How do I get badges?

Cunning fox

55 minutes ago, Cunning fox said:

But I've registered on forums back in 2014 and participated in closed beta for DST and alpha for ONI... Maybe I could contact someone to resolve this?

Same here for me with DST, but it is what it is.  I didn't want to make more work for the Klei employee to try and fix up old databases.  That takes time to ensure it's properly done and won't explode everything else, and I wouldn't want to wish it for anyone.

Here's a few examples of some of my posts that doesn't appear in the search history, yet exists:

Spoiler

Page 2 in thread, comment link goes to page 1 because it can't find it.

Page 1, in DST General even.

DS subforum, for reference.

Note that all of these are unable to be searched for from my post history and must be found manually.

I had contacted JoeW over this a while ago:

image.png.09024640a37f357f0b360e0f377a178d.png

I don't think it was devastating enough to warrant fixing, the time and cost to do it for some forum badges and such.

But perhaps JoeW would manually go in and fix the badge for you if it meant something to you.  For me, it's just an icon on a forum.

I just wanted to be able to search my past posts, as some of the content I posted was still applicable for the people I was trying to help out in the mod subforum.

@Cunning fox You didn't post in either forum before the  badges went out. @CarlZalph - these forums have really crappy search, I know. I have some things I want to try to do to fix it, but when I do it can break things. If you have old posts that are archived that you want unarchived, let me know and I can fix that. 

7 minutes ago, JoeW said:

@Cunning fox You didn't post in either forum before the  badges went out. @CarlZalph - these forums have really crappy search, I know. I have some things I want to try to do to fix it, but when I do it can break things. If you have old posts that are archived that you want unarchived, let me know and I can fix that. 

hoping one day to receive a visit from the title fairy, sent by the noble commander @JoeW

200px-Edmund_blair_leighton_accolade.jpg

Archived