Hi!
I'm Aki. I'm a relatively new modder, started in 2019 December, mainly focusing on custom art assets and original content. So far I have released one mod on my own, and contributed a little bit to 3 released mods on Steam. 

My Asphalt mod on Steam:
image.png.3df33c15653d89ec6dcbe2dc654bc49d.png

Asphalt on Github

Mods I have contributed some artwork to:
Extra Marble Sculptures by CynicalBusiness
Thermo Sensor Tile by Stephen
Alarm - Notification Trigger by Cairath

I'm currently working on a new, more ambitious mod centered all around decor buildings and new decor options. This mod has been in development for about a month now. I'm trying to make sure most of these buildings have additional use and function beyond just being pretty.

I will update new completed buildings here and post the test versions when I have one ready.
For now, here is some sneaky previews:

image.thumb.png.d4f45919131e7872c8754b3f76a1aff6.png

image.png.d8e815baec17ef3fe0101001c6593317.pngtiles.gif.4ea4ed60bd0bf417e1bb515e73bf4a94.gif
(Yes the default tiles have bad tiling. Won't stay like that)

This is all for now, thank you for looking!
Feedback, suggestions and alike are welcome.

pip.png.d485ba1de68312d44edf65a07adc9443.png

5 hours ago, Mantak said:

If I have a cat, I will name it as  AKI !!! Ohh, well I have a cat but she already has name: Prczyk. Sorry . But your work is really grat.

Well, sounds like it's time for a second cat then :3

Worked on churning out some art today: 
Tiles tiles tiles tiles tiles tiles tiles lamp
image.thumb.png.b3ab0d0af103df698e0a9727d27d1b39.png

These tiles will be different based on what material they are built out of, straight from the building menu. I don't really know if melty slime tiles can really count though.

I'm a big fan of your art & work around ONI.

And trust me, as a moderator of the french ONI discord, your style is very much appreciated among french community.

Keep it up !!

PS : this Pip is wonderful !

smalldoor.gif.7981a46dad2887b1e3c2e8a33e74efe5.gif

maybe.

Yes this is based on Nightingale-s Half Door mod. His mods however appear abandoned, the automation broke on them, and are licenced under GNU GPL 3 which allows for derivates.

Also, my mod would add a lot more than just these. I'm not re-releasing an existing mod just for the sake of it.

PS. I did try to contact Nightingale in the past if they would want custom assets for the doors, but these attempts were unsuccesful. If they do return to modding before i finish my door mod, I will be more than happy to provide the anims to update his mod instead.

Asphalt mod v1.1 preview download (local install) available!
https://github.com/aki-art/ONI-Asphalt-Tile/releases/tag/v1.1-beta

Anyone up for testing and letting me know how it goes would be extremely appreciated.
I hope to push this to the Steam workshop in 1-2 days as I iron out any bugs that may surface.

New features are:

• Auto Sweepers and Sweepy can now pick up Bitumen.
  • Hatches can eat Bitumen
  • Bitumen can now be used to build Tempshift Plates and Wallpapers (configurable color for latter)
  • New Mod settings UI
  • New option: Nuke mod. Replace asphalt tiles with regular (sandstone) tiles on the next World load. Useful if you plan to uninstall the mod permanently.
    • This option will only apply once and then disable itself. If you don't use this, the missing asphalt will just leave regular 200kg deposits of solid vanilla bitumen behind, which isn't the end of the world, but as vanilla bitumen cannot be stored it may cause unwanted unsweepable clutter.
    • Option to remove all bitumen from world, which can greatly reduce useless clutter once the mod is gone.
      • Option to refund some Oil if you feel you lost out on resources.
    • If you just want to reinstall the mod, do not use this option.
  • Changing mod settings no longer requires restart
  • Updated framework to 4.0
  • No longer using Plib
  • Cleaned up logging (although this debug version will not reflect that, the final release will)

New UI:

image.png.25bedd5eef0053a3c55f87bef16bdc6a.png

New nuking options to help uninstalling the mod:

image.png.7b5ee496a037535c790c8943bca8c1d6.png

Love your mods! They're really well crafted and the artwork is pristine :)

But since you asked for suggestions: I had this Idea when I got back into ONI today:

More Duplicant-Traits!
- Green Thumb: +3 Farming
- Animal-Lover: +3 Husbandry (can't eat meat?)
- Architect: +3 Building

I always found it a bit weird that all other "professions" got a special trait (like "Gourmet","Decorator","Digger" etc.) but not these. 

11 hours ago, WafflyNimb said:

Love your mods! They're really well crafted and the artwork is pristine :)

But since you asked for suggestions: I had this Idea when I got back into ONI today:

More Duplicant-Traits!
- Green Thumb: +3 Farming
- Animal-Lover: +3 Husbandry (can't eat meat?)
- Architect: +3 Building

I always found it a bit weird that all other "professions" got a special trait (like "Gourmet","Decorator","Digger" etc.) but not these. 

