My Thoughts on the Wigfrid update and how to improve it.

I don't really like the new update, it was very underwhelming and didn't match what I'd expected. I thought the songs would be longer with funny lyrics to sing to or just hear Wigfrid opera singing. And it's WAY too expensive for such little songs, I think they should improve the songs and making funny joke songs that would match her impressive acting skills.

7 minutes ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

I don't really like the new update, it was very underwhelming and didn't match what I'd expected. I thought the songs would be longer with funny lyrics to sing to or just hear Wigfrid opera singing. And it's WAY too expensive for such little songs, I think they should improve the songs and making funny joke songs that would match her impressive acting skills.

It was underwhelming because Wigfrid really doesn't need much added to her, she was just too simple of a character and needed her own mechanic.

Songs being longer would be cool but you have to remember these are meant to be used in the middle of combat. Klei worked around this by making them not be cancelled from attacks but if the song is too long it's basically telling you to throw your kiting skills out the window because your going to get hit a bunch anyways.

Songs are expensive-ish but they are permanent and after you craft one you can use it for free as long as you hit something. The songs themselves are actually really good imo especially since they buff followers and every team mate with no limit.

the other songs are fine but...

the fireproof song needs a buff like maybe 50% fire resistance + fire base attacks (which could combo well with Willow's and Walter's)

the brain song feels similar to the courage song, like what if it gave a damage multiplier to shadow monsters (the 'glass cutter' song cuz moth wings)

I think the sanity buff and courage buff could just be combined into one script. And the fireproof song needs a significant buff to be useful. The fireproof song could give 100% fire resistance and I dont think that would be broken. Very very few things in the game actually do fire damage. And I think enraged dragonfly still mostly does physical damage.

Apparently the scripts buff your allies, but the only one that helps npc allies is the life stealing script? I haven't tested if it does this, but I think that the courage script should be changed to allow your allies to not fear the epic screams from bosses. Like how Beequeen scream makes bunnymen fearful. That would be a good use of that script.

I'm surprised that none of her previous core mechanics were touched at all, unlike every other rework, but works for me.

5 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

but I think that the courage script should be changed to allow your allies to not fear the epic screams from bosses. Like how Beequeen scream makes bunnymen fearful. That would be a good use of that script.

I really really like this idea!

It had a good potential but totally wasted. I didn't like it bc it's expensive and there is no good reason to use them.Also I have few questions:

Does this songs effect only the others? Bc as I see, it's not affecting the singer. If it's don't effect singer, why would singer use it?

Why the bar getting empty that fast? I don't escape from anywar but it's still getting empty really fast.

Can we sing multiple songs? Bc when I tried another song, the bar get few different colors.

Isn't this update is a bit complex or am I stupid?

Doesn't this update feels like Abigail update?

Do you think the songs fit it? I think it's didn't. That wasn't what I except. I would choose brass instrument for her songs.

21 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Does this songs effect only the others? Bc as I see, it's not affecting the singer. If it's don't effect singer, why would singer use it?

the song does effect Wigfrid (singer) and other player

Why the bar getting empty that fast? I don't escape from anywar but it's still getting empty really fast.

maybe to keep her in combat all the time? but yeah, I think it need to be a little bit slower 

Can we sing multiple songs? Bc when I tried another song, the bar get few different colors.

yes u can, when your inspiration fill up, you can see there is a "bone" that grow bigger when you at a specific point of  inspiration

there are 3 "bone" that allow you to use 3 effect at one 

Isn't this update is a bit complex or am I stupid?

nah, it might be quite complicated for some people

Doesn't this update feels like Abigail update?

actually Wendy update used to be one of the worst rework, it ruins the character and a lot of people on the Fourm complain about it 

after that, Klei deside to "re-rework" Wendy :v

I think the people who are saying "you should be thankful for what you got" are not wigfrid mains. I don't necessarily want this rework to tip her above any "meta" type play. Her very diet leaves something to be desired since for the most part, you need to fight to eat unlike a lot of other characters who don't need to see battle to keep fed and true meta players who squeeze everything they can out of the game just eat honey, but I digress.

I was not expecting Wigfrid to be a "meta pick" after the rework. But idk... As it stands... It's doesn't really add a great deal that fun. 
A raid boss fight will usually last a bit over an in game day. Seasonal bosses last perhaps one quarter of a day. On her own, she hasn't really gained a great deal to be able to kill bosses that much easier than before.

