Winona needs buff

you can find my Winona suggestions here: 

And that’s really all she needs is a less Useless Spotlight.. it’s supposed to be one of her biggest investments to create and maintain yet it’s pretty pointless.

Also Yes, they should be able to be powered on or off like Ice-Flingo-Matic

2 hours ago, Bird Up said:

I always felt Winona should be able to repair weapons and armor as the fixer character. She could have her own exclusive crafting station made for repairing things.

Your idea doesnt really comply to her role. I think you're getting the idea of who she is wrong. She's a FIXER, not a blacksmith. She knows her way around certain tools mostly commonly used in physical working areas or own household ( hammer, screwdriver, drill ). In Winona's case she has the knowledge of general working with machinery, how to use and craft it, but not only that, building and tinkering are her interests. I agree with the gens being able to turn on and off idea, but the station of her own is argueable, i'd rather go for somekind of toolkit of her own than station that she constantly would need to go to in order to do anything, instead of being flexible and having her things with her. But that's just my view.

31 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

How about making a character worth playing for a longer time? Nerfing the celestial portal won't change anything.

Okay fine, Only Winona can craft and use Winona’s Duct Tape.

And as inside joke to the old saying “Plumbers Tape fixes Everything!”

Thats exactly what Winona’s Tape should do..

Clothing, Umbrellas, Dying Thermal Stones, Leaking Boats, (Already fixes all these)

With the Re-Rework though it will now also fix- Damaged Tools, Wigfrid Battle Helms, AND Burned down Structures.

Want to craft a bunch as Winona then Ditch her to play as someone else? You can’t.. only Winona is smart enough to know how to use it to its full potential.

6 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Your idea doesnt really comply to her role. I think you're getting the idea of who she is wrong. She's a FIXER, not a blacksmith. She knows her way around certain tools mostly commonly used in physical working areas or own household ( hammer, screwdriver, drill ). In Winona's case she has the knowledge of general working with machinery, how to use and craft it, but not only that, building and tinkering are her interests. I agree with the gens being able to turn on and off idea, but the station of her own is argueable, i'd rather go for somekind of toolkit of her own than station that she constantly would need to go to in order to do anything, instead of being flexible and having her things with her. But that's just my view.

maxresdefault.jpg

I know its just a skin but cmon, "Blacksmith Winona"

Even though it's probably not in Klei's current interest to go back, I'm just thankful Winona is in a better state than before. I rarely see her being used, but when she is, she can be a treat with the tape. Maybe in later content updates they could trickle in a few new things for her and other unique crafting tab characters (i.e: Winona's Engineering, Wormwood's Green Thumb, Wickerbottom's Books, Wendy's soon to be Ectoherbology, etc.)

The tabs already exist, why not add more to em'? :wilson_smile:

As a Winona main, I would trade all of her new benefits in exchange for duct tape that can repair tools, and the ability to raise the durability of tools and armour with the cost of extra ingredients and hunger with maybe the hammer.  I honestly never need the spotlight or the catapults as often as those benefits would be.

Edit: also having the duct tape work as a low grade healing item for wx

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay fine, Only Winona can craft and use Winona’s Duct Tape.

And as inside joke to the old saying “Plumbers Tape fixes Everything!”

Thats exactly what Winona’s Tape should do..

Clothing, Umbrellas, Dying Thermal Stones, Leaking Boats, (Already fixes all these)

With the Re-Rework though it will now also fix- Damaged Tools, Wigfrid Battle Helms, AND Burned down Structures.

Want to craft a bunch as Winona then Ditch her to play as someone else? You can’t.. only Winona is smart enough to know how to use it to its full potential.

I don't think nerfing Winona would be a good way to make her less of a switch character. Repairing armor and weapons might be a bit useful if you want to save your thulecite gear, but other then that it's pretty useless. Congrats, you repaired your football helmet and saved 1 pig skin. 

Winona needs another ability that makes her more useful to play as and gives incentive for people to play as her. Nerfing her to make her abilities character specific would work but would be annoying to Winona mains (I'm assuming if you main Winona you like that your friends can turn your structures on for you, if not, mb) and people playing with a Winona.

Look at Wigfrid for example. If she didn't have her combat buffs she would also be a switch character. Just switch to Wigfrid, make the armor/weapons you have to make, and switch back. I personally do this when I'm trying to save on pig skin, but I'm missing out on the character by doing that. This makes Wigfrid not a switch character. 

If anything is done to Winona, it should be something to make her 'switchyness' more like Wigfrids, aka give her a buff. Imagine if Wigfrid could only make her armor and weapons. No combat buffs. She would obviously be a switch character, but imagine if to fix this klei made it so that only she could wear her armor and weapons. Yeah. No.

1 hour ago, PrezPara said:

I don't think nerfing Winona would be a good way to make her less of a switch character. Repairing armor and weapons might be a bit useful if you want to save your thulecite gear, but other then that it's pretty useless. Congrats, you repaired your football helmet and saved 1 pig skin. 

Winona needs another ability that makes her more useful to play as and gives incentive for people to play as her. Nerfing her to make her abilities character specific would work but would be annoying to Winona mains (I'm assuming if you main Winona you like that your friends can turn your structures on for you, if not, mb) and people playing with a Winona.

Look at Wigfrid for example. If she didn't have her combat buffs she would also be a switch character. Just switch to Wigfrid, make the armor/weapons you have to make, and switch back. I personally do this when I'm trying to save on pig skin, but I'm missing out on the character by doing that. This makes Wigfrid not a switch character. 

If anything is done to Winona, it should be something to make her 'switchyness' more like Wigfrids, aka give her a buff. Imagine if Wigfrid could only make her armor and weapons. No combat buffs. She would obviously be a switch character, but imagine if to fix this klei made it so that only she could wear her armor and weapons. Yeah. No.

I think what mike is trying to say is that all the stuff that can be repaired rn with tape, to leave as it is for all characters to use it, BUT, to be able to use it beyond that, as in repair weapons, armor, etc. only Winona can.

I liked the idea of the repair kit, and I would add perhaps hammers to repair weapons and armor, as in a specific hammer to repair weapons and one for armor, of course only usable by Winona.

I've been playing alot of winona recently and I always rush a bunny catapult farm and never have to worry about food. I think she is in an alright spot but could maybe use some q.o.l tweaks. Her catapults not damaging player structures like walls would go a long way 

Archived