Dont Starve together shipwrecked?

12 minutes ago, JohnnySr said:

Why doesnt Klei add the skipwrecked world and maybe even the hamlet world into DST, it would make it really intresting imo 

Because DS and DST are meant to be different games with different content.

The devs on multiple occasions have said they do not plan to add SW and HAM content into DST if I remember correctly. As Hornete had said, they are different games and should be treated as such. Honestly, I just happy that they aren't just recycling SW content but instead making completely new stuff while only adding minimal things like crockpot dishes.

Yeah what these guys said ^^^ Klei isn't planning on recycling content over to DST anytime soon. They're separate projects.

However, there's a few good mods on the workshop that do a good job at porting over a handful of SW and Hamlet content, such as the clothes, mechanics, foods, characters, etc.

I've put together a small list for if you're interested:

Spoiler

Mobbstar's Island Adventureshttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1467214795&searchtext=island+adventures
(A large mod project that strives to port EVERYTHING from SW over to DST for a 1-to-1 experience of the original DLC. It's WIP and progress is currently halted due to the RoT updates, so expect some bugs. But when all of RoT is released, expect development to resume. I'd say it's a worthy mod to track the development of!)

Goat Slice's Shipwrecked Charactershttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697356989&searchtext=shipwrecked
(A mod that ports over all the characters from SW, and tweaks them to be fun and playable in a DST setting! This mod is super well polished and I cannot recommend it enough.)

Hornet's Hamlet Charactershttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1836974133&searchtext=hamlet
(A mod that ports over all the characters from Hamlet, including Wagstaff, and the unimplemented Warbucks! This mod shares the same amount of polish as the SW Characters mod, and is super fun to play with friends.)

Blanc's Witching Hourhttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1986923829&searchtext=witching
(This mod has a healthy mix of Hamlet mobs and items, and completely custom content that comes together to make an amazingly fitting addition to the standard DST world.)

Kynoox's Clothes Packhttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2174681153
(This mod implements nearly all of the clothing items from both the SW and Hamlet DLC, and reworks them to suit a DST environment. Super fun to play with if you wanna add more variety to the current DST formula.)

Kynoox's Foods Packhttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2140654891
(This mod implements all of the food not only from SW and Hamlet, but also includes Gorge dishes and unimplemented crock pot dishes! Warly players, eat your hearts out. And the Steamed Hams, they're getting cold.)

And that's only a few off I could think of off the top of my head. Hope I was able to help!

5 hours ago, Hornete said:

Because DS and DST are meant to be different games with different content.

Except they’re really not..?

DST is labeled as a Stand Alone expansion to DS. Therefore- It could and should be compatible with SOME SW and Hamlet themed content.

In fact- Klei is even adding Shipwrecked content to DST as we speak with these Return of Them updates, so there’s that..

(Wobster & Wobster Dens come from SW)

Theres also the fact that Outside of Shipwrecked, the Adventures Mode Chapter The Game is Afoot spawns Palm Tree’s and Palm Tree Guardians.

And no that content does not clash with the atmosphere of DST.. because DST is from the same atmosphere as DS single player.

Now there ARE some noticeable differences- Such as the Palm Trees Dont Sway in the Wind like they do in SW, and they are placed on Grassy Turf instead of a Sandy Beach.. But Palm Tree, Palm Tree Guardian, Palm Leaf and those annoying head conking coconuts!!!  Do very much exist outside of the DLC add on.

Not only that.. but they look absolutely beautiful covered in Snow or in deep rain. <3

Now the REAL question is how much of that content can they realistically add to DST?

96852C01-E6E3-4948-9417-2BCF786303B2.thumb.jpeg.59cd8e6c8699a5243ff656122571cb46.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Klei is even adding Shipwrecked content to DST as we speak with these Return of Them updates, so there’s that..

