On Kradeshi anatomy

Not to mention the the 1st one isn't an average kar'deshi either. Most of the slug people have eyestalks that reach out of their heads (see Oolo wearing rings on one of hers).

This Spree basically has her eyes just growing out of the sides of her head.

The non-existent eyestalks could at least be excused as some kinda mutation, similar to attached/detached earlobes in humans. The lack of eyeballs is a bit more concerning. The piercing going through what appears to be the skull is another issue.

4 minutes ago, ZeppMan217 said:

The lack of eyeballs is a bit more concerning.

such a thing as "grafts" are not just a mechanic but in-universe cyborg technology. Perhaps Kra'deshi are trying to look more bi-viewer to avoid their privileged race? Especially since Kra'deshi have special regenerative powers?

Well , in the feedback we have kra'deshi faces , and the eyes seems pretty flexible .

image.thumb.png.0550332360bdbd8920c926eb59ba2bd2.png

So i believe they can bend close to their mouse and then wear a mask , or retrun their eyes into the head like a real snail . For the horns well ... Maybe the love between a kra'deshi and a shroke made some strange breed (like we do with tiger and lion) , and only the spree don't care about this so they are all spree ?

I'm still not a kra'deshi doc .

1 minute ago, Steamerclaw said:

I've always thought it was a kra'deshi . My all dumb theorie is ruined !

On 8/2/2020 at 10:48 PM, TaschDraws said:

I love speculating on this stuff lmao - even though I'm sure it's Not That Deep™ in-game this was how I looked at it:

• Maybe back when the equivalent of slugs & snails began evolving, the "slugs" advanced into sentient beings as kra'deshi, while the "snails" grew into oshno as large grazing creatures which were later domesticated.
  • I'd bet it's a similar connection between kra'deshi and oshnu as the one between like humans and gorillas. Obviously we can see the clear difference there - but to an outside, alien observer, we'd probably be REAL similar lmao
    "wtf is the difference, this one's just bigger while that one talks and wears clothes"

3 minutes ago, Steamerclaw said:

So i believe they can bend close to their mouse and then wear a mask , or retrun their eyes into the head like a real snail

image.thumb.png.fa7513429b029a8f651a93c1

I don't see where they could put em away tbh.

And as far as eye replacements go

1.png.2b4e99ed3c11ca22c547e3a61d79f8a6.png

Reminder that this game is a work in progress. Ideally these little inconsistencies will be ironed out before full release.

The masked Spree are generated NPCs and shouldn't count in any serious assessment. Again, maybe a few varied heads could be made so that not every generic bandit is a shroke.

Luminari are cookie-cutter as well. The only way you can tell them apart is the colour of their forearms. Having varied masks to swap out may be in the pipeline somewhere. 

11 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Luminari are cookie-cutter as well. The only way you can tell them apart is the colour of their forearms. Having varied masks to swap out may be in the pipeline somewhere. 

I've seen Kradeshi Luminari generated with uncovered regular heads. So I figured these masked ones must be really special.

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

That's a Oshnu. a snail beast of burden.

Have the devs confirmed that? Oshnus don't have flat faces, as far as I recall, and most are blue, rather than green (though I haven't seen any new content in Smith's campaign).

22 minutes ago, pacovf said:

Have the devs confirmed that? Oshnus don't have flat faces, as far as I recall, and most are blue, rather than green (though I haven't seen any new content in Smith's campaign).

I'm 90% certain that's an Oshnu because these look like Jesse drawings and he tends to draw them in this vein. 

I mean as far as the eye stalks go, snails/slugs can sort of retract them into their skulls so it's not the most far fetched idea that they could be shoving them down under a mask - but even then I don't think they would be able to (a.) reach the front/center of the face where any of the other races' eyes would sit/see out the mask or (b.) feel very comfortable lmao
So I'm gonna be real I think this might just be a case of a mistakenly labeled NPC's lol -- but don't get me wrong I love wild and elaborate Griftlands theories so carry on o/

Archived