How to get rid of sea fishing rods?

quick question everyone, the amount of sea fishing rods is getting higher and higher because of sunken chests but i really dont know how to get rid of them. Lureplants won't eat them and i also cannot burn them, i'm on ps4 but i'm posting it here since i think it might be a problem on pc as well. i dont want to waste any deconstruction staffs on them. any other way i didnt think of?

5 minutes ago, Well-met said:

are you sure lureplants dont eat them? they really should

sadly they won't. i tried anything else, they're eating it as usual. i even tried igniting other stuff next to the sea fishing rods, hoping for them to catch fire as well but nope lol

This option is a bit hardcore, but you could leave them inside of the ancient guardian chest and then proceed to reset your ruins. Any items that are left inside the chest will dissapear with it upon the reset! Otherwise krampii might be your only "quick" option if the lureplant really dont work.

1 minute ago, shadowDigga said:

I don't think ancient guardian's chest is able to destroy stuff inside. Regular ornate chests definitely do destroy items inside though.

sometimes i dont pick ice/fire staffs for the ancient chest and it disapears when i reset the ruins. idk if it works with players items

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

sometimes i dont pick ice/fire staffs for the ancient chest and it disapears when i reset the ruins. idk if it works with players items

i'll give it a shot later :)

edit: its like @shadowDigga said, ornate chests do work actually, the guardians large chest will drop them all when turning into a new guardian, meaning you can still find the fishing rods in his arena on the ground.

Quick Question.. but if you leave items sitting in the middle of the Oasis when it dries up... what happens to those items when the Oasis fills up with water??

I have always wanted to see if that would erase stuff I don’t want in my worlds.. but sadly I keep forgetting to test it. :( 

36 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Quick Question.. but if you leave items sitting in the middle of the Oasis when it dries up... what happens to those items when the Oasis fills up with water??

If you try to drop something on dry oasis lake, items will get pushed to edges. I believe same applies to frozen ponds.

12 hours ago, BeeClops said:

make a trashcan boat, once u filled it with enough **** send it to the abyss

what exactly do you mean by this? last time i sent a boat to the edge of the map, i later found it destroyed with the ingredients floating on the water ^^ wouldn't the same apply to other stuff on the boat?

13 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

wrap em up in a bundle wrap and drop em in the ocean
or just feed it to a lure plant

it was stated multiple times that lure plants don't eat them, also i dont know how to drop items into the water at all tbh.

I was really hoping leaving items in the dry oasis would delete them from the server once the oasis filled with water.

Look.. I get it- The reason we don’t have something cool like a placeable “Sick” Wormhole that leads to nowhere and only accepts items you no longer want.. is because it’s a one way ticket to having jerks grief players and take all their stuff to Deletion Land..

BUT, I wish there was a way to clean my worlds of items that I don’t want in it, or to at the very least be able to repair those 3% Battle Helms and Spears I leave laying around..

Either give me the option to destroy them, or fix them- But to continue carrying them around.... wastes more inventory slots then I’m willing to have wasted.

Also the Lureplant method.... doesn’t killing the lureplant just give you back all the items it ate?? 

So there’s no way to legit get rid of items that won’t burn.

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Also the Lureplant method.... doesn’t killing the lureplant just give you back all the items it ate?? 

yes and no.

A lureplant will diggest (delete) an item it managed to store every 20 second. So for exemple, if you feed it 3 battle helm, after 1 min, all of the items in the lureplants won't exist anymore. If it still had objects in it when you kill it, it will indeed drop the loot. Having a lureplant at the corner of your map near your base is one of the best trash bin you can have.

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I was really hoping leaving items in the dry oasis would delete them from the server once the oasis filled with water.

if you try to put a item in the lake it will be pushed outside, i was curious when you asked it so i tried several times

BUT, I wish there was a way to clean my worlds of items that I don’t want in it, or to at the very least be able to repair those 3% Battle Helms and Spears I leave laying around..

lureplant are the trashcan for the game, them will eat little mobs and items (non indestructibles items) and, if you dont kill the bulb quick, it will start digesting the items deleting them forever

12 hours ago, Se7en156 said:

also i dont know how to drop items into the water at all tbh

Hold it with your mouse or whatever it's called, then click at the edge of the water, it will let you drop it onto the water

Bundle wraps will always sink no matter what is inside then, so you can use those as a semi-expensive garbage disposal

Archived