Ah yes, adding popular fish recipes and the equivalent to a crab into DST is obvious that they are attempting the merge the two. There isn't really all that much from Shipwreck into DST. With the exceptions of Wobsters and fish dishes, there is practically no content from Shipwreck in DST. There is still none of the constantly asked content in DST like Coffee, Swordfish (and proceeding Cutlass), Quacken, Characters, Coffee, Ice Makers, Lottery Slots, and Coffee are still not in the game despite people demanding and making mods to add them. Yes you are right, but in the smallest way possible. Adding Surf n Turf and Seafood Gumbo was not intrusive to the game as it doesn't conflict with the normality of the game as they actually fit, however things like palm trees and volcano don't fit because they are not a natural apart of the "Lonely Forest" environment. Yes, with the sea being added, there could be a verity of new original islands, but the bottom line still stands that tropical things don't belong in a non-tropical environment and thus a large majority of the content in Shipwreck wouldn't fit in DST.

Theres also the fact that Outside of Shipwrecked, the Adventures Mode Chapter The Game is Afoot spawns Palm Tree’s and Palm Tree Guardians.

That's a glitch because the game runs on spaghetti code. It's still fun to play, but it still runs on spaghetti code. There is so many glitches (like using the telportato in RoG a or Hamlet still resetting the volcano in Shipwreck) that have yet to be patched out and unused content that is in the game that it is a little baffling.

And no that content does not clash with the atmosphere of DST.. because DST is from the same atmosphere as DS single player.

Yup, RoG is the exact same as  DST, not Shipwreck. I might be wrong but I read somewhere that Shipwreck was meant to be a entirely separate game from RoG, and thus weren't suppose to be mixed at all.

But Palm Tree, Palm Tree Guardian, Palm Leaf and those annoying head conking coconuts!!!  Do very much exist outside of the DLC add on.

Nobody was saying that they didn't, but we are saying that it doesn't fit the natural world of DST. It's like putting a lobster in the middle of the desert, it could be there and might survive being there, but there would be no reason for it to be there then to appease or "just because". 

Now the REAL question is how much of that content can they realistically add to DST?

All of it, but they still wouldn't since fit and would devalue single player.

I’m not buying the whole glitch thing, sorry just can’t, If it’s a glitch it’s a fun one that should never be patched out that’s still 100% perfectly playable, more importantly if it was a Game Breaking glitch like the Xbox One exclusive Winters Feast Dreaded Xbox console tragic torch skin crash.. it would have been fixed by now, but it hasn’t. And they even updated Solo DS just the other day for Beefalo taming and Craftable fences, released Hamlet, and a patch- Yet still the Palm Tree Biomes are there.

-shrugs- I like them.. I don’t know why everyone’s hating on a few Palm Trees.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Except they’re really not..?

DST is labeled as a Stand Alone expansion to DS. Therefore- It could and should be compatible with SOME SW and Hamlet themed content.

In fact- Klei is even adding Shipwrecked content to DST as we speak with these Return of Them updates, so there’s that..

This is your main point people disagree with, not the palm tree glitch.

DST is not an expansion to DS, it's a continuation of the first game's story. I'd like to see your source on that.

My next point is that Klei said in the past that they do not want to split the community by adding paid DLC to Together. A few crock pot dishes is nothing. If they just straight up add the entire DLC for free into DST, then what would be the point of ever buying the single player game and DLC? It just doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. Just because they could doesn't mean they should.
That's why Klei's adding in completely new content and borrowing VERY minimally from its prior DLC. I wouldn't call that them merging SW into DST.

