History of Travels

Just a thread to share what you die the most to  :p.

There's also room for asking for assitance in how to tackle objectives and such. Story times are always welcomed.

I'll start with mine!

obituary.png.4fd4956a054c803f37cb628466d5be46.png

I used to base underground a lot! So yeah, Depth Worms killed me quite a bit. Now i took a break from cave bases so my death ratio from worms went a lil bit down. I honestly don't know how i died to moslings so many times. (probably bad at dodging lol)

Post yours! Since this is dynamic, killing sources may vary so feel free to post any advance you've made (for starters, ill try to eliminate moslings from this list)

Comeoneandall1and2.png.889bb956d9fb105e4d0589c7fe0f904e.png

(Look I forgot my thermal ok?)

And I'll include the one that isn't listed and has a story tied to it.

Comeoneandall.thumb.png.0bc1c6b9e5313d77bf259730eba8f139.png

Yea this one's an oddball. Long story short; We found the ruins and we decided to take a peek, except there was almost nothing there but ancient turf. No Clockworks, no splumonkies, no statues. Not even a Pseudoscience Station or AG. We got creeped out and went and kicked the bucket because we weren't living in a world without a proper ruins.

Anyone else had this kinda thing before? I'm curious.

image.png.4708bb2f79875574666c1ab64b0f5ca5.png

Ever since the "Amazing Ringmaster Hat" skin came out, I haven't stopped going to the caves with the Tail o' Three Cats to fight the Depth Worms.
I really felt like I was in some kind of circus ... the only bad thing is that I forgot to equip on another Tail o' Three Cats

20200910223755_1.thumb.jpg.a96a20ca8613f910aee4d6763c64dfe1.jpg

Will happen, happening, happened...

oftenkilledby2.png.651fefe727b90f9929a566c9af73803e.png

...apparently I don't do well getting caught away from home on hound-wave nights.  Also I betcha at least half that "Freezing" statistic is SPRING freezing, from being soaked and then walking around in the dusk.  Betcha anything.  'Cos that happens to me a _lot_.

Nothing as drastic as empty ruins, but I did once have a world without a Glommer.  However, rather than choosing to kark it right then and there to reroll a proper world, I instead "chose" to:

--Get hit by lightning FOUR TIMES in one night
--Run past _three_ Mosling nests in the dark...
--Do the same thing by accident with multiple spider nests and wake _them_ up...
--All while it was raining and everything was so waterlogged all my stuff was slippery...
--Then, of course, HOUNDS!  Why _wouldn't_ they show up then?
--And THEN the frogs started falling.  And it was _still_ pitch black for like 30 more seconds.

Now, which one of these factors took me out, in the end?

Freezing.  XD

...sometimes Don't Starve kicks you SO hard in the teeth all at once, all you can do is laugh at the ridiculousness.

...Notorious

4 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

[...]

...apparently I don't do well getting caught away from home on hound-wave nights.  Also I betcha at least half that "Freezing" statistic is SPRING freezing, from being soaked and then walking around in the dusk.  Betcha anything.  'Cos that happens to me a _lot_.

[...]

Previously, when you said you were "paranoid about getting caught by hound waves", you were "pretty damn sure the \"freezing\" being (tied for) the top spot is because of DOUBLE deaths in winter [...], like when you respawn at a touchstone with nothing burnable nearby and no warm clothing".

Spoiler

Source:

Your often killed by hasn't changed since then.

Archived