Coupled with the fact that boss fights take up probably... 5 in game days in 70 for the year. Her rework is useful for less than 10% of the time spent playing the game.

Even on a team, she's a budget wortox not including her usual function of making helms. and even then, you get a showoff wx getting thul crowns from the ruins on day 10 anyway. so idk.

To me, she's still the same old wigfrid. I love her to bits, I won't stop maining her and I enjoyed her short. I was a bit saddened by the lore of it, but it made me get to know the character a bit better.

None of my enthusiasm for Wigfrid has stemmed from the refresh, but I suppose it's good she wasn't made worse. 

It just leaves a little bit of hollowness when Wendy does beast damage on a beefalo, kills bee queen quicker than Wolfgang and dispatches dogs quicker and safer than a grown woman can do who is armed to the teeth.

Call it envy, I don't care.

Say what you will about my opinion, but compared to the wendy treatment, I feel short changed, however, Wigfrid is still Wigfrid and I'll play her until steam is sold to amazon/disney 

11 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

for solo isnt that worth btw, you waste the same time dodging the spell

yeah i wish the panic lasted a bit longer and enemies ran away from wigfrid in a somewhat straight line. i tried it too vs Klaus and i think with other people it will be very nice because she can keep the deer panicked 24/7 but solo i kept getting hit by the deer in between casting/kiting klaus because they would run around very unpredictably. 

I think if she has just 1 more ally with her to maintain boss aggro for her she can do a lot of work with the fear song vs BQ and klaus 

-----

29 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Coupled with the fact that boss fights take up probably... 5 in game days in 70 for the year. Her rework is useful for less than 10% of the time spent playing the game.

This is true but i still think its a nice and fitting perk for Wigfrid, to be focused around big dramatic boss fights instead of day-to-day petty combat with less worthy foes. 

Id say about 60-70% or more ppl on the forums before the rework said how they didnt want anything to change with wigfrid and that she doesnt need anything major and she was basically perfect (i agree). I think her songs perfectly fulfilled that. Maybe they need to be tweaked a bit to really make them shine vs the bosses but thats something that can still be arranged. (the fire resist needs change) 

29 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Say what you will about my opinion, but compared to the wendy treatment

oh 100% i dont think anyone will disagree. personally i dont want wendy to be the standard in regards to power level. current wendy is an abomination, how did she go from 0.75% damage modifier to, what even is it now, 1.2 + abi's tick damage? that doesnt fit the character at all IMO. Wendy shouldve never become a single target damage dealer thats meathead wolfgang's role. 

The Inspiration Meter has got to be slowed wayyy down- because I’m looking at it as being about as useless as Woodies Curse durations lasted when he was first refreshed..

You can’t effectively USE any of the New content without pretty much being in battle against something 24/7, it’s mostly useless for day to day play- I find it sad that people wanted Wigfrid to remain mostly unchanged.. As a Wendy Main- I can say with absolute fact that Wendy changed significantly with her update and I’m more then willing to bet you that not ALL Wendy players wanted to spend their time finding lost stuff for Pipspook in exchange for potion ingredients to make Abby perform better.

And if you say Wendy’s refresh was perfect- I’m going to call your opinion biased. And I’m saying that as a Wendy Main, who LOVES everything about her Rework.

But Wigfrid “was“ My secondary Main, and she deserved fresh new content that was not obscured behind these songs..

When I read the line “Wigfrid Gains 3 new Abilities she can use Inspiration to Perform” I was thinking she would gain new actual COMBAT Abilities for a limited time, Like being able to charge forward battle spear first into an Enemy for extra damage, Or to Throw her spear like a projectile to 1 hit kill smaller creatures like Spider, but at the cost of having to go pick it up and recover it.. And the ability to spin/dodge out of the way of attacks.

All of which use the “Inspiration Meter” Instead what we ended up getting was some songs she can sing once in a blue moon that only Increase/Decrease game stats. 

This is the first rework that I actually DON’T like.. like at all- But it’s fine because I was only a SECONDARY Wigfrid player, at least Wendy (In My complete & totally biased opinion) still feels perfect to me. :)

I have to be unbiased in my opinion- Wigfrids songs do require ingredients that have her questing to areas in the game she may have otherwise never stepped into-

(Lunar Moth, Spittlefish etc..) But the songs aren’t really all that worthwhile, AND they don’t get destroyed after so many uses requiring you to quest back to those areas time and time again to get more ingredients for more song notes.

Archived