Question about Life Giving Amulet

I'm a bit new to the magic tab in DST. If I drop a Life Giving Amulet on the ground in my base then die away from my base, can I move my ghost back to my base and use that amulet to resurrect myself? Basically I'm just wondering if it has to be in my inventory at the time of my death to be used.

They don't work the same way than the stand-alone Don't Starve when you had to wear the amulet, on DST, you can just keep it in your inventory (avoid containers like backpack) so you can resurrect where you died when you haunt it. Wearing the amulet is only "useful" to restore some heal over time and consume your hunger

24 minutes ago, ADM said:

They don't work the same way than the stand-alone Don't Starve when you had to wear the amulet, on DST, you can just keep it in your inventory (avoid containers like backpack) so you can resurrect where you died when you haunt it. Wearing the amulet is only "useful" to restore some heal over time and consume your hunger

...how is it i never know any of thise stuff despite reading over the wiki every other day x______x i thought you had to wear it and have eaten through the only amulet i wasn't given by some rando on a pub server

Just now, gaymime said:

...how is it i never know any of thise stuff despite reading over the wiki every other day x______x i thought you had to wear it and have eaten through the only amulet i wasn't given by some rando on a pub server

The wiki lists information specific to Don't Starve first, and has a specific section for DST if the item/structure/mob/thing in question is different in DST in any way.
image.png.2efcecb78b917babdc38b22226f2e552.png
Here's an example.

1 hour ago, ADM said:

Wearing the amulet is only "useful" to restore some heal over time and consume your hunger

I've always wondered why it doesn't work like that as well, it's not like it conflicts with the current usage of it.

Like, if you know you are about to die (or there's a high chance of that happening) just equip the amulet, and save yourself of the extra clicking of haunting away your stuff, to find the amulet among your things. Dying with an amulet equipped could even prevent you from dropping stuff, as you will revive immediately.
The current way to use it on DST (haunting when already dead) would remain the same, and be unaffected.

2 hours ago, Hornete said:

The wiki lists information specific to Don't Starve first, and has a specific section for DST if the item/structure/mob/thing in question is different in DST in any way.
image.png.2efcecb78b917babdc38b22226f2e552.png
Here's an example.

Yup, the wiki is very Single player DS skewed, popularity and abundance of content in DST is what's keeping such information afloat ^^

Archived