I am stuck. Dont know what to do

Generally i took 11 days to explore the edges of map 

i collect extra tings like carpet and marble after i decide to where build my camp (which is deciding tooks almost 1.5 days) 

Immedieatly i starting collect lot of woods for make lot of chests 1 chest for every 1 item i dont like to put everything together.

My habbits doesnt let me play the game i can start playing like day 40 

Its not ready yet btw 

20200704141949_1.thumb.jpg.199ee12d5170552580dbe0f9c5997ba5.jpg

I need advice pro of players

How strategy you use when playing the game ?

i will hammer the rack and the 2 chest staying on carpet also iam gonna build endothermic fire opposite side of the fire pit

The moment you learn to play baseless for every season you become free to do whatever you want. Otherwise get 40+ berry bushes or base on a desert so you never waste time searching for food.

Also, skip chests for the first year, use bearger for it and purple feather from penguins for the mini signs. You only need them early if you have certain items that are near catcoons, moleworms, pigs if you have more than a stack of pigskin or basing in a cave.

Organize your inventory.

Think flingomatics and firepit placement if you play on the surface during summer.

i dunno, i like having chests at every major point of interest. better you have to hammer a few chests than to lose a pile of useful items. as for being nomadic? a base for winter is a good idea, even actual nomads settle for the nonproductive parts of a year

18 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

The moment you learn to play baseless for every season you become free to do whatever you want. Otherwise get 40+ berry bushes or base on a desert so you never waste time searching for food.

Also, skip chests for the first year, use bearger for it and purple feather from penguins for the mini signs. You only need them early if you have certain items that are near catcoons, moleworms, pigs if you have more than a stack of pigskin or basing in a cave.

Organize your inventory.

Think flingomatics and firepit placement if you play on the surface during summer.

is there a way to prevent disease ? except turn off it 

38 minutes ago, Squirrel12 said:

No.

But you can dig up the diseased bush before it spreads to others. 

That's a bad advice for long term world :( . Best way to prevent disease is to dig all your plant once winter start and plant them back once spring start

59 minutes ago, Resul said:

is there a way to prevent disease ? except turn off it 

Change the berry bushes to pig farms later on (or start with it, as long as you finish them before day 11), they can sustain you through an entire moon cycle even as Wolfgang while giving you plenty of pig skin. As Woodie you'll need to use a moose totem before the full moon starts.

There is also bee farms, 10+ bee boxes is plentiful, they are expensive to make and only worth in a world that you know will last for a long time, each bee box is worth 45(?) hunger and if you space them well and get some movement speed you won't even need to worry about bees reaching you to attack. For hunger eat honey raw, for sanity use all the honey on a crockpot and for hp use meat.

Stone fruits are only really good for making pierogi late game but they don't get diseases if planted through seed, just separate their versions so you know which is which.

2 hours ago, Pinegrove said:

I believe you can find a mod on the workshop that disables it 

i did not say ''is there a way to prevent disease ?''

i said ''is there a way to prevent disease ? except turn off it '' 

So what are you guys recommend me to do ?

what to do in 20 days and what to do rest of it ? 

5 minutes ago, Resul said:

digging in winter and replanting in spring is the best bet i guess for long term worlds, but if it's long enough, sprouting stone fruits is probably the way to go. 

As for your op, i don't bother with design too much in the first 2 seasons, i make a few chests if any, and i also try to put the idea in my head that the first base i start is probably not gonna be my main base, so i don't give that much importance to the layouts at first. Even if it ends up being, it s easier to rebuild and design it later on when i have plenty of materials for it.

44 minutes ago, Resul said:

So what are you guys recommend me to do ?

if you are new the early you start preparing for fighting mctusk and deerclops better. Also did you farm beefalos? the best winter cloth is beefalo hat and also, killing some of them will give you meat for the entire winter.

farm some hives to get the honeycombs for your bee hive so you can use the honey of these destroyed hives to prepare easy healing food in winter

prepare farms so you dont run out of meat, fillers and ham bats (try to use this since winter will keep it fresh longer)

if you are experience winter has one of the most fun bosses of the game, klaus, and you can kill dragonfly to get the funace so you dont need to waste anything to warm your stone

idk, there is a lot of stuff to do

I usually consider every functional set as a room, every room has a flingo protected from wildfire

Storage room

I always build chests and alchemy/shadow manipulator together

- everyone can quickly pick what stored in chest and craft with station

Kitchen

I usually play alone so basically I always have one or two crockpot with a small farm

