WildWildWes's Art and Doodle Thread: Back With a Vengeance

Hello everyone! I did an art post thread a while back when I first joined the forums, but seeing as that was, uhh, about four years ago, i decided to start a new one. I might not post consistently but I'll use this as a dumping ground for whenever I get the fanart itch (which is usually whenever a new short drops).

If you'd like to see my non-don't starve-related artwork, feel free to check out my instagram! (@ rabbitopus)

Okay, let's start this thread out strong with something from my sketchbook:

IMG_u6yd09.jpg

Shoot. I should probably mention that when I first joined the forums I was going by Neil for a while, I don't really anymore but you can still call me that if you'd like. Call me whatever you want as long as you don't call me late for dinner.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Eyy Angeline! Kind of looks like a Classic rubberhose look here.

Why a glock?:wilson_ecstatic:

I just thought it'd be funny.

Honestly I drew this because I was thinking about how so many people have all those "Jack Carter joins the constant/becomes Maxwell's good counterpart/etc" aus and realized that we probably seem to like those because the alternative is just too sad, so I figured we might as well do the same with Angeline. Give me Angeline making a deal with Maxwell to become lucid and see her son again.

And then I was like "screw it, we're already starting to go off the rails, now she has a gun too so she can utterly waste whoever separated her from Warly. XD

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

With his legs that wide, kind of looks like he's doing the spongegar pose.

...well then I HAD to draw him actually doing the spongegar pose 

IMG_-ii9ekq.jpg

Probably a good time to mention that the super-deformed ds style aping isn't how I usually draw, it's just often easier for quick doodles of our favorite survivors.

Here's a page fulla Wes-es. People like that guy right? Maybe? That shadow Wes is more along the lines of how I usually draw my characters/stylized humanoids.

20191104_213500.jpg

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Real talk though I love how expressive and energetic your drawings are.

Thank you so much! :D I've really been trying to push my poses more since my storyboarding professor said expressive poses are more important than facial expressions.

• Like 1

I haven't been playing the beta updates bc my computer is pretty bogged down by all the art programs I need for school (toonboom and Adobe creative suite) but I have been following what's new and all the new fish are really cute! More friends for Wurt!

(Somebody should tell her that they'll keep longer in water...)

IMG_wdgf3i.jpg

Any other Steam Powered Giraffe fans on here

20191120_220359.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1