reflexion about some mobs

With the new lunar biome i get excited to see that desing in spiders but why will i fight a stronger spider if the loot is the same? Just for having fun but this is a survival game, we should take the safer way to farm and farming regular spiders its so much safe than lunar spiders and has the exactly same % drops, spider caves unless has bones in their dens but lunar spiders should drop something unique like glass (i know their den drops glass but i dont want to destroy the only non renewable). 

Also happens with Varg, why fight him when i have a chest with 400 fangs? He should arrive sometimes instead of hound waves in mid/late game

" i dont have to fight dragonfly but she makes my life more confortable" that should be goal of fighting not required mobs: LOOT

Deerclops should be so agressive to the players, its anticlimatic to looking for the monster when spawns instead of running from the monster. Its less scary if you look after the monster. Bearger should has more glutony against players food farms and fridge. 

And i  think that bosses like dragonfly, bee queen, etc (bosses that you can fight when you are ready) kills the survival experience. Yeah, Dragonfly and Beequen has more than 20K hp but i got time to farm 20 log suits and 40 dragonpie so where is the challenge? Dont miss understand me (easy with my poor english :p) I like those bosses but I think we dont need more. Albatross its an example, I had navigate for days and the only true danger found are rocks, Albatros should come like deerclop but in sea or let albatross being mad when you fish and add a sea boss that follows you when you are sealing for so long. 

Antlion doing earthquakes if you dont feed/kill him its a great example of what  i want, better than summer boss of RoG (dragonfly). In reing of giants every giant comes to you but they change it in dst, i love how they change moose and dragonfly and adding antlion as summer boss

17 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

With the new lunar biome i get excited to see that desing in spiders but why will i fight a stronger spider if the loot is the same? Just for having fun but this is a survival game, we should take the safer way to farm and farming regular spiders its so much safe than lunar spiders and has the exactly same % drops, spider caves unless has bones in their dens but lunar spiders should drop something unique like glass (i know their den drops glass but i dont want to destroy the only non renewable). 

I think the shattered spiders are to add more difficult enemies to the Lunar Island. But I do agree, they should at least have a chance to drop glass.

Also happens with Varg, why fight him when i have a chest with 400 fangs? He should arrive sometimes instead of hound waves in mid/late game

The varg exists to add a risk to following hunts. Having a nice koalefant at the end of every hunt would be too easy, which is why the varg exists. It's purpose is to add a possible challenge. Plus, in the lategame, you can make a red and blue gem farm with vargs.

And i  think that bosses like dragonfly, bee queen, etc (bosses that you can fight when you are ready) kills the survival experience. Yeah, Dragonfly and Beequen has more than 20K hp but i got time to farm 20 log suits and 40 dragonpie so where is the challenge?

The challenge is it the bosses' attacks. Trying to face tank any raid boss isn't a good idea unless you have a whole gang of people, so you do have to learn the phases and attack patterns if you're playing with a few people, or even solo. Although I do somewhat agree, once you have the kiting patterns and timing down, most bosses are pretty easy.

1 hour ago, Tuesday Pidgeon said:

I think the shattered spiders are to add more difficult enemies to the Lunar Island. But I do agree, they should at least have a chance to drop glass.

The varg exists to add a risk to following hunts. Having a nice koalefant at the end of every hunt would be too easy, which is why the varg exists. It's purpose is to add a possible challenge. Plus, in the lategame, you can make a red and blue gem farm with vargs.

The challenge is it the bosses' attacks. Trying to face tank any raid boss isn't a good idea unless you have a whole gang of people, so you do have to learn the phases and attack patterns if you're playing with a few people, or even solo. Although I do somewhat agree, once you have the kiting patterns and timing down, most bosses are pretty easy.

yeah, i like the way varg shows up but i would like a change in hound waves adding the chance of getting a varg coming to you. When you follow hunts and shows up a varg you can choose not fight him (the times i fight him was because fun, in late you are full of gems and teeths) but in coming in  a hound wave make him less easy to evade.

for combat bosses: i evade atacks but i have a some armor and heals to prevent die, an amount that i know will be enough so makes it more easy than "omg deerclops coming and i forgot to make an armor"

Bosses like Antlion and Deerclops are not what i actually think are good for the game.

New players getting killed by Deerclops and not knowing what they did wrong, i have a friend who lost base two times and restarted the world both times as there's no info in the game on when he spawns and he didn't associate it with the day/night cycle after he died to it the first time.

He is not dumb, not using the wiki is the way i think this game is supposed to be played, its just so much easier once you know what to do and learning and getting there on your own is what is fun. Obviously after you can survive 150-200 days, you can look up on wiki or youtube guides for most efficient ways.