I also often see people do like make kitchens for public uses, then you can put some tents with it

make it a comfortable eat-and-sleep area, possibly with few lamps

Farms

many stacks of grasses, sapling, berry bushes

then firepit and endothermic pit are always at center of all rooms but out of every flingo's range

I don't recommend beebox at first autumn, unless you really know what you are going to do

I do see people make beebox at first autumn, most of them cause some problem later

case 1. setting flower and beebox too late, bee couldn't produce few honey before winter

case 2. build the beebox too close 

- your base will definitely be messy and laggy because of stingers and harrassed by killer bee everyday in every spring

case 3. dont have a plan to keep enough gears for flingo to protect them from wildfires

It is hard to pack beebox farm with other functional room because killer bee in spring

I personally prefer them isolated at least two or three screens away

corner or edge of map is pretty good choice

less people visit, less wildfire occurs, potientially save up to 2 gears

about the logs farm: if you have pigs around, just hire them and farm forest using them 

this is quite efficient when you don't have any giants, Woodie or Maxwell

On 7/4/2020 at 1:23 PM, Resul said:

After I get a good enough base prepared where I can store food and valuable items, I usually start preparing for one of the following goals:

1. Exploring the caves and finding the Ruins:
    When I was learning the game I thought the caves were nothing more than a dark, dangerous place with mushrooms and bunnymen, and I avoided it like the plague cause I didn't see much of a point in going down there. But then I read about the Ruins, that were hidden somewhere deep in it. Just having "Find the Ruins" as a quest in itself is exciting enough, but after that there's the added challenge of getting the rewards it offers.

2. Making preparations to fight a static boss:
    Usually Dragonfly or Bee Queen. You can either just go ahead and try to figure out how to fight them and die several times trying to learn, or you can go on YouTube or the DST wiki and see the standard strategies to beat them. Either way is really fun, and will require preparation.

3. Building a boat and exploring the Ocean:
    Right now there's not a lot in the ocean, as it's still being developed, but I still have fun doing it! I remember when I was first learning the sailing mechanics I sank one boat after the other.

In autumn, focus on basic base things. Berry farms, crockpots, drying racks, ice boxes, etc. Should not be that hard. In winter, focus on preparing for Deerclops and kill MacTusk several times to get Walking Cane and Tam. Kill Deerclops and make an Eyebrella so the next season is super easy. In spring, you are kinda free to do whatever you want if you have an eyebrella, and at this point this is usually a decent time to lay down turf, walls, a storage system, and extra rooms, that is, if you want ur base to look pretty like I do. You don't have to kill Moose Goose, but I would for some Down Feathers. When summer comes, retreat to caves and establish a base there and maybe find the ruins. Then the years after that should be boss killing, ruins raiding, and megabasing if you want. After first year you are kinda free to do whatever you want.

Hope this helped, and this is exactly what I do.

16 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

In autumn, focus on basic base things. Berry farms, crockpots, drying racks, ice boxes, etc. Should not be that hard. In winter, focus on preparing for Deerclops and kill MacTusk several times to get Walking Cane and Tam. Kill Deerclops and make an Eyebrella so the next season is super easy. In spring, you are kinda free to do whatever you want if you have an eyebrella, and at this point this is usually a decent time to lay down turf, walls, a storage system, and extra rooms, that is, if you want ur base to look pretty like I do. You don't have to kill Moose Goose, but I would for some Down Feathers. When summer comes, retreat to caves and establish a base there and maybe find the ruins. Then the years after that should be boss killing, ruins raiding, and megabasing if you want. After first year you are kinda free to do whatever you want.

Hope this helped, and this is exactly what I do.

what is megabase and what it is difference than normal base ?

1 hour ago, Resul said:

what is megabase and what it is difference than normal base ?

A normal includes all the nessecary things to survive and maybe a few other things, the things I list in the begginning are things you want. A megabase is a huge base, and most of the time that the player has probably goes into gathering the resources and building. Just look up megabase.

Megabase : a base where every item has a chest / minisign or atleast a minisign ( for unstackable item ). -Every farmable ressource should have a optimal farming spot.

-Any sort of flooring design that is handcrafted. 

Bonus prestige point if

- you have access to infinite light

- have a sanity station 

- got a zone dedicated to a seasonal event 

- if you can live 1 year without ever walking on natural turf 

Archived