Shamlet Mask for "Monster" characters ?

Anybody remember the shamlet mask from hamlet, how it was added as a way for webber to be able to interact with the pigs in Hamsburg, (since that was the core design point of Hamlet) I feel like it should be added into Don't starve Together because, I've sort of been noticing during the beginning of Dont starve together to current Salty dogs there has sometimes been alot of mistrust in webber players. Especially it being harder for webber players to group up with other survivors due to alot of players normally building their base near pigman/ bunnymen which limits their options with other creatures to survive with, (especially wortox since spiders will be hostile towards him anyway) Maybe they can give Webber or even Wortox a shamlet mask (probably  not one that lasts too long but efficient enough to a person forced to stay around pigs alot, and yes keep the downside for webber where spiders will be tricked by the mask attacking him.) What do other people think about this idea?5d98c0814b052_Shamlet_Mask(1).png.3b29a6eeb57540a38940901814ee5226.png

7 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

I think you shouldn't be able to counteract the ONLY real downsides characters like Webber and Wortox have.

The shamlet mask was only introduced to Hamlet because you wouldn't be able to play Webber without it.

That's a fair reason, I honestly thought of this as an idea since there's not really as many webber players, and this could be an idea to bring webber in with the rest of the group and not just servers with webbers only

9 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

That's a fair reason, I honestly thought of this as an idea since there's not really as many webber players, and this could be an idea to bring webber in with the rest of the group and not just servers with webbers only

his rework will take care of that.

4 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

I think you shouldn't be able to counteract the ONLY real downsides characters like Webber and Wortox have.

The shamlet mask was only introduced to Hamlet because you wouldn't be able to play Webber without it.

Wortox has more "real" downsides than just being a monster. And you COULD play Hamlet as Webber if you wanted to, it's just that you wouldn't be able to interact with the pigs without it.

Anyway, I do personally agree that the Shamlet mask shouldn't be added to DST. It literally just removes a downside some characters have. It doesn't help with it or provide an alternative or anything. It just temporarily removes a downside. I don't think it would add anything valuable to the game and instead it would just take away from what makes Webber and Wortox unique characters to play.

Archived