(Speculation) Them, Metheus, the Moon and more

25 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Perhaps I got the Mandela effect as well... I remember seeing her in the forge trailer, what lies beyond trailer, as a jumpscare in the salty dog trailer but these are a bit old I guess...

In the forge trailer 

Reveal hidden contents

char1.thumb.PNG.50457fa61ddeba978fceb1376a454692.PNG

In the what lies beyond trailer

Reveal hidden contents

char2.thumb.PNG.8dcd26a3bf0f04ece029f53fa18f4793.PNG

And the most recent one, in the salty dog trailer

Reveal hidden contents

char3.thumb.PNG.4123deeed784ea64ce5928770900c1ff.PNG

To me,it looks that Charlie/Metheus is getting darker and uglier,just like Maxwell did.Damn,Them are on something really nasty.

Or she is more triggered because the Moon is getting in her way.

5 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

To me,it looks that Charlie/Metheus is getting darker and uglier,just like Maxwell did.Damn,Them are on something really nasty.

Or she is more triggered because the Moon is getting in her way.

What!? She's pretty! Well... she doesn't look like Maxy when you go through the 5 levels of adventure mode...

2 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

What!? She's pretty! Well... she doesn't look like Maxy when you go through the 5 levels of adventure mode...

Even when she's spooky she's pretty... maxwell just goes full Quasimodo...

11 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Poor boy is corrupted. Im genuiely curios, is Wilson about to get shadow corrupted too? 

KLEI, SCIENCE MIXED WITH SHADOWS CRAFTING TAB FOR WILSON PLEEEEASE

Wilson's lore has kind of stagnated so... only if we get his rework really.

26 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Poor boy is corrupted. Im genuiely curios, is Wilson about to get shadow corrupted too? 

KLEI, SCIENCE MIXED WITH SHADOWS CRAFTING TAB FOR WILSON PLEEEEASE

Wilson got all his shadow juice sucked from him by Charlie. at most, he might be able to refine his beard hair into nightmare fuel.

38 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

I meant the jumpscare part,i know,it is a jumpscare,but hey,that ain´t right

7 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Wilson got all his shadow juice sucked from him by Charlie. at most, he might be able to refine his beard hair into nightmare fuel.

Also, he's a bad scientist so he's good where he is... maybe celestial stuff but his Throne powers are gone.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

It's from the "darkness" chapter, the final level of the adventure mode.

Hmm. Been so long since I've last played DS that I forgot most aspects of it - more so as I usually didn't paid much attention to intro sections and the like. So he's officially aroused :dog:

(also found the mod in question for anyone interested: Maxwell's Revenge)

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Hmm. Been so long since I've last played DS that I forgot most aspects of it - more so as I usually didn't paid much attention to intro sections and the like. So he's officially aroused :dog:

(also found the mod in question for anyone interested: Maxwell's Revenge)

Please stop saying that Maxwell is aroused....

About the theories again... "Metheus" the ancient queen, we saw that she was corrupted by the nightmare fuel as well (in the murals), is Metheus a spirit that is inside Charlie now? Is Metheus an entity that is using Charlie as a puppet?! So many questions and so little answers!

16 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

About the theories again... "Metheus" the ancient queen, we saw that she was corrupted by the nightmare fuel as well (in the murals), is Metheus a spirit that is inside Charlie now? Is Metheus an entity that is using Charlie as a puppet?! So many questions and so little answers!

Okay so we have touched on the possibility of Metheus being moon-related (the initial thesis of this thread) but there is always the elephant in the room... The theory that Metheus is Charlie's shadow half.

Spoiler

I'm literally just reiterating @Zeklo's video on it (I'll put it up here soon). Metheus is shown, in the murals, corrupted by the Nightmare Fuel and, by extension, Them. Also, Metheus would've become a shadow akin to the Fuelweaver, consumed by the darkness. Charlie is shown controlling the Throne's shadows when she frees up Wilson, which would be weird for any regular shadow to do... But not for the former Queen of the Ancients, Ancients which ultimately became the Shadow Monsters. They would follow their Queen to the end, to the bitter, shadowy end.

Adding to all that, Charlie herself wouldn't know anything about the Constant and all the powers that be, unlike Maxwell who had access to the Codex Umbra. So, her knowing what steps to take next, especially finding the Ancient Gateway, would be rather odd, unless she had knowledge from elsewhere, perhaps from the Queen that knew about it all along, Metheus.

If we take that as true, we can start understanding Charlie's transformation, which is the goal of this assumption. Metheus shows herself as dangerous and ravenous, quickly throwing Wilson back into the Constant, pulling Winona in and attacking us at night. Perhaps that's tied to the fuel, a corruption mixed with hatred and betrayal, ending up with a vengeful shade that wants to take revenge on Those who wronged her and her people, while also punishing her former companion's hubris and arrogance, the Fuelweaver, who thought he could control the Fuel. These last points are all shared by Charlie, with her Fuelweaver being Maxwell, shared feelings that make them both come to terms with eachother and join forces with a single purpose: to be puppets no more. Now fused with a single mind and direction, Queen Charlie is setting up the stage for Their downfall, with us as her pawns. Nonetheless, Charlie is still different from Metheus, because she still cares for some things, even if just a little. She didn't want for Winona to be trapped, but she never sought to free her, she just made do.

(All this personality and goals assumption is based on Charlie's quotes inside the files that were removed)

Don't get me wrong I love this theory but, as pointed out before, it has some holes that make me lean more in my original theory's favor: Metheus only takes heed after the events of her puzzle (and killing the Fuelweaver). That's important because taking heed means to take attention to something, so Metheus only seemed to start caring at that moment, and not when Charlie and her shadow half merged. Also, but this is just petty, it would be a really missed opportunity to have not named Charlie's shadow half Metheus from the start, and not Grue. To wrap up, saying Metheus was corrupted in the murals is valid but arguable, as that's not entirely clear.

So... This got way longer than I wanted... What do you think? Which theory so you like best and why... And if neither what do you think is up with Metheus?

Archived