Jump to content

Warly spices and NPCs


Should Warly spiced foods affect any mob that eats them?  

58 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Warly spiced foods affect any mob that eats them?


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/20/20 at 09:59 PM

Recommended Posts

I was thinking that maybe Warly's spiced foods should affects any mob that eats them. The reasoning is the following:

  • It would further extend Warly's powers over the land
  • It's entirely optional to be used or not.
  • It's an extra endgame thing.
  • Mass creating Warly's spiced foods takes a lot of effort already and going the extra mile to feed a pig or a bunny army would be a lot of work, so it's not like it would be as OP as it probably sounds at first glance. Huge grind, for more reward.
  • Solo Warly playthroughs could be more rewarding in the long term. 
  • Honey spiced foods could turn pigs into better wood choppers for a day. If a Wurt is present, it would synergize with her merms, as they are overall better workers than pigs.
  • Beefalos could get 33% defense this way, something they currently lack. Salted dragonpie could also be a potent way to quickly heal your beefalo if it's about to die.
  • I've seen many times people that dies, and the spiders, pigs or Bearger eat their spiced foods. They would then become even more threatening foes for about a day. 
  • It would add a bit more of immersion, that basically we are not special in the land, and any other creatures can benefit from boosts.

So what do you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, for one good reason. Adding more complexity doesn't make the charachter more better. You need a special handbook just for Warly to understand his unique dishes and his 2 unique stations for crafting and making spices. Even I have to look up dishes everytime because I have trouble remembering the correct ingredients.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

 

  • I've seen many times people that dies, and the spiders, pigs or Bearger eat their spiced foods. They would then become even more threatening foes for about a day. 
  • It would add a bit more of immersion, that basically we are not special in the land, and any other creatures can benefit from boosts.

So what do you think?

Flash backs from when returned to my corpse after starving to death while fleeing shadow monkeys only to find they were wearing my bee queen crown lol

I like the idea.  It would give some support feel even in a solo game.  Honestly I'd probably never use it except to feed bosses for the lulz tho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Flash backs from when returned to my corpse after starving to death while fleeing shadow monkeys only to find they were wearing my bee queen crown lol

What foods do Monkeys eat off the ground again? The last thing I need is a bunch of spiced up nightmare monkeys chasing me through the ruins as I try to get my stuff back from my corpse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I completely love this idea it adds a new way for him to interact with the world that that makes sense on a logical level while balancing risk and reward you could even take it a step further and make so that certain dropped foods will cause bosses who aren't occupied to eat them like dragonfly maybe prioritizing pepper spices food.

But on a side note while it's not hard to google his recipes and such why in the world doesn't Warly remember the recipes to the food he cooks or have a cook book.

And just to be clear I know there are mods that probably do this and that some of his dishes are experimental but it's hard to believe he wouldn't atleast have a few dishes he knows off the top of his head even if the player might not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im obsessed with warly i probably tested every single thing with him in game and i can easily say. He has a lot of potential but he has missed spots.

The improvements that can made for Warly like this:

  • Old chef pouch features should come back (2x slower spoilage and 8 inventory space)
  • %20 faster hunger drain on him should be removed or reduced to %10
  • He should be able to cook his exclusive recipes on regular crockpots.
  • When Warly makes the regular recipes, his recipes should give a little more positive effects ( for example another person cooks meatballs and get regular effects from it. When warly cooks the same recipes those can have bit more possitive effects than the regular ones. It can provide 10 point more hunger, health and sanity each for example.
  • He might have 1 more seasoning for all recipes which let us to extend foods spoilage time. It might be useful when there is no way to store our foods.
  • He might have ability to combine maximum 2 seasonings together in one recipe. (garlic powder mixed with honey crystals in one portion meatball )
  • When he feeds the others by food that made by himself he can increase their sanity for few points.

These are few things that came up to my mind and makes a lot of sense since he is "The culinarian" and im a cook irl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Warly The Cook said:

He should be able to cook his exclusive recipes on regular crockpots.

Although this idea makes perfect sense, I think this wasn't added for technical reasons. Warly's special foods always come out of his unique cookware, and his cookware can only be used by Warly. Therefore, only Warly can cook the recipes.

In a regular crockpot the default recipes are the ones everyone has access to, and if you want Warly recipes to come out of them some other thing should change completely what will come out of the pot for a Warly recipe. This worked in singleplayer DS because when you picked Warly, he is all there was, and all crockpots in the world had only Warly recipes.

How to make a regular crockpot on DST, to know if it should give a Warly recipe or not, could be problematic: is it by who started to cook? is it by proximity? It would also mean to mess with something that already works well, and could create bugs under the dozens of conditions and recipes there are.

I think the devs picked the easier and smarter solution to this problem by isolating his recipes to an entirely new device (his portable crock pot)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Although this idea makes perfect sense, I think this wasn't added for technical reasons. Warly's special foods always come out of his unique cookware, and his cookware can only be used by Warly. Therefore, only Warly can cook the recipes.

In a regular crockpot the default recipes are the ones everyone has access to, and if you want Warly recipes to come out of them some other thing should change completely what will come out of the pot for a Warly recipe. This worked in singleplayer DS because when you picked Warly, he is all there was, and all crockpots in the world had only Warly recipes.

How to make a regular crockpot on DST, to know if it should give a Warly recipe or not, could be problematic: is it by who started to cook? is it by proximity? It would also mean to mess with something that already works well, and could create bugs under the dozens of conditions and recipes there are.

I think the devs picked the easier and smarter solution to this problem by isolating his recipes to an entirely new device (his portable crock pot)

Yeah maybe you are right but except that one like i said. Warly has so much potential. He was not strong when he first came out. He is even weaker now he really doesnt needed a nerf. Im being %100 objective he needs even more buff now thats my opinion and i know im not alone. I saw many players complain about his current sutiation. He is a quiet new character and his current situation is understandable. Maybe he will be much stronger in the future if devs are already working or think about how to improve his abilities and survival skills in DST. Most of the people think he is strong but only reason they think like that (which is my opinion again) he is unique. He looks strong but when you try to play solo or when you play with your friends you can clearly see he is all about teamwork. Yeah most of the characters not designed for %100 solo gameplay and thats why im saying how i think. If his food management and cooking abilities is the key, his current stats and abilities not enough right now when you compare him with other characters. He is all about team work most of the time so he definitely needs some love from devs and get buff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...