Honestly, I wanna see new and exciting stuff added to DST, and not the old DLCs that I've seen a thousand times before. I would rather Klei works on new stuff, instead of spending time making the DLCs compatible with DST

6 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

Ah yes, adding popular fish recipes and the equivalent to a crab into DST is obvious that they are attempting the merge the two. There isn't really all that much from Shipwreck into DST. With the exceptions of Wobsters and fish dishes, there is practically no content from Shipwreck in DST. There is still none of the constantly asked content in DST like Coffee, Swordfish (and proceeding Cutlass), Quacken, Characters, Coffee, Ice Makers, Lottery Slots, and Coffee are still not in the game despite people demanding and making mods to add them. Yes you are right, but in the smallest way possible. Adding Surf n Turf and Seafood Gumbo was not intrusive to the game as it doesn't conflict with the normality of the game as they actually fit, however things like palm trees and volcano don't fit because they are not a natural apart of the "Lonely Forest" environment. Yes, with the sea being added, there could be a verity of new original islands, but the bottom line still stands that tropical things don't belong in a non-tropical environment and thus a large majority of the content in Shipwreck wouldn't fit in DST.

That's a glitch because the game runs on spaghetti code. It's still fun to play, but it still runs on spaghetti code. There is so many glitches (like using the telportato in RoG a or Hamlet still resetting the volcano in Shipwreck) that have yet to be patched out and unused content that is in the game that it is a little baffling.

Yup, RoG is the exact same as  DST, not Shipwreck. I might be wrong but I read somewhere that Shipwreck was meant to be a entirely separate game from RoG, and thus weren't suppose to be mixed at all.

Nobody was saying that they didn't, but we are saying that it doesn't fit the natural world of DST. It's like putting a lobster in the middle of the desert, it could be there and might survive being there, but there would be no reason for it to be there then to appease or "just because". 

All of it, but they still wouldn't since fit and would devalue single player.

I hope they never add coffee...

Just because you like the Adventure Mode temperate biome palm trees and there have been other bug fixes since they appeared doesn't mean they're not a glitch. If giving players access to coconuts was intentional, as it is in Hamlet where you can buy them at the grocery store, then why doesn't it unlock any coconut-based crafting recipes like the ones available there? Or allow you to craft machetes so you can split and eat the coconut? The Coconade, at least, has the potential to be useful in Adventure Mode and uses no other SW-exclusive ingredients. Instead, the misplaced palm trees are functionally near-identical to evergreens, albeit slightly more dangerous.

The programmers on the Don't Starve team don't have infinite time and attention, so they have to prioritise fixing the worst bugs first (and once they discover a bug they have to figure out why it's happening, which also takes time and attention, before they can fix it), and it can take quite a long time to get around to harmless bugs that don't crash your game or corrupt your save or even really mess with the balance. That doesn't mean the developers want them to be there.

9 hours ago, Well-met said:

imagine the programming nightmare to get all that stuff working in multiplayer

No.

No one ever asked for ALL of it, a couple palm trees, a few coconuts, chance of Palm Tree Guardian (Aka the only ranged projectile throwing tree guardian that would exist within DST)

There is a very clear and very recognizable difficulty decrease between exploring the world of DS single player, and exploring the world of DST.. 

Furthermore PC players tend to treat DS and DS Reign of Giants, and DS Shipwrecked, and DS Hamlet and DST as their own little games completely separated from one another, where as on Xbox One- Only ONE version of DS has ever existed.. and it’s included Reign of Giants content as a default vanilla part of the experience ever since the games release.

So which is it.... is Reign of Giants it’s own little thing? Or was it part of the game from the very beginning?

the ONLY one of those that is the exception is DST which actually WAS sold Separately as it’s own quote “Stand alone Multiplayer expansion to the single player game.”

Stand Alone means you don’t have to actually own DS single player to play DST, You DO have to own DS single player to play Shipwrecked or Hamlet as those are considered as DLC add on’s for the single player game and Not stand alone expansions.

However... over on Mobile Smartphones both DS Reign of Giants and DS Shipwrecked ARE Sold as their own Stand Alone games..

So again I ask which is it? Additional content you had to pay for? Or content that’s always been Stand Alone?

You guys want to confuse react all my posts I’m finally going to give you one WORTH Confuse Reacting.

