In the Forge trailer, we can see that survivors opened the Atrium portal and were teleported to the Forge. Then the Gorge comes and we know that in the end, they've escaped through the portal. But then Klei announced that there'll be no new events for now and the next cinematic we can see that all survivors are back in constant. What do you think happened after the Gorge?
I mean, we can say that they were teleported back to the Atrium after they've escaped from the Gorge, but this is boring, maybe you guys can come up with something interesting?

image.thumb.png.83b2108859b7589602453f524eae1eb0.png

I wouldn’t look too deeply into anything with this game.. Everything can be written off as simply “The Multiverse” the end.

At least that was the Answer I got when I asked where people go when using the Celestial Portal to change Wendy into Wormwood. :( 

and Since console players never got to play the Forge, And Gorge was over before it even began... that content, it’s purpose and the way it ties into the games lore is a big plot hole for Anyone not playing on a PC.

It gets kinda annoying TBH... hearing about Official game content that we never actually got a chance to play. Our knowledge with the game becomes a blurred line of what we have and haven’t had a chance to experience.

Then there’s also Year of Carrat- I have a rat buddy who runs around on a race track for my amusement but when the event is over my rat buddy who is still in my inventory let me remind you.. is now no longer my friend and I can’t interact with him.

How do you explain THAT Lore-Wise?

The TL:DR- It’s a video game.. it’s not going to make 100% sense all the time.

49 minutes ago, Cunning fox said:

In the Forge trailer, we can see that survivors opened the Atrium portal and were teleported to the Forge. Then the Gorge comes and we know that in the end, they've escaped through the portal. But then Klei announced that there'll be no new events for now and the next cinematic we can see that all survivors are back in constant. What do you think happened after the Gorge?
I mean, we can say that they were teleported back to the Atrium after they've escaped from the Gorge, but this is boring, maybe you guys can come up with something interesting?

image.thumb.png.83b2108859b7589602453f524eae1eb0.png

Where did you get this screenshot?

EDIT: Nevermind, I remember its from Forge trailer

EDIT №2: I also remember Wortox`s quote to Winter`s Feast Forge ornament. Intresting quote, actuallyimage.thumb.png.1cb89578ae91319351f049cbf252d931.png

2 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Intresting quote, actually

Maybe later. Right now we'll assume he wasn't on the battlefield and more in the spectator seat watching the group fighting while he's the equivalent of Timon and Pumba in Lion King 1/2.

I always kinda linked it together in my mind as a "Team-Teleportato" that they tried to use to get out of the Constant, only to get sucked into a new world. Makes sense with Wortox's quote for the Florid Postern "I can come and go as I please" in my opinion, as it shows that they specifically (the humans, including Webber) are in fact stuck there on purpose and may never get out.

16 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Maybe later. Right now we'll assume he wasn't on the battlefield and more in the spectator seat watching the group fighting while he's the equivalent of Timon and Pumba in Lion King 1/2.

Heh, I could imagine him (and the rest of the survivors that weren't around during the Forge or the Gorge) just watching and eating popcorn;

Warly: Shouldn't we be helping them, mon amis?

Wortox: Nah, they'll be fine. Anyways, we have to focus ourselves on trying to keep Wormwood from catching fire and keeping Wurt from starting any fights with our fellow spectators.

Warly: Oui, you have a point. Plus, this popcorn is quite excellent!

As I never played on forge, many times I forget that the characters passed through the portal for the forge. So does it mean that we won't never pass it in DST ? I always dreamed to pass it for a new location, biome, whatever.

I havent really paid much attention to these events "lore-wise" but they are interesting on many aspects, with few things mentioned in them like gnaw's mermification plague. The Ancient Gateway itself still has alot of mystery to it aswell as an aura of malice in my opinion. I hope it will play a major part in the finale of RoT. Perhaps discovering the purpose of Celestial Tribute in the future will be tied in someway to the Gateway or even changing it's purpose entirely.

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I wouldn’t look too deeply into anything with this game.. Everything can be written off as simply “The Multiverse” the end.

Except, no, not really. Yes, there are (likely) some multiverse shenanigans going on with the celestial portal, but it has absolutely impact on the story at all. It only exists to explain how the celestial portal works.

13 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Except, no, not really. Yes, there are (likely) some multiverse shenanigans going on with the celestial portal, but it has absolutely impact on the story at all. It only exists to explain how the celestial portal works.

