ShadowDuelist    3,661

Heyo peeps!

Now that the whole Woodie issue is solved and Klei did a home run with the fixes (Thank you btw! you rock) I was wondering, do we know who is next in line? a brand new character, or any of the known survivors? I'm not asking for dates though, I don't want to put any pressure, I just didn't catch any info on who (or what) is coming.

Also a small suggestion, they should probably pin the post where the Woodie animation is, since it got buried down in other posts.

Love ya all.

• Like 1

x0VERSUS1y    3,358

Probably that rumored totally new character apparently finished-or-the-like even before Woodie was.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

skulloons    2

I don't think they've released anything on that yet - Wendy seems to be the most called for, but that doesn't guarantee anything.
Gotta say I am partially biased on characters I like and who I'd want to see. Wagstaff in particular has me very interested, seeing how he's got some quotes and lines that make me wonder just what we actually know (or, can speculate) in the Constant. I can also agree I'd enjoy seeing Wilba, I like her character and dynamic :)

(even though it seems like Wormwood and Warly coming from Ham / SW seems like it may very well be a one time thing - since if I recall correctly there wasn't anything said about porting/reworking All of the Ham/SW characters , but who knows .. Klei surprises us sometimes :D )

While the other part does think it's potentially more likely for a refresh of someone rather than a brand new character (since there may or may not be patterns to how Klei implements each) ... I'm not going to act like I wouldn't be interested in seeing a new character (especially with potential new lore and whatnot) 

• Thanks 1

Spaartan    953

I'd very much prefer if Wendy was next, I wanna see Abby getting to pack more of a punch (or like just be more useful in general instead of constantly committing suicide with monsters she can't handle)

• Like 2

x0VERSUS1y    3,358
19 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I believe the update order will go like this:

1) 3rd DLC Character

2) Salty Dog

3) Wendy Rework

It's very possible that 3rd new character will come at the same time RoT: Salty Dog update hits live servers, probably in first half of October.

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    414
33 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I believe the update order will go like this:

1) 3rd DLC Character

2) Salty Dog

3) Wendy Rework

Why is everyone calling this the third DLC character???? It’s the Second right? (Wormwood does not count because he’s not exactly brand new he’s from the Singleplayer Hamlet game- AND was given away free to players who purchased Hamlet)

(Same with Warly he didn’t count because he isn’t brand new either, he’s from the Single Player Shipwrecked DLC and was given away free if you already owned Shipwrecked)

I would love some actual clarity on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

x0VERSUS1y    3,358
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why is everyone calling this the third DLC character???? It’s the Second right? (Wormwood does not count because he’s not exactly brand new he’s from the Singleplayer Hamlet game- AND was given away free to players who purchased Hamlet)

(Same with Warly he didn’t count because he isn’t brand new either, he’s from the Single Player Shipwrecked DLC and was given away free if you already owned Shipwrecked)

I would love some actual clarity on this.

"Wormwood

In addition to new content, we are preparing for the arrival of the next new character. We’re happy to announce that Wormwood will soon enter the fray..

[...]

Warly

For the next character refresh, Warly will be sailing into the Constant..."

From Bigfoot's original post about "Upcoming Content Beta and Roadmap Update".

Thus from Klei's end it seems Wormwood is regarded as a *new* character while Warly only some *refresh* of old crew.

Looks like we still have 2 more new characters to enter Constant's ..waters, heh.

Edited by x0VERSUS1y
*some corrections*
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

thetricker1    62
9 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

Wendy or Wes I think

why Wes? i expect they dont rework wilson or wes (only to be more fun, not poweful)

And i think that Wendy only needs a rework if we want all characters with the same game impact

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    414
1 hour ago, thetricker1 said:

why Wes? i expect they dont rework wilson or wes (only to be more fun, not poweful)

And i think that Wendy only needs a rework if we want all characters with the same game impact

We want all characters to have Unique abilities and to in general- be less boring generic clones of each other we also want their abilities to fit the THEME of who they are- for example... Wilson is a Mad Scientist like dude who even in his profile icon can be seen pouring strange potions down a poor birds mouth but yet in the actual game what can he do? Grow a beard and that’s pretty much it..

He needs some unique science-y stuff like being able to craft mad scientist potions or maybe having access to tier 2 alchemy engine craftables from just a tier 1 Science Machine.. Something.. maybe potions he can drink to see in the dark or temporarily run faster, nah I don’t expect him to go full out Jekyl and Hyde but.. you never know seeing as Woodie is now a 3 form shape-shifting werebeast.

as for Wes I dig that their original intention for him in the Single Player DS game was to give expert players a challenging character to conquer, but this is DS: Together! heavy emphasis on the TOGETHER part.. and Wes being a Silent Mime.. why is it that no one has yet asked for him to be able to pantomime invisible walls for enemies to slam into leaving them stunned and confused for a second or two? Not only would this be absolutely hilarious when the hell hounds chase after him and smash into it- but it would make him almost as useful to his team mates as Wormwood & Snare traps. It also fits perfectly into the theme of “Silent Mime”

just sayin..

• Like 3

thetricker1    62
51 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

We want all characters to have Unique abilities and to in general- be less boring generic clones of each other we also want their abilities to fit the THEME of who they are- for example... Wilson is a Mad Scientist like dude who even in his profile icon can be seen pouring strange potions down a poor birds mouth but yet in the actual game what can he do? Grow a beard and that’s pretty much it..

He needs some unique science-y stuff like being able to craft mad scientist potions or maybe having access to tier 2 alchemy engine craftables from just a tier 1 Science Machine.. Something.. maybe potions he can drink to see in the dark or temporarily run faster, nah I don’t expect him to go full out Jekyl and Hyde but.. you never know seeing as Woodie is now a 3 form shape-shifting werebeast.

as for Wes I dig that their original intention for him in the Single Player DS game was to give expert players a challenging character to conquer, but this is DS: Together! heavy emphasis on the TOGETHER part.. and Wes being a Silent Mime.. why is it that no one has yet asked for him to be able to pantomime invisible walls for enemies to slam into leaving them stunned and confused for a second or two? Not only would this be absolutely hilarious when the hell hounds chase after him and smash into it- but it would make him almost as useful to his team mates as Wormwood & Snare traps. It also fits perfectly into the theme of “Silent Mime”

just sayin..

i understand it and also want it

latest?cb=20190514233713

i was hype because i though that this will be  a wilson perk for hamlet when i saw it xD

btw: the reason of wilson being a scientific but having no perks of that its cause of lore. HE is who created the science machine when he gets trapped by maxwell. Willow and Abygail doesnt know how to do it, was already made when they arrive 

edit: about Wes, maybe your party wants to do a challenge with all Wes 

Edited by thetricker1
  • Like 1

ShadowDuelist    3,661
3 hours ago, thetricker1 said:

the reason of wilson being a scientific but having no perks of that its cause of lore. HE is who created the science machine when he gets trapped by maxwell. Willow and Abygail doesnt know how to do it, was already made when they arrive 

Exactly.

Wilson possibly invented all the machines we got, and quite possibly the meat effigy as well (if he didn't, someone is a big fan of his head), and everyone else learned how to do it afterwards. But that makes him not have anything special unfortunately.

I originally thought they were gonna rework him with some new mad chemistry machine, but they