Reign of Giants including playable characters Webber and Wigfrid for PC as well as the early days of Playstation was sold as their own completely separate add on packs.

Reign of Giants on Mobile, Xbox One or Nintendo have always been a default completely free version of every version of the game we’ve ever been able to purchase.

Shipwrecked on Consoles is an Expansion requiring you to own DS Single Player to play, But on Mobile you don’t need to also own DS to play the Shipwrecked app.. and over on PC through the power of Mods and by Klei’s Approval, PC players can play this content for Free without having to buy the expansion packs to even play them.

Now- on Xbox and PlayStation Consoles when you buy Shipwrecked and Hamlet dlc add ons you buy those separately for the single player game but you can enable DLC COMPATIBILITY which- Is a fancy word for adds small traces of those DLC add on’s Content into your Existing world.

Never the FULL Experience, just smaller stuff here and there- Aka... Return of Them Wobster and Wobster Den.

Now it’s time for those confused face  reacts-

If you buy this game on a NINTENDO CONSOLE then by default- you will already own Reign of giants AND Shipwrecked content as a core part of your game that IS NOT Sold separately.. 

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dont-starve-nintendo-switch-edition/

Therefore- And this is my final say on this entire subject- If Klei WANTED TO they could TOTALLY add Shipwrecked Content to DST and this would not KILL the sales of Single Player DS because depending on which Platform VERSION of DS you bought.... Shipwrecked has, was and always will be a core part of your game.

And for all anyone outside of Klei Studios knows... They could plan to re-release DS (again) bundled with DS, RoG, DS Shipwrecked, DS Hamlet and DST all in the same package, And discontinue the old versions of the game.

A case that Undead Labs recently did not but a few months ago when they upgraded their game to the JUGGERNAUT EDITION (giving everyone who didn’t buy the DLC Content add on’s the content I paid for for FREE) and discontinued the old version.

Then again... if Klei authorized the approval of allowing PC players to use a mod and play that content without needing to buy that content... they’ve practically allowed that content to be free already (although currently exclusively to PC players through the power of mods)

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No one ever asked for ALL of it, a couple palm trees, a few coconuts, chance of Palm Tree Guardian (Aka the only ranged projectile throwing tree guardian that would exist within DST)

and then people would ask for more, like coffee and swordfish, and more like Quacken and Jellyfish, and more until the entire dlc has been patched through as it will always be "Just one more/a few things". Once people get a taste of it, they would want more and more until they get every little bit to consume. Things like coffee and shipwreck style boats have been demanded for a long while now, and they haven't spliced it up the demanded parts and add it into the game because it would not satiate the players, only change their focus. 

41 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Furthermore PC players tend to treat DS and DS Reign of Giants, and DS Shipwrecked, and DS Hamlet and DST as their own little games completely separated from one another

Because they are

41 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Only ONE version of DS has ever existed.. and it’s included Reign of Giants content as a default vanilla part of the experience ever since the games release

Just because you have limited available buying options, doesn't equate to being able to ignore that you still can buy DS alone with no DLC on steam and PSN with the console edition. The best way to equate this is to say that today, I it is rare that I can find a VHS tape of Halloween and only have it widely available on DVD, but we still have to acknowledge that it is still technically possible to buy Halloween DVDless even if the options to get it are scarce at most. And finally, if we take a look at a old DS youtuber, Volx, we can see that the first video they uploaded was when RoG wasen't even in beta, thus showing that it was released without RoG at first. Please stop using this argument, because it was DLC but it was bundled for the Xbox store. Not sure why they did it but the point still stands that it was a bundle with the dlc, not the original release.

52 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

is Reign of Giants it’s own little thing? Or was it part of the game from the very beginning?

