Incorporating Year of the Carrat races to the game and making Carrats renewable.

Now that we're approaching to the last quarter of the year and to another trilogy of events, I'd like to suggest integrating last year's carrat minigame into regular gameplay. From all three event I love the Chinese New Year the most as it puts a certain mob under spotlight and builds an update centered around them. However, the developpers had voiced their desire to make these more "permanent additions", which they did with the Year of the Pig King event last year around this time. From all 4 chinese new year events, this was done with the Year of the Pig king event where almost a year after the event, the minigame in the said event was incorporated into the game by giving pigs a rare chance to spawn with belts and when a belted pig is slayed or well fed, it'd drop the belt, allowing the players to initiate the pig king minigame at will. I love the said addition and I'd really want a similar treatment done to Year of the Carrat Minigame.

There are a few options to make this possible. Carrat event was more intricate than the pig king one, having 8 whole structures associated with it: Start line, Finish Line, Checkpoint, Stat meter, Speed Training, Acceleration Training, Movement training and Stamina Training. Still, I imagine these structures can be made available in the structures tab through blueprints found with sea treasure hunting. Alternatively their "building kits" might be treasures to be found through sea treasure hunting aswell. One last alternative involves bringing the carrat shrine or its bluepring from the sunken treasures, which would include all the structures and help not clutter the structures tab further. In any case, once these structures are made available by the players, they can make carrats race, either through capturing a carrat from lunar island or having a carrat recipe in the critter den, with a recipe involving carrots and moon shards (or anything lunar specific). The minigame would award gold or other minerals like nitre and salt through daily races, with limits put to the abundance of gifts so that they wouldn't be too spammable. In any case, this would also serve to make carrats a renewable animal, it pains me that without the event, we are limited to all carrats in the lunar island and with their death they go extinct. I'd like it if carrats of the lunar island were added to the regrowth mechanics too like regular carrots.

Lastly, as with the first YotPK event and the update that added the minigame, I'd love to have new skins in the contender collection, it's one of my favorite collections and it'd be great to have three new characters and items alongside them get some competition themed skins.

Introducing the next NPC Lunar Luna- She is a relative of Pearls.. and she lives on her own island with 3 pre-built Carrat race tracks Where you and your friends can race against Luna’s Carrats for special rewards.

Luna will sale the player Carrats in exchange for Shell Bells from Pearl.

Year of The Carrat shall reign Eternal.

I didn't think of that before (sometimes miss my world with the carrat race track, sure) but it's actually a great idea. If it were implemented in normal game I'd always be happy to use it in my world. Materials such as nitre for a reward sound good too- gold is easy to acquire, but having a way to get fuel for generator without constantll digging would be really nice. 

Carrat races are something else to do in a world. Especially for new players, which this game's demographic is made primarily of. People in excitement of the carrat races made entire courses for the rats to race in which span across biomes. 

Adds some direction to building and from the races themselves, some little side games and side bets between people can take place. Instead of doing /roll for that deerclops eye, you can race your carrats for the right to it. 

Not the worst thing to have, especially on public worlds or private ongoing games.

Archived