Should Salt Lick be Updated?

I wouldn't mind it. It would be more of an attention to detail thing more then anything tho. Maybe make them be refueled by salt Crystal's instead? (Like has been previously suggested pre salt crystals)

The only people affected by this would be people who rush tamed beefs.

16 minutes ago, Poebus said:

one of nitre's few uses

I think the main way to fix this is still have overheating in the caves, but at a reduced rate, so that the need for Chilled amulets, Endothermic Firepits/Fires, and Summer clothing would reappear as important and useful. 

13 minutes ago, Butt Pillow said:

Make beefalo taming a non-chore and I'd say yes. The entire system is absolute tedious garbage.

Or, make the benefit of having a tamed Beefalo better then having be there to carry statues and maybe kill a hound waves if your feeling saucy that day.

this is pretty logic thing

however I don't think it's gonna change game mechanic anyway

since nitre is dirt cheap because of petrified trees now

unless salt lick can last longer if you upgrade it with salt crystals

or giving more ways to use the salt rather than just salt box and salt powder

I'll be patient and wait for it

6 minutes ago, Well-met said:

dear christ no.

if you're anywhere familiar with beef taming you'd realize how much of an hindrance salt lick already is with even puny nitre.

It thinks its better for maintaining the tamed beefalo rather then the actual taming process itself.

4 hours ago, kiwikenobi said:

Maybe there could be a salt lick plus, made with salt instead of nitre, and it offers some better benefit than the regular one.

Maybe give the beefalo a temporary one-day damage resistance?

Or maybe let the beefalo become edgy rick that produces salt itself

17 hours ago, kiwikenobi said:

Maybe there could be a salt lick plus, made with salt instead of nitre, and it offers some better benefit than the regular one.

I'm with Kiwi here, it should be an upgrade to the current salt lick, and not a replacement. Beefalo domestication is already annoying, wasteful and time consuming, without requiring you to spend the time it takes to build a proper exploration boat (not just the raft with an oar) and going to find and mine the crystals.

As a side note I hope we get an update to beefalo taming at some point in the updates, what I believe could make beefalos worth the hassle is:

• Beefalos could be domesticated somewhat faster ( maybe 15 days without brush, 10 with brush)
  • Players can domesticate as many beefalos as they want, but only one domesticated beefalo per server is assigned to the player.
  • You can choose which beef is assigned to you, somehow (an Item they follow and teleport to, maybe? like chester or glommer)
  • Players can choose to leave the server with your personal assigned fully domesticated beefalo.
  • Players can travel to the caves with their assigned, fully domesticated beefs. 
  • Fully domesticated beefalos will not reproduce anymore ever, even if they go back to feral: this is to prevent exploiting them if the game doesnt recognize which herd they originally belonged to, or if you abandon them in the caves. They wont make new herds.

No way, Salt is rarer than nitre, I'd make taming so much harder than it is now. Though I like the ideas suggesting a upgraded salt lick or replenishing it with salt crystals. Replenishing it would be perfect.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:38 AM, Frashaw27 said:

It thinks its better for maintaining the tamed beefalo rather then the actual taming process itself.

Can't imagine taming a Beefalo without one .

Archived