RoG was made with the intention of being a expansion of the classic experience as dlc, with the others being made as their own separate experiences that don't rely on the others to stand out. Shipwreck, Hamlet, And RoG all have wildly separate play styles, base styles, and progression styles that allow you to have completely different experiences, which is why using the sea/skyworthy (figuratively) breaks the game in half as all those resources can now be exploited in way they were never intended to be used in like street lamps in the caves or filling a entire hamlet river with fish traps. All of the games are uniquely different and have thier own complex, unique styles, however these styles don't mix well when attempting to both balance and keep a consistent theme throughout the game as they never were intended to be mixed. The bottom line is the reason why Shipwreck and Hamlet can't be in DST is because of keeping a consistent theme and not have it be completely jarring to go through a poisons jungle to a tropical beach to a temperate forest. It just doesn't mix well and brute forcing it will never lead to favorable results.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

However... over on Mobile Smartphones both DS Reign of Giants and DS Shipwrecked ARE Sold as their own Stand Alone games..

So again I ask which is it? Additional content you had to pay for? Or content that’s always been Stand Alone?

That's easy, they are separate so the phone doesn't get broken in half. As we all know, besides the Tiger Gamewatch, Mobile phones aren't that capable of handling games of this complexity. For comparison, people on PS4 and Xbox One still have these large lag spikes when having to much stuff to close and this one a machine that was specifically made to handle these types of games, while a phone was not meant to handle this type of strain and my phone even struggles sometimes scrolling through reddit, let alone this game full of complex systems constantly running and accounting to run. Having the two dlcs combined into one would make it so that the game could be to difficult that it couldn't run anymore. Yes they are separate games, but that's because they needed to to make it so that the game wouldn't collapse in on itself until you have played for like hundreds of days. It's another case of a game being forced to make sacrifices to be on different platforms, this is just one of those results.

Reign of Giants on Mobile, Xbox One or Nintendo have always been a default completely free version of every version of the game we’ve ever been able to purchase

Because it has been bundled with the purchase. Hell, if we even compare steam and xbox, to buy DS alone costs ~10$ and RoG cost ~5$, which adds up to ~15$, which is the exact amount the giant edition costs. It wasn't free, they just combined the costs as a bundle.

PC players can play this content for Free without having to buy the expansion packs to even play them

This content is also highly questionable if it works and is going very slowly through development. The reason why it's free is because it is so severly modding the game that it doesn't even resemble the same game anymore, also because the developers weren't going to do it in the first place, so why trample on someone else's fun. This content you are referring to exists in DST as a mod, which means that they are not upheld to the same standards as a actual company, there is no way to assure that the content will ever be finished or even if it will be good. Finally, this content you speak of is not a inherit one to one. Again, Shipwreck was made to be a stand alone experience and thus could take whatever liberties it wanted as long as it adhered to the tropical theme, while the mod has to deal with all of the RoG and DST content and work around it, making new compromises that were never in the original dlc. The mod isn't just "Shipwreck and RoG together" it's "Rog with Shipwreck working around it". It will always be a inherently different experience to classic Shipwreck besides that. While you seem to hate mods with the bane of a thousand owls, please remember how mods almost never replace actual content released by Klei and that adding things is never just simply adding it in, it's more of a careful rebuilding of the content in DLC instead of a straight implementation.

DLC COMPATIBILITY which- Is a fancy word for adds small traces of those DLC add on’s Content into your Existing world.

No, it means that it can work with the original , not that by simply adding it, it suddenly becomes linked. The only examples of this (besides glitches) are the Parrot in RoG and the things that allow you to travel to the different/link dlc's. Yes, you are right, but again in the smallest way possible as the objects to link them are the only things added to the original. The only exception is the actual base game, but that is still the exception since it was never intended to incoperate all the mechanics from RoG, unlike Shipwreck and Hamlet during their development.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Return of Them Wobster and Wobster Den.