Antlion is a boss that doesn't give you any useful items for solo players, only a building that can be useful if you actually have a reasonable group of players, this is why such a boss should never interact with player on its own, and i never kill him.

Dragonfly is infinitely more fun boss to kill and learning how to kite and do it  correctly without taking damage is so intuitive compared to other bosses that are easy to dodge or you just tank.

Bee Queen is another boss i dislike, i can solo it with wolfgang by spending quite a lot of resources as it was made for teamplay, otherwise you just use  tentacles or catapults like any normal person that wants to farm her for jellybeans and honeycomb for more bundle wraps.

48 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Bosses like Antlion and Deerclops are not what i actually think are good for the game.

New players getting killed by Deerclops and not knowing what they did wrong, i have a friend who lost base two times and restarted the world both times as there's no info in the game on when he spawns and he didn't associate it with the day/night cycle after he died to it the

dont starves spirit is that . 

In RoG EVERY boss do that and worse (dragonfly also burn it all)

2 hours ago, thetricker1 said:

dont starves spirit is that . 

In RoG EVERY boss do that and worse (dragonfly also burn it all)

Don't starve ROG Dragonfly has 2750 health but DST is 27500 health, maybe think about that for a second before making such a reply?

Also DST Dragonfly deals double damage when enraged.

Anyone can kill ROG Dragonfly easily by tanking it, most players don't ever kill it in DST.

2 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Don't starve ROG Dragonfly has 2750 health but DST is 27500 health, maybe think about that for a second before making such a reply?

Also DST Dragonfly deals double damage when enraged.

Anyone can kill ROG Dragonfly easily by tanking it, most players don't ever kill it in DST.

I think the point he was making was that giants showing up at your base uninvited is the whole theme of RoG. They are intended to wreck your base.

Also, how would you tank DS Dragonfly easily knowing it’s constantly enraged? I’d die very quickly to fire damage.

4 minutes ago, mistrbushido said:

I think the point he was making was that giants showing up at your base uninvited is the whole theme of RoG. They are intended to wreck your base.

Also, how would you tank DS Dragonfly easily knowing it’s constantly enraged? I’d die very quickly to fire damage.

and has heat aura+ fire damage when the fight is in summer, not when you please like in dst but he is talking nonsense so..

3 minutes ago, mistrbushido said:

Just place 2 firepits and she won't be able to walk to you and you'll also be able to dodge her enrage fire damage and normal attacks, easily without getting hit once.

Just now, 00petar00 said:

Just place 2 firepits and she won't be able to walk to you and you'll also be able to dodge her enrage fire damage and normal attacks, easily without getting hit once.

exploiting :)

all of this talk its about better combat stuff, exploits kills the fun of fighting. DST dragonfly its easier then, just make a wall and hit dragonfly 6 times and run, do it without armor and get a pan flute...

9 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

exploiting :)

Why do you think it is possible to do DS and not DST? Klei could've easily fixed it. That doesn't require any resources and easiest way to kill, not as if it is hard to kill her with the bell.

Anyway, anything that is possible to do in the game, people will do it and i use the most efficient ways to do it. Nothing wrong with it.

Also you may reconsider if it is exploiting as you can use 2 rocks as well and you aren't placing anything but using terrain to your advantage in this case. I just said firepits because that is what came to my mind as i used to do that instead of rocks.

8 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Why do you think it is possible to do DS and not DST? Klei could've easily fixed it. That doesn't require any resources and easiest way to kill, not as if it is hard to kill her with the bell.

Anyway, anything that is possible to do in the game, people will do it and i use the most efficient ways to do it. Nothing wrong with it.

but you cant say that a boss its easy because there is an exploit. Maybe klei dont fix it because you dont have to do it if you dont want, waste of time for nothing important

i dont blame you for use it (i use some tricks when i fight raid bosses alone) but you cant say for example that ancient guardian its a boring fight because its only press Fwhen you stuck him,  if you fight him fairly its a so cool fight with that damage and speed

Just now, thetricker1 said:

but you cant say that a boss its easy because there is an exploit. Maybe klei dont fix it because you dont have to do it if you dont want, waste of time for nothing important

You may not have read what i added as i edited my post. It is possible to do without building but using terrain like 2 rocks close to eachother, will you consider it an exploit as well?

How do you find killing Dragonfly with 2750 hp comparable to one with 27500.

3 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

How do you find killing Dragonfly with 2750 hp comparable to one with 27500.

with exploits? yes

2750 damage and shows up randomly in summer

27500 when you carry 3242 armor and healing but i didnt open this thread to compare this dragonflies anyways i like a lot both and i like that RoG and DST are differents. I had mention dragonfly of rog because you complain about deerclops showing up and killing noobs (stuff that i had enjoy alot when i started play this game)

Just now, thetricker1 said:

with exploits? yes

2750 damage and shows up randomly

27500 when you carry 3242 armor and healing but i didnt open this thread to compare this dragonflies anyways i like a lot both and i like that RoG and DST are differents. I had mention dragonfly of rog because you complain about deerclops showing up and killing noobs (stuff that i had enjoy alot when i started play this game)

The question is, is it still an exploit if you use the terrain? You didn't answer this yet, as i don't think you can say that it is.

