On topic "Tips on how to be Courteous to Fellow Players"

On 4/23/2022 at 4:15 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Wurt and Wormwood should NEVER need the Eyebrella during Autumn or Spring.. LEARN TO SHARE PEOPLE…

Me freezing to death on pub in mid Spring as Wurt due to rain disagrees...

Wurts can start to freeze when wet from rain very early in Autumn and in Spring till halfway before Summer starts

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 4

On 3/1/2020 at 4:58 PM, Mrklli said:

WHY ON EARTH DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP YOUR SERVERS PUBLIC IF YOU KICK/BAN EVERYONE WHO JOIN??? Just asking...

*takes a deep breath and tries to get calm*

Seriously, I typically load for ages every time I join a server and it really is not nice to get insta-kicked for the fifth time on the same day... Do the people who do that get something out of it? Please show some consideration and politeness... It's ok if you didn't mean to go public, just tell me and I'll go and after that please fix your mistake.

Well answering your question Klei Dont ban people from his public servers, only the players inside the servers can ban anyone ho starts troling and greefing*  if you dont burn other players stufs or steal items on cooperative servers then shouldnt be any problem

but if you do the answer is obvious 

19 hours ago, kliveran said:

Well answering your question Klei Dont ban people from his public servers, only the players inside the servers can ban anyone ho starts troling and greefing*  if you dont burn other players stufs or steal items on cooperative servers then shouldnt be any problem

but if you do the answer is obvious 

Mrklli probably refers to people who host a world, and make it public despite wanting to play with friends only. There are (non-Klei hosted) servers where you get banned the moment you join, before you could even pick a character. Some people forget (or don't even know?) to set a password or make their words friends-only.

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Mrklli probably refers to people who host a world, and make it public despite wanting to play with friends only. There are (non-Klei hosted) servers where you get banned the moment you join, before you could even pick a character. Some people forget (or don't even know?) to set a password or make their words friends-only.

They are not "made public". Public is the default so people either don't know you can change it or simply forget to. There's the option to slap a password on it but that becomes really annoying.

Best option is to set it to friends only, but it is understandable why klei wanted to default to public.

@Mrklli

On 5/13/2022 at 6:40 PM, fimmatek said:

@reallychina

This exactly is what i meant. It becomes a problem if you have longer loading times when joining a server, and it's 5th insta ban that day.... So annoying. There are different settings to choose from if you don't want to play with random people, and they really are not that hard to find when generating a world. If you've chosen the wrong one, the courteous thing to do would be to say "sorry my mistake, I wanted to play alone/with friends only". No need to be rude, I've wasted time because of your incorrect publicity settings, it's nicer to say something first.

A feature suggestion: when the host kicks/bans a newly joined player, the game could offer a dialog to change these settings immediately, without having to restart the server or spend time digging through unfamiliar menus. After that just a quick automatic reload, and no more annoyances to anybody.

• Like 7
  • Health 1

Okay this is exactly what I came here for! I have only played on LAN with my kids 8-13, soooo I'm not certain what is okay and what is not, what's expected of me etc.  I'd love to play with other people that I don't have to constantly make tools for, feed, rescue, etc.  I just want to build a nice little base, farm, see other people and hopefully have a slight chance of making it through all 4 seasons 1 time without getting curb stomped by a boss.  That would be super cool. :)  I'm 42, a mom, and a little out of the loop on cooperative games that don't involve someone yelling "Mom I need food!" and then crying because they got killed by a frog.  Anyone have some tips? I play on PC through Steam too, if that helps.  

• Like 5
  • Hunger 1
  • Big Ups 1

I kind of wish the Lunar Grimoire didn't force Woodie players to transform. As someone who often plays Woodie on pubs, I have a love/hate relationship with Wickerbottom's refresh because if the person playing Wickerbottom makes two of those and uses them to make every night a full moon, I'm literally forced to leave the server because my stats are constantly getting nuked by me being forcibly transformed into random things every night. 

So, yeah, if you're playing Wicker, maybe don't make those when a Woodie is on the server, or at least let him know you're gonna be making it a full moon (and have a reason for doing so, like werepig farming). 

• Like 1

ok so sometimes ill kick someone if its deerclops, or antlion attacking cuz its spawn base, and ill also kick if there's to much lag for my xbox to handle

also i had a wes grief and a wortox gobbler fan so i banned both

• Shopcat 2

On 3/1/2020 at 6:40 PM, Mike23Ua said:

For the record, you guys are hating on Willow just to hate.. ANYONE can build a torch.

Ive had Willows join my game and actually be helpful while staying silent, by you know.. cooking me food with her lighter or using Bernie to draw away Crawling Horror & Terrorbeak.

I myself have fallen victim to accidentally burning a base down, but it’s not out of intentional reason.. it’s because Button Binding on Xbox One can sometimes cause you to burn the nearest object while your trying to do something else.

Dont believe me? Drop an inventory full of stuff on the ground and hold a fire staff in your hand.. now drop said fire staff as well, NOW try picking everything back up and watch what happens.

I did have a WES join my session once and attempt to grief in a very unique way by building a million balloons around my pig houses and then setting them off, each balloon that popped was doing damage to my stuff.. so Yeah #BewareofWes, not only does his current Playstyle absolutely freaking suck... but his Balloons do nothing but help him Grief.

Willow herself is an amazing character, I would even say underrated, shes easily B or A Tier. I've met a Willow main player that was one of the best and most friendly players I have seen in this game, she was constantly crafting bears to gift and even making safe places in all different bases, saving people from nightmares, farming lots of fuel and mobs, **** like that.