But that still isn't even the same mob as in Shipwreck. The way you catch them is different, the way they spawn is different, even their recipes are different. Their inclusion was made so that they could have a crab type consumable in the game, and instead of going through all the work to make a entire new mob with their own animation and pictures, they just copied the Wobster so that they could cut a corner, that's it. They aren't intending in adding this type of content, and if they added a entirely different type of crab, the result would be the same without giving people the slim hope that they might get more. The crawfish are not a sign of them warming up to the idea of compatibility, it's a sign of making corners so that they can have a consistent update time.

If you buy this game on a NINTENDO CONSOLE then by default- you will already own Reign of giants AND Shipwrecked content as a core part of your game that IS NOT Sold separately.. 

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dont-starve-nintendo-switch-edition/

And the price is (non discounted) the price of having Base + RoG + SW, it's a bundle.

If Klei WANTED TO they could TOTALLY add Shipwrecked Content to DST and this would not KILL the sales of Single Player DS because depending on which Platform VERSION of DS you bought

Yes, it would. It would kill the sales since this inheritly better version  with more content would have no drawbacks to the original and would simply be the better overall product. If we use a different game to explain, lets look at persona 5. The reason why buying persona 5 classic with all the dlc is no longer a good financial idea since Royal gives all the dlc for free and has innately better content, so there is almost no reason to buy classic with all the dlc because you get more content for a cheaper price, thus invalidating the need to buy persona 5 classic as you could get so much more the enhanced version, and there in lies the comparison. The reason why it is isn't as worth it to buy persona 5 classic is that you get inherently more content if you would have just bought royal instead, thus giving almost no reason to buy the classic (except for price, but that is not the main point of this section, it about getting the most bang for your buck and the redundancy of buying the same content twice). The same thing would happen to DST since, by giving a few extra bucks, you can get more then enough content to justify never picking up DS since you would already have all the content they have with the addition to all the exclusive content. In Short, yes it would because the added dlc content, even if they added nothing else new beyond this point, would tank DS sales since their would be literally no reason to ever go back. When I got buy a new axe to chop wood with, it's made with the intention that I'm never going to use the old one again, not if it doesn't have unique features like a rubber grip or a second axe blade. DST with dlc kills DS with dlc because it would be redundant to buy the same game twice, exception with less content and a near unnoticeable price difference.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I mod in coffee for luls. It's fun seeing the cast run like the Roadrunner. Same with Ganja mod. All it's missing is the pink pupils after they smoke.:wilson_ecstatic:

ye its fun but at the ends breaks too much the game. I like food having effects but i tried DS coffee in the aporkalipsis and i ended not using it. If it was less speed boost i will be totally in with the idea

1 hour ago, FuriousChimera said:

Shipwrecked also developed by another company: CAPY Games, The same reason why ReForge mod content can not be official, Klei cant just take stuffs form another devs for free and add to their game.

Capybara Games and KLei had some contractual obligations and prerogatives - thus, being in the same DS/T brand, elements or entire aspects of SW could be added to DST in theory; also a certain quality is assured following those collaborative contracts. While your pointed mod (ReForged) numbers a healthy amount of bugs, enough to have some hefty chunk of them players crashing quite often when using it. Comparing the 2 (official DLC and a game-mode mod) isn't actually an adequate quality parallel, as KLei had 0 input in that mod's development (and of course 0 responsibility regarding mentioned crashes/quality) - only "officially recognized its existence".

Newly released Hamlet on Xbox One was ported to Xbox by a company I’m guessing is called Lab 42? So there’s Capybara, Lab 42, Klei.

I recall Klei mentioning that they hired more people specifically for improving the quality of the console versions of the game, so.. maybe this Lab 42 is a partner company to Klei?

Im not sure how all that technical stuff works.. what I DO KNOW is that Take-Two (2K) is a parent company to Rockstar games- Which means Their income isn’t pulled off GTA & RDR alone, but rather Anything with the Rockstar or 2K logo on it- Including Borderlands, NBA Live, etc.

I have to have mad respect for Lab 42.. because I been begging Klei for Hamlet to come to console for years!!!

Archived