19 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

The question is, is it still an exploit if you use the terrain? You didn't answer this yet, as i don't think you can say that it is.

giphy.gif

this is an use of the terrain too, right?

call it exploit, trick or whatever. It makes the fight easier, you choose how easy you want it (the same with tools, healing and mobs army)

Well this is a mess.

First off I think that shattered spiders aren't meant to be farmed. They're meant as a "Please go away" sign. I mean, you get spiders almost everytime you try to break their den! I believe that it's purpose is to simply ward off players. The glass drop is nice and logical though.

As for Vargs, they're meant as a possible risk when hunting. Just like the Ewecus and Shattered Spiders, it's meant as a "Go Away" sign to players. Why kill it? To get rid of it obviously. Otherwise the Varg/Ewecus basically owns a part of your map now. You kill them so you have access to the area they're guarding. Say the Varg/Ewecus spawned at the entrance to swamp or some important area. Now you have to kill it or lose access to that area forever. You get me?

For Deerboi... the running to him is based on experience. Instead of thinking "Im gonna die" like a noob, experienced players think "Oh yay eyebrella". You know this guy, how he acts, fights etc. He's nothing to you after you know how to kill him.

And you confused me with Dragonfly. You think she ruins the survival experience but you also liked how Klei reworked?

6 hours ago, Booklover said:

I dont think thatDF ruins the experience, i like variery of types of bosses but lately they only includes bosses that you have to look after when you want so you can be as prepare as you wish so the risk its so low. I fear a lot more RoG DF than DST, even with her 20K Hp. But i like that they change her to Antlion, its more original than a fire deerclops that comes in summer and the fight its so cool.

Im not talking about to remove these bosses (Bee queen its my favourite boss fight) i only want to talk about that we need more danger in late game. The 1st fight of the 1st winter vs deerclops its more dangerous (even when you have fight a lot of times against him) than other stronger bosses just because you have time limit to be prepare.

For Varg, im not talking about removing him from hunts, i like that but i dont like his loot and i think he could be include in hound waves to make then a little different (same hound waves since DS beta). But i like the idea you told of "now that map area is for him until i kill him" didnt take that in count.

What i want its something that makes me fell fear even in a 300 days world

Maybe lunar spiders are done in the way you said but i like the desing for a that i will ignore :/ Could be interesting if the lunar island was full of these pens so you cant be relaxe farming (like dark forest, you can chop in dusk because of the huge amount of spider dens)

On 12/30/2019 at 2:18 PM, thetricker1 said:

giphy.gif

this is an use of the terrain too, right?

call it exploit, trick or whatever. It makes the fight easier, you choose how easy you want it (the same with tools, healing and mobs army)

This doesn't work anymore. It was fixed really early in one of the RoT betas.

On 12/30/2019 at 8:45 AM, Viktor234 said:

You're not supposed to kill a Varg at all, they're used to make gem farms.

On 12/30/2019 at 8:45 AM, thetricker1 said:

they are used but they are not desinged for that

I had never heard of this strategy and looked it up on YouTube and Google. I found a video that said [OUTDATED] in the title, and I didn't see any super recent references come up on a Google search. 

Is this tactic still valid? Has anything changed to make it not possible? The video involved catapults, flings, a telelocator setup, and statue walls. I won't go into exact details but I can link the vid if needed.

I'm fairly sure gem farms aren't the intended purpose of vargs, I think their intended purpose is to add more danger to koalefant hunts for less advanced players (especially hunts that take you through high-traffic parts of the map, as you can stop following the footprints if you decide there's too much risk of a varg/ewecus spawning in the middle of your base or whatever and it's not worth the potential payoff). But it does come in handy to have an always-available source of elemental hounds that isn't limited to the desert and can be regenerated if something kills it, and that helps the footprint hunting mechanic stay relevant for expert players. I don't think the intended purpose is the most important thing about a game feature, it's more of an insight into why its mechanics work the way they do; as long as it's reasonably balanced and serves a useful purpose in some way, it doesn't matter that much whether everybody's using it in the way the developers originally intended.

Anyway: I'm not sure if vargs themselves can swim (I don't think they can?), but hounds can swim in the new Return of Them oceans, so varg farm designs built around forcing the hounds to spawn in an area where they can't reach players would need to be revised for Return of Them because coastlines are now a way for them to escape from a walled-in area, where previously they were a near-impenetrable barrier.

Archived