But the thing with Willow is that shes also technically the "best" character to grief a base. Like literally. Some griefers try to be "original" about it, but 90% is usually just enter server > find base > burn it > leave, that's it. And as dumb as it may sound yes, some griefers I have seen try to be "efficient" about it, like a speedrun you could say. I have even seen some griefers take advantages of natural paths to go straight to oasis or pk where theres usually a base. And the easiest season to do that is autumn because you can just explore the world without having to manage temperatures and ****.

AND, Willow technically makes it easier for players to start both in winter or summer. Winter because she has the lighter and can stand right under a burning tree. And summer because she has overheating resistance. And well yea she sadly became a meme to the point most people ban any person that dares pick Willow when entering the server, which imo is kind of dumb because griefing is easily fixable with an admin and I saw even Wurt and Wormwood players griefing a base LMAO.

• Big Ups 1

On 4/23/2022 at 10:15 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Now that WX78 has a more harsh downside with rain/wetness- it is more important than ever that players who can survive without protective rain gear to give the Rain gear to WX78.

Wurt and Wormwood should NEVER need the Eyebrella during Autumn or Spring.. LEARN TO SHARE PEOPLE…

that’s the “Together” part of Don’t Starve Together.

I mean, sure I'd be willing to share the eyebrella if we so happen to fail summoning multiple deerclopses for more eyes, else I'd make a raincoat too and is easier  with wurt

but to say they NEVER need it is false

people freeze in full wetness especially during early-mid spring and autumn and being wet spoils food faster and makes wormwood drop tools and weapons

Wurt can't just magically have a sunfish before summer btw, so your views on their perks is just wrong

As a Webber main I think a good tip is don’t kick based on character stereotypes

and banning should be a last resort because it prevents people from redeeming themselves so just kick  if you have to kick at all because in my experience  most the people who kicked or banned me just up and decided they didn’t like me out of nowhere which in my opinion is a genitalia move 

Edited by Dr.Webber
  • Sad Dupe 1

On 11/26/2023 at 9:41 AM, mykenception said:

I mean, sure I'd be willing to share the eyebrella if we so happen to fail summoning multiple deerclopses for more eyes, else I'd make a raincoat too and is easier  with wurt

but to say they NEVER need it is false

people freeze in full wetness especially during early-mid spring and autumn and being wet spoils food faster and makes wormwood drop tools and weapons

Wurt can't just magically have a sunfish before summer btw, so your views on their perks is just wrong. 

You know that thermal stones exist right? 

1 minute ago, Walterscool said:

You know that thermal stones exist right? 

Thermal stones are less effective in spring and autumn. Given the fact that it's also a hassle to maintain thermals than just not be wet. I'd give up the eyebrella as a last resort if the wx player can trade me with an umbrella or a raincoat. That's the farthest I'd compromise in this situation 

On 5/13/2022 at 9:40 AM, reallychina said:

They are not "made public". Public is the default so people either don't know you can change it or simply forget to. There's the option to slap a password on it but that becomes really annoying.

Best option is to set it to friends only, but it is understandable why klei wanted to default to public.

@Mrklli

A simple fix would be to allow people to change the default - that way when they make new worlds they don't have to remember to set it to private

You can still have it default to public out the box, but they should be able to change the default moving forward

• Like 1

My brain works sometimes,Here’s my bias or tips below, I guess. All the knowledge I could gather and remember, having bad memory. I might edit this to fix stuff or add it.

Personal tips that you DONT have to use:

- to seem productive in the server before doing your own thing is to help other people on the server first (if they want help).

- to make seem like a useful and crafty player, make a good storage system if the server is going to be long term! (Your friends will thank you and spend 75% less time scrambling through chests IMO.) personally use mini signs and columns, might just be me though. Also making productive farms, but the only thing I can think that is productive is a enclosed turkey pen or werepig farm,

- Sometimes, Your tedious tasks are relaxing. I like chilling for hours on end hold the X button (I’m on console Ed.) to get resources. My favorite is mining petrified forests, but chopping burnt trees is a close second.

• Like 2

Don't take the food out of a Warly's crock pot, especially not special food. It's not yours unless you're told you can have it. Goes for crock pots in general unless you're about to die and its meatballs or something cheap

Edited by Just Ragnar
good reason here
  • Like 1
  • Hunger 1

On 3/1/2020 at 4:40 PM, Mike23Ua said:

For the record, you guys are hating on Willow just to hate.. ANYONE can build a torch.

Ive had Willows join my game and actually be helpful while staying silent, by you know.. cooking me food with her lighter or using Bernie to draw away Crawling Horror & Terrorbeak.

I myself have fallen victim to accidentally burning a base down, but it’s not out of intentional reason.. it’s because Button Binding on Xbox One can sometimes cause you to burn the nearest object while your trying to do something else.

Dont believe me? Drop an inventory full of stuff on the ground and hold a fire staff in your hand.. now drop said fire staff as well, NOW try picking everything back up and watch what happens.

I did have a WES join my session once and attempt to grief in a very unique way by building a million balloons around my pig houses and then setting them off, each balloon that popped was doing damage to my stuff.. so Yeah #BewareofWes, not only does his current Playstyle absolutely freaking suck... but his Balloons do nothing but help him Grief.

But Wes mains are normally polite and don't take much from you as no one helps them and they are fine about it because only more experienced players are playing wes