Is don't starve actually just Isekai?

Nope.  The "real world" of Don't Starve is already not really our world.  Magic happens there. Whatever your feelings on that, Maxwell's spells _actually working_ is kind of a giveaway that this is some kind of slightly-alternate reality.

I know TECHNICALLY you just said "transported to another world" but really in practice isekai is about "person from OUR, recogniseable, modern-day world*, gets transported to some other world, usually fantasy based".

Don't Starve gets around that by its _starting_ world already being a bit weird.

...Notorious

*"Modern-day" _as of the time it was written_, of course.

I have no idea what that is- but I did watch And love the TV show Code Lyoko, which I guess is sort of why I enjoy DS so much- Real world people being taken into an alternate universe and stuff.

Man I miss that show.. I wish they would’ve given it a proper ending like it deserved, but can’t cry about it now I guess.

Anyways unlike that show, I do not foresee the survivors of DST coming and going as they please in and out of the Constant.. unless they are Wortox.. who literally says he can do just exactly that.

(i would totally read a Don't Starve manga if it was made by the same people who make the animated shorts) I'll see your Code Lyoko and raise you:  Inuyasha.  Kagome TOTALLY comes and goes how she pleases between the worlds/time periods (?) and still goes to school, brings back cheap fast food for Inu which he gets addicted to, etc...

THAT'S an example of Isekai.  Don't Starve...?  Don't Starve is more like...anybody here ever seen/heard about the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon?  That, but think more DARKEST Dungeon.  The kids get sucked into a scary magical world from 1983 America _and stay there_.  And, along the way, most of them get some kind of weird ability or item that fits/brings out a trait they already had.*  (Okay in the cartoon Dungeon Master does it on purpose, whereas the Constant appears to just be...The Constant. Still.)  If I had to think of cartoons about other worlds to compare DS/T to, that's one that comes to mind.

...Notorious

*I'm making this cartoon sound a LOT less insanely cheesy and clunky than it actually was, if you look it up on YouTube or whatever.  Still, one of the most just straight-up proper fantasy Saturday Morning Cartoons I can think of.

Archived