In the past I thought heat management is hard, now I feel like the strongest enemy/challange in the game is...

18 hours ago, meepmoop said:

the 1000th cycle lag.

The game gives you perfect tools, to fix that problem!

1.Ignore space
2. Remove all rails
3. Reduce automation (only gen on off / smart battery allowed)
4. Kill all critters
5. Store all debris at one spot
6. Only one path

7. Reduce dupe numbers below 10.
8. Seperate schedule for all your dupes

9. Fill empty space of map with neutrinum.

Easy pompiesy

30 minutes ago, psusi said:

I'm around 700 cycles now with 16 dupes and trying to switch rockets to LOX and still no lag.

Too soon. It will reach you at some point if you keep playing that save.

Was it always like that? I have fond memories of QoL. I don't know if my memory fails or if I didn't stick that long to my bases but I remember the game being smoother.

1 hour ago, Ixenzo said:

The best way to avoid lag is to not play the game.

No need to be sarcastic.
Some of us, are trying to help and create monetized tutorials.
Brain sickness could cause permanent lag, even when a NASA computer is used, to compute a game.

Yes, my brain lagged watching this now the game feels just... right. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

No need to be sarcastic.
Some of us, are trying to help and create monetized tutorials.
Brain sickness could cause permanent lag, even when a NASA computer is used, to compute a game.

5 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

I'm currently playing a 128x192 map. It seems promising.

Yeah my current map is a small one, not sure of the exact size though, its on slicksteria, a modded arboria map. Is there an easy way to check the world size?

9 minutes ago, KILLABUDZ said:

Yeah my current map is a small one, not sure of the exact size though, its on slicksteria, a modded arboria map. Is there an easy way to check the world size?

For vanilla worlds it is Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\worlds

I think it must be same path for modded worlds.

You can edit the world size through .yaml file with note pad.

55 minutes ago, caffeinated21 said:

Not to choose in main game; you have to edit a settings file (see above)

Apparently there are two different sizes for vanilla worlds: 384x384 and 256x384. I say apparently because I'm not sure which worlds are Helicona and The Rock. I think the latter is Badlands. But yeah, there is no UI to set the size of a map, it just generates standard if you don't modify the yaml files or have a mod to do so.

I like to invent my own challenges.  For example, starting Volcanea with Volcanoes, Magma Channels, Geoactive, and metal poor.  Or Rime with Frozen Core, Geodormant, and large boulders.  Or starting with high hunger, stress, and disease while taking low morale.  Without care packages.

43 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

I like to invent my own challenges.  For example, starting Volcanea with Volcanoes, Magma Channels, Geoactive, and metal poor.  Or Rime with Frozen Core, Geodormant, and large boulders.  Or starting with high hunger, stress, and disease while taking low morale.  Without care packages.

I never take care packages, not as a way to make it harder. I just think care packages take a lot of the uniqueness of the map itself since you can get almost anything through them. Also makes space more worthwhile since you wont always have sleet wheat or wolframite.

I also feel that both moral and disease are so insugnificent I like to crank them up a bit.

With the default moral you could literally just have a national park outside your base and the basic roomsets (great hall, barracks and washroom) and never worry about it ever again. even taking useless skills for the dupes.

Archived