Kinda disappointing To Be Honest.. doesn’t HAMLETS world exist in the Skies ABOVE DST/DS? And Doesn’t the definition of Celestial pretty much mean- 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/celestial

To just write it off as “The Multiverse” is very saddening, I kinda expected the Celestial portal to function similar to how DS Solo’s “The Wooden Thing” 

(Aka- A contraption you need to build part by part of And then activate to go to a new chapter in Adventure Mode.)

And what’s worse is since console players never got to play Forge at all, and Gorge was a short lived event- Any and all lore related to that has to be found in the game through Vignettes & Profile Icons, Or through information you have to take with a grain of salt found here on these forums and around the Internet.

It is Very hard to distinguish what is actual game lore.. and what’s just some fan made up theory.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Kinda disappointing To Be Honest.. doesn’t HAMLETS world exist in the Skies ABOVE DST/DS? And Doesn’t the definition of Celestial pretty much mean- 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/celestial

To just write it off as “The Multiverse” is very saddening, I kinda expected the Celestial portal to function similar to how DS Solo’s “The Wooden Thing” 

(Aka- A contraption you need to build part by part of And then activate to go to a new chapter in Adventure Mode.)

1. The wooden thing wouldn't work well in a multiplayer environment due to resetting the world. We've had enough issues with that when rerolling a world was introduced

2. It's purpose was always meant to be a way to change characters as you could never do this in DST. It also made way for the character refreshes that would soon follow

3. The "Celestial" part is likely referring to it being made from largely celestial materials, just as the "ancient" gateway doesn't lead to the ancients, but it's describing it instead

4. The celestial portal has no connection to the ancient gateway (as of now), or the plot hole and we're getting this thread way off topic

Spoiler

1- Borderlands is a 4 player drop in drop out Coop game that’s broken up into Segments, or “Zones” rather.. in Order to enter a New Zone players have to be standing within an acceptable Radius of the Next Zones Transportation Aurora (think that circle of land that the Ice Fling protects... but with Players!) If all players are Not in the Activation Radius, you can’t swap maps.

Borderlands came out in 2009 and I don’t see why DST wouldn’t work in Exactly the same way.

OR

1A- On XBOX we do not have Dedicated or Official Servers, so everything is ran from a HOST Player, so ultimately it should be Entirely the Hosts decision rather you go to a new location or not.. after all it’s the HOSTS world your playing in.

2- Its Purpose is to change characters for NOW but with new things being added to the game with Return Of Them such as the Celestial Alter.. how much longer will it’s purpose remain to be strictly just to change characters?

3-Isn’t really relevant but I understand what your saying.

4- The Plot hole in Question can only be discussed amongst PC Players who actually got to Part take in the Content, Console players can only go off information they find online- and we ALL Know Information Online should be taken with a grain of Salt.

PC Players- “Oh Yeahhhh I totally remember that Forge Event and yeah there’s a plot hole Discuss!”

Console players- “??????? Wait What’s the Forge?”

Taken with a grain of Salt.. lol Thanks Minespatch! 

F3FB6C68-168B-4841-A0EC-62C45183A2E2.gif

the "real" story is still somewhere beyond the gorge. They haven't returned.

the inspect lines about festive ornaments are merely a wink. It's probably safe to assume all 3 holiday events aren't even canon.

19 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Where did you get this screenshot?

EDIT: Nevermind, I remember its from Forge trailer

EDIT №2: I also remember Wortox`s quote to Winter`s Feast Forge ornament. Intresting quote, actuallyimage.thumb.png.1cb89578ae91319351f049cbf252d931.png

I think that's because that wortox was in a different timeline from ours

I personnally always saw how the events in the game occured as follow :

1- Survivors activating the ancient gateway

2- Survivors getting into the forge (season 1), beat it and jump in a portal

3- Survivors dealing with the gorge, survive and jump in the portal

4- Survivors are back in the forge (season 2), beat a harder version of it and jump in a portal 

5- Survivors come back to the Constant. 

6- Return of them starts and affect the world that we know.

Now the reason of why they went trough all those dimension is unknown and would indeed be something to expand upon. But with how Klei released everything, i think the timeline i gave is pretty solid. The survivor litteraly did some back and forth between some dimensions.

I also know i might be totally wrong and i also know that character that never took part into those events have quotes about it. I just think those quote were there for in case those events would come back at some point. And if so, it would debunk my theory completely. 

I've always assumed that's a part of the story that just hasn't been finished. 
Maybe we'll see a conclusion to it eventually? But for now, it seems like Klei's moved onto other things.
After RoT, perhaps we'll see what's happening there.

Archived