Fish trader / Fish Seller

I have an idea about fish trader :

- New Creature (like pig king - {Tusk Saller})
- he can exchange fish (depending on weight) with a variety of unique objects
- Tusk Saller can only be found on the lunar island and may only be available in winter / spring

and this is a list of fish and gifts that can be obtained from the fish exchange:
- Runty Guppy, Needlenosed Squirt (weight above 50.00)
 will get {1 of 3 items (3 healing salve or tentacle spike or 2 pigskin)}

- Bitty Baitfish, Smolt Fry (weight above 50.00)
will get {1 of 3 items (1 blow dart, 1 sleep dart, 1 lighting dart)

- Mudfish (weight above 180)
will get {new item (Rock bomb) {deal 100 damage + small area}}

- Deep Bass (weight above 200)
will get {new item (boomerang V2) {deal 40 damage + 30 use}}

- Dandy Lionfish (weight above 270)
will get {new item (football V2) {reduce damage 85% + HP 550}}

- Black Catfish (weight above 240)
will get { Pick / Axe }

- Corn Cod (weight above 200)
will get {Fish Tacos}

- Popperfish (all weight doesn't matter)
will get {3 seaweed)

and to make the game more interesting (tusk seller) has a house that must be repaired every winter (in the form of 4 boards + 2 sea fish + 5 seaweed)

can only exchange 15 times for 1 season (max 30/2 seasons (winter + spring))

30 sanity is reduced every time we exchange goods (it doesn't matter because we're on lunar island)

and 2 new items from Malbatross
tent bed from malbatross feathers (increasing hp and sanity faster) and can be used 15 times

the beak of the malbatross spear
(Can be thrown with 80 damage)

with this adventure in the sea will be exciting for more frequent fishing

I like it. This would make the pocket scale useful other than for bragging rights. It also makes every fish useful depending on what you want, instead of just looking for deep bass because they're the easiest big fish to catch for fish meat.

I think it'd be cool if the fish in the scale-o-matic had their size scale with their weight. A low weight dandy lionfish would look small in the tank, while a rare, heavy dandy lionfish would be obviously be a big fish in the tank. That'd make me feel pretty pompous in my bragging rights.

On 12/18/2019 at 6:29 PM, maciu67 said:

Fish trader should be in caves.

Walruses are very related with winter and ice, in my opinion it should spawn in a random location of the ocean, camping over an iceberg during winter only. It would force us to sail, to look him/her up.

Also for large fishes, the heavier the fish is, the higher could become the RNG chance to get bigger rewards too, like gems, gears, tusks, or even thulecite items. So we could start keeping only the heavier catch, and eating the others.

On 12/18/2019 at 6:01 PM, Nickolai said:

Merm Chad

I must create this...

Spoiler

Come back in 7 months...I'll eventually get around to it. :wilson_sneaky:

Real talk though, you gotta think in the Freudian mindset the devs have set up for DST.

The ruler of the Constant is Charlie, and she was trapped there for who knows how long by a self proclaimed "King". Now tell me why on Constant would she allow anymore "Kings" in her world. 

Spoiler

Merm King doesn't count, because the only acceptable head canon is this one:

On 11/9/2019 at 11:02 AM, Mrklli said:

So basicly the whole king-thing is Wurt's imagination and I think it's adorable.

This is how I see it:

Mermking3.thumb.png.87284b7f18c64b3a714b78c79b2b37c0.pngMermking4.thumb.png.9f1d07256d2845dc33cb18032557e396.png

Spoiler

And anybody who feels otherwise can go hammer the Giant Beehive.

SMASHH.png.218c1b1aa3b8c7db081ee632822b93bc.png

On 12/21/2019 at 10:57 PM, ShadowDuelist said:

Walruses are very related with winter and ice, in my opinion it should spawn in a random location of the ocean, camping over an iceberg during winter only. It would force us to sail, to look him/her up.

Also for large fishes, the heavier the fish is, the higher could become the RNG chance to get bigger rewards too, like gems, gears, tusks, or even thulecite items. So we could start keeping only the heavier catch, and eating the others.

yes it cool concept for bigger fish and bigger rewards, gem,gears,thulecite or New Item, so that fishing in the sea will be much more fun

Archived