Juicy Berry Exclusive Dishes

Would you like if Juicy Berry dishes were added into the game?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Want Juicy Berry dishes?

• Yes
    • No

no. you aren't garunteed worlds with juicy berry bushes and it would be rubbish to have to reroll a world if you didn't get one(possibly after you've already made your first base and are settling) or if the pub you go into doesn't have them and the recipe in question is important to you

While I think that dishes that require Juicy Berries would be too hard, I do think that we could use some more dishes that require berries/fruits. Berries are good for trail mix and waffles, and I guess fist full of jam, but not much else, and fruits are basically useless, they end up ruining the dish more often than not.

45 minutes ago, SnowdropPax said:

Berries are good for trail mix and waffles, and I guess fist full of jam, but not much else, and fruits are basically useless, they end up ruining the dish more often than not.

I use them as general fillers. EG:

• Perogies can be made with 1 meat, one egg, one vegetable, 1 berry. You save on meat, eggs or vegetables with a much cheaper food item.
  • Meatballs: Any meat, and 3 berries. Great last resource food when not much else is available.
  • Honey ham can be made with one meat, one monster meat, one honey, one berry. You save on honey.
  • Honey Nuggets: Any meat, 1 honey, 2 berries.

I think berries are the general trash tier food item you can always count on to save on other more valuable, or harder to obtain, ingredients.

No, Juicy berries are just alternatives to berries that are not guaranteed every world, just like grass geckos and twiggy trees. They should not behave any different than regular berries in recipes & stuff. (The fact that you can't craft bush hats from their bush is already problem imo.)

Now this can be solved if they change their generation mechanics, such as always guaranteing mix of normal and juicy berries in words or adding a mechanic where like grass tufts turn into geckos normal bushes can be turned with something like a potion from Crabby Hermit.

But still, berries get their deserved love through trail mix, waffle, fisful pof jam, special bait mechanics etc. What deserves love is some farmables like pomegranades who have no dishes or traits. Melons have a variety of uses and durians are Wurt's favorite, why do pomegrenades have nothing to go for such a great looking fruit. C'mon klei, Pomegrenade + Cooked Birchnut + Honey=> Noah's Pudding when?1331373675_noahspudding.jpg.758b47883b6ebadc50fb2b8d61999211.jpg

To be honest I would like all the available foods to be introduced. The Gorge got more than 60 new food sprites which only need recipes to be added. All the meals which need berries are: Scone, Trifle, Cheese cake, Jelly sandwich, Pudding, Berry Tart and Jelly Roll. And also the other recipes already in the regular game. Choose any of those to be Juicy Berry exclusive and I'd be more than happy.

2 hours ago, gaymime said:

no. you aren't garunteed worlds with juicy berry bushes and it would be rubbish to have to reroll a world if you didn't get one(possibly after you've already made your first base and are settling) or if the pub you go into doesn't have them and the recipe in question is important to you

That isn't exactly true, even though I love choosing classic environment for my worlds I still see some Juicy Berry Bushes growing after some time. The caves is also another location for you to find those bushes. If it's a rare thing, some recipes with it would be more of a luxury food item than something you eat daily, just like butter or electric milk for ice-cream.

5 minutes ago, Kuro_kira said:

To be honest I would like If it's a rare thing, some recipes with it would be more of a luxury food item than something you eat daily, just like butter or electric milk for ice-cream.

But in the worlds that spawn with Juicy berry bushes as the main berry bushes, juicy berries are literally the most common food source. Unless they remove this feature and make them a guaranteed rare encounter, giving them a rare recipe is madness. It's like asking a 50 HP healing recipe for putting 4 twigs into pot.

2 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

But in the worlds that spawn with Juicy berry bushes as the main berry bushes, juicy berries are literally the most common food source. Unless they remove this feature and make them a guaranteed rare encounter, giving them a rare recipe is madness. It's like asking a 50 HP healing recipe for putting 4 twigs into pot.

Woah, how could you twist my words and change whatever I typed to fit your counter argument. If you paid attention to whatever I said you'd see you just copy pasted my comment into your own, pitiful.

26 minutes ago, Kuro_kira said:

Woah, how could you twist my words and change whatever I typed to fit your counter argument. If you paid attention to whatever I said you'd see you just copy pasted my comment into your own, pitiful.

