Tail O' Three Cats and Fuelweaver

Hi guys,

So I'm not sure if people have posted this on the forum before, but you can use the extended attack range of the cat whip to tank Fuelweaver without cost of armor and healing since it has a pathetic attack range. This is very useful especially in the first phase, since FW won't cast its woven shadows or shadow hands--you can tank it basically without cost on your armor, healing, or lazy explorer usage.

I made a video to illustrate this mechanic if you guys are interested:

Have you tested if its worth farming it vs just going with the traditional gear? The slightly lower damage could potentially make the fight take longer since its like attacking with an axe. Definitely interesting though and its great to have a new use for it. It also basically stun locks him so fighting with a team of players could synergies with this maybe too. I guess I'll do some testing and see. 

1 hour ago, Bluepufferfish said:

Have you tested if its worth farming it vs just going with the traditional gear? The slightly lower damage could potentially make the fight take longer since its like attacking with an axe. Definitely interesting though and its great to have a new use for it. It also basically stun locks him so fighting with a team of players could synergies with this maybe too. I guess I'll do some testing and see. 

It definitely saves on the lazy explorer since you don't need to use it in this phase; I wanted to calculate exactly how much armor and healing it saves, but it would seem that sometimes the bone cage hurts you and sometimes it doesn't--so it's a somewhat rng based situation and cannot be calculated into a specific number.

And of course I only recommend this method if you have a beequeen crown available, otherwise the sanity drain from the the prolonged fight is most definitely not worth it.

In the end I just wanna introduce this hilarious use for such an underutilized item to other players, it eventually depend on each individual players' playing style to determine if this is a good method : )

One thing I absolutely love about this idea (coming from myself who struggles with boss fights at times) is that it utilizes an under-used weapon, and especially gives time for the player to think while fighting in the first phase (a big thank you to the stun locking that it does). 

On 5/21/2020 at 9:06 PM, Parusoid said:

Just to be specific, its not tanking if you dont take damage; its merely keeping him in safe distance

I just mean it's the opposite of kiting--but you get the point

Archived