks 

low hp/ high sanity

some kind of affinity towards magic/ life giving amulet/ own craftables requiring red gems. can read books? 

They are a vampire, they should have a thirst for blood (so they are Wigfrid) except.... unable to eat anything that isn’t Uncooked meat.

They should be able to befriend bats, and bats be passive towards them.

they should gain health & sanity from the creatures blood they suck (You should just play Wigfrid)

BUT... They should also slowly lose health and sanity when NOT having killed and fed in some time. (Hah Wigfrid... your Vampirism stats now have a serious Downside)

Other then that.. They should have Wortox’s Soul Hop ability except temporarily turn into a Bat while doing so, Or Woodies goose form mutation but BatMode.

They should also be able to see in the dark, and not lose sanity or be attacked while IN the dark.. but that also means daytime is what kills them most.

Permanent Summer mechanics here: Where you feel like your always Overheating and need to hide under Shade to keep from spontaneously combusting into fire.

I hope these ideas inspire you to create something epic, K Bye :) 

On 9/25/2020 at 4:28 AM, Charlie Dark said:

Hmm... You could just... make them gain health/hunger when they kill mobs?  To imitate the vampires' blood sucking ability. Or make a specific item drop from every mob using Wortox's souls code and re-texture it to make it look like... BLOOD?

I thought about doing that and I probably will

On 9/25/2020 at 4:58 AM, Ohan said:

HP & sanity drain from being in the sun.

cave focused, bats are neutral to them,

basically wortox' food debuff but instead of souls its blood.

receive more damage from werewolves.

shadow bishop's ability to disappear and reappear in a swarm of bats.

eating garlic insta kills :D.

mosquito sacks work like WX's gear, upgrades stats or something else, or just receives a big chunk of healing and hunger from mosquito sacks 

low hp/ high sanity

some kind of affinity towards magic/ life giving amulet/ own craftables requiring red gems. can read books? 

Spoiler

1. they sandwalk and burst into flames after a few seconds in the sun

2. I didnt think about making the bats neutral to them, good idea

3. I probably will do something similar although I want to make it so food literally does like nothing for them

4. that seems like more of a useless joke but I'll think about it

5. that is her main ability

6. actually she likes garlic "I actually like the way this tastes."

7. thats a really good idea ill keep that in mind

8. I kept sanity at default but she has 75 health and im thinking about pushing it to 45 if I can give her a good enough heal ability

9. probably not

spoiler because wall of text

On 9/25/2020 at 10:55 AM, Superlucas1231 said:

She should hate garlic and anything that has garlic in it

she likes garlic lmao

On 9/25/2020 at 12:36 PM, themightyone said:

This would be a fun character  . I kinda like it. 

I hope so, I am so picky about modded characters I never play them and I only like a few, so I want her to be something I can atleast be proud of making. I will literally kick my own ass giving her dialog of Island Adventures, Uncompromising mode, etc.

My main worry is that im going to overcomplicate her full of useless abilities and gimmicks 

On 9/25/2020 at 7:22 PM, SinancoTheBest said:

Well, as you can see from this old Armor Games game on Vampires, here's are the abilities commonly related with vampires:

Bat Transformation

Telekinesis

Hypnosis

Charm

Invisibility

Super Strength

Night Vision

Resurrection

Levitation

Animal Control

Superspeed

It is interesting how something that cravenly attacked people in their sleep evolved into superman

Well, I know who I'M playing this Hallowed Nights season!  Bring on the Lights Out world!

(and that person would be Charlie.  Because this vampire character doesn't actually exist yet.  : P)

I'd probably go more traditional than "Twilight" (superhero vampires, not the sparkly part.  Well that too) with my vampires, though.  Hate sunlight, see in the dark, can befriend bats and hounds, can't cross running water (? NO SAILING!  And you have to go around rather than use boat bridges), and if you examine garlic as a vampire character, they describe it in frightened, loathing terms, so you have a hair of warning ahead of time NOT TO EAT THIS--_if_ you bother to examine things.  

And their vampirism would be both "can" and "have to", like others have said. They CAN get health and sanity from things they kill.  But they also HAVE to kill, every now and then, and going without that for long enough can start steadily draining both.  Eating garlic would insta-put you into that mode.  You can eat other things such as even veggies as the vampire character and it'll fill your stomach a bit...as long as you're not in desperation mode; then you HAVE to eat raw meat.  Although I think as a monster, perhaps monster meat should not hurt them.

That's my take on it.  It'd be cool if somehow you could incorporate that old "can't come in until invited" thing, but that'd be way too complicated to program and would only make sense with bases that are surrounded by walls anyway.  Heh.

Oh:  Sunlight would negate all their special powers as well as physically hurt them.  So no more befriending hounds or teleporting as a ball of mist if you're roasting!  Unsurprisingly, that kind of thing would tend to break one's concentration.

...Notorious

Archived