Wow, someone's touchy, relax :wilson_vforvictory: I'm just saying that I oppose giving a "luxury food" recipe to juicy berries, something in line with butter, electric milk or volt goat horn recipes. If you didn't mean that, what did you mean; do elaborate please. I failed to get a different interpretation from what you wrote even on a second read.

56 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I use them as general fillers. EG:

• Perogies can be made with 1 meat, one egg, one vegetable, 1 berry. You save on meat, eggs or vegetables with a much cheaper food item.
  • Meatballs: Any meat, and 3 berries. Great last resource food when not much else is available.
  • Honey ham can be made with one meat, one monster meat, one honey, one berry. You save on honey.
  • Honey Nuggets: Any meat, 1 honey, 2 berries.

I think berries are the general trash tier food item you can always count on to save on other more valuable, or harder to obtain, ingredients.

Fair point. Berries are dirt cheap, and I use them to make meatballs all the time, not to mention Dragonpie can be made with 1 dragon fruit and 3 berries, but it's still such a pain when I forget berries can't be used in certain dishes, like stuffed eggplant, and end up getting ratatouille (the most worthless crockpot dish) instead.

11 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Wow, someone's touchy, relax :wilson_vforvictory: I'm just saying that I oppose giving a "luxury food" recipe to juicy berries, something in line with butter, electric meat or volt goat horn recipes. If you didn't mean that, what did you mean; do elaborate please. I failed to get a different interpretation from what you wrote even on a second read.

Sorry to interrupt, but what? Electric Meat? Volt Goat Horn Recipes? I didn't even know that was a thing in DST

54 minutes ago, Kuro_kira said:

To be honest I would like all the available foods to be introduced. The Gorge got more than 60 new food sprites which only need recipes to be added. All the meals which need berries are: Scone, Trifle, Cheese cake, Jelly sandwich, Pudding, Berry Tart and Jelly Roll. And also the other recipes already in the regular game. Choose any of those to be Juicy Berry exclusive and I'd be more than happy.

That isn't exactly true, even though I love choosing classic environment for my worlds I still see some Juicy Berry Bushes growing after some time. The caves is also another location for you to find those bushes. If it's a rare thing, some recipes with it would be more of a luxury food item than something you eat daily, just like butter or electric milk for ice-cream.

may grow eventually is not the same as will grow and some pubs don't do world regen. i will walk back my statement in that it is absolute but it still is ridiculous that you might have to wait two or three or eight in-game years to get a single bush to spawn if no bushes spawn at world gen

10 minutes ago, SnowdropPax said:

Sorry to interrupt, but what? Electric Meat? Volt Goat Horn Recipes? I didn't even know that was a thing in DST

Ah apologies, there is no such thing as Volt Goat meat, I tried to write volt goat milk, which you can make 50 sanity restoring ice cream with. However, Volt goat horn recipe is a recent addition through Warly update and was in reference to Volt Goat Chaud-froid, which temporary grants electrical damage modifier to all strikes to whoever eats it. Volt_Goat_Chaud-Froid.png.27dc23bd9a5fe85f790f3756edb9a4d3.png

Only Warly can cook it, in his special crock pot. Its among his grim dishes like his recipes with nigtmare fuel and bone shards

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Ah apologies, there is no such thing as Volt Goat meat, I tried to write volt goat milk, which you can make 50 sanity restoring ice cream with. However, Volt goat horn recipe is a recent addition through Warly update and was in reference to Volt Goat Chaud-froid, which temporary grants electrical damage modifier to all strikes to whoever eats it. Volt_Goat_Chaud-Froid.png.27dc23bd9a5fe85f790f3756edb9a4d3.png

Only Warly can cook it, in his special crock pot. Its among his grim dishes like his recipes with nigtmare fuel and bone shards

Ah! I don't play as/with Warly so I am clueless on most of his dishes lol, thanks for the explanation 

I think they definitely could add 1 crockpot dish involving juicy berries to make up for the very quick spoilage time they have but I wouldn't make the dish so special that people would feel like they NEED a juicy berry bush world.

10 hours ago, sudoku said:

I think they definitely could add 1 crockpot dish involving juicy berries to make up for the very quick spoilage time they have but I wouldn't make the dish so special that people would feel like they NEED a juicy berry bush world.

Isn’t fist full of jam good for that? You do lose out on a lot of hunger, but you bump up the spoilage time from 2 (or 1 cooked) days to 15, which is a pretty solid trade.

Archived