Ancient Gateway

Do you think we are going to get some new use for the Shadow Atrium?Something like the promised New Worlds?Because only things we are getting related to sea and moon.Even when the name of the update is Return of Them,I know that we are at the beginning of the journey,but hey.I want to know your opinion guys

The phrase was "New Lands" iirc. Such as the Lunar Island, I presume.

I'd love to see something new regarding the Gateway, but with the direction they're going I'm not sure exactly what they would. Plus they really need to actually fill out the ocean now that they've introduced such a big new mechanic.

Yeah I believe the first steps of the updates is focusing on the oceans and I'm pretty fine with it, the game really needed that.

But still, I guess the chosen name (Return of Them) will make sense "shortly", we still need a couple of updates before figuring out what the devs prepared for the game after the Atrium, I hope that's gonna be existing.

The fact is that the sea leads to so much more than something related to The Return of Them. The possibility of any type of island you want, any biome, is huge. I hope they'll have unexpected ideas.

If "new lands", so the moon is just the 1st one. Do you think we'll have a cave one ? 

3 hours ago, Moonatik said:

So let's go for bridges too. Now that we use boats as bridges, we could have this possibility, wood or stone, both. That would mean great sea mega base.

TBH been wanting this since the boat-bridge mechanic came into being. Could really use an equivalent landmass-hopping option for the Caves.

...and maybe the ability to link boats together with rope to make the bridges more permanent/enable larger boat bases at the cost of dragging down your speed.

Unpopular opinion but I really don't want landfills, or even boat bridges to be viable.

I hope future sea dangers will make them useless or at least require more of an investment/maintenance.

Sailing is already somewhat obsolete with the meager rewards the ocean has to give at the moment (but will be added to of course). I want sailing to shine, not dumping a bunch of wood and filling the ocean with platforms.

I do actually like the idea of the bridges not being permanent. Could have it so players passing over bridges/boats/whatever artificial stuff has a chance of spawning a giant octopus arm that tries to take it down.
There're a few pretty neat ways that it could be handled.

5 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I was actually talking about why would klei make the fabled ''animalhat'' in ToT beta and I think it will be used like a slurper-attachment octopus that attacks

my first thought is just...
tiny angery octopus stuck to head rapidly smacking the player's head with all of its arms

and i love it

Archived