Thank you for the mod request. I think this would be a cool idea to post in the forum thread, or the mod ideas section of the ONI Discord.
I'm afraid I'm not the right guy to request tweak mods, I'm only interested in content mods, and my todo list is very long already. 

I have some really fun stuff in the plans for the future! :3
I'm open to suggestions about my current mods, especially the one I'm developing currently, the Interior Decoration mod. But I can't really take on more mods in the meanwhile, sorry.

But, speaking of suggestions, here is something I'm looking for ideas on. (From anyone really, this forum just merged my posts)

One of my new buildings is called the Fossil display.
It's made from fossil, and has to be assembled by a scientist, much like a sculpture by an artist. They also have a positive area effect, so they are'nt just there to be pretty.

Here are my completed variations. An empty base, and two masterworks: 

unknown.png
(note: soda machine is for scale, it is, in fact, not a fossil)

I was wondering, what other creatures should I add?

These displays should be either long extinct, in the universe of ONI (maybe Don't starve), or hybrids of existing animals. I won't consider regular modern animals other than the pacu, or humans/dupes.

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

This thread?

Nope, that's a different author-s own thread for their morph mods. This one is just one morph for my own mod that will center around a new element, not related to them.

My God, when do you update your new work? I've been waiting for a long time. I come in almost every day to see if you have any new messages. This time, I specially registered an account to ask you to update it as soon as possible. The glass statue you designed is very beautiful. I'm looking forward to it.

On 5/5/2020 at 2:39 AM, O.J.Vodka said:

My God, when do you update your new work? I've been waiting for a long time. I come in almost every day to see if you have any new messages. This time, I specially registered an account to ask you to update it as soon as possible. The glass statue you designed is very beautiful. I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you very much! It means a lot people are waiting on the mod. I do wish i could work faster haha.

Development on my mods takes a long time, these are relatively large mods i develop all alone, and the art is taking a long time to produce. The mod with the glass statues has been in development for over 4 months now, I don't see myself finishing before late summer, I am however trying to put together a smaller local alpha release with half of it's content ready in the coming weeks *crosses fingers*.

The mod for the drecko above will also take me some time to get around, that mod suffers from a case of scope creep i need to address and cut back on, but i expect to release in 1-2 months (hopefully ).

Please note that these time frames are rough estimates and I cannot promise to hold to them right now. Last week was the first week i took off for a break from modding since starting, I'm making slow but steady progress. ^^

On 6/21/2020 at 6:06 PM, O.J.Vodka said:

作者很久都没有更新了,(´;︵;`)The author hasn't been updated for a long time.

Just had to go on a hiatus due to serious health concerns and other life reasons. I'm hoping to get back into modding very soon now, I cannot promise anything just yet. Thank you for liking my mods and waiting on updates. ^^
(Google translate) 由于严重的健康问题和其他生活原因,不得不休假。我希望现在能尽快恢复正常,但我目前还无法保证。感谢您喜欢我的模组并等待更新。 ^^

On 6/21/2020 at 11:39 PM, SharraShimada said:

I´m pretty sure, the author itself wont get any updates. 

I could use some though. :P

Updated Plastic door to v1.3

Change notes:

- Added translation for Chinese, Portuguese and Japanese
- Added Insulation and Isoresin as material options
- Added sound effects to door
- Changed construction mass to 400kg
- Updated in-game description (english) to be more clear about the behaviour.
- Tweaked temperature insulation mechanics, door should now be more accurate.
- Fix: Tiles built in place of deconstructed plastic doors no longer allows dupes to phase through the wall.
- Fix: Fixed a crash when a dupe would be forced to move into a door while avoiding to fall.
- Fix: Duplicant chores weren't properly updating when the door state was changed in debug mode or while the game was paused.
- Fix: Fixed a crash when a duplicant was passing at the exact moment of deconstructing the door.

And now to work on something spookier :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for your work!  I love ONI but felt that the standard decor buildings and textures were really lacking in some areas.  You do really good work, I hope it's as much fun for you to make these as it is for all of us to use them and explore :)

11 hours ago, mi3f said:

Thank you so much for your work!  I love ONI but felt that the standard decor buildings and textures were really lacking in some areas.  You do really good work, I hope it's as much fun for you to make these as it is for all of us to use them and explore :)

To be honest, it's too much fun and I end up barely finishing my mods because I don't want to stop workin on them :joyous:

----------------------

Meanwhile a little something to be released later this week:
image.png.67bbeb09afed986b4004a7ec40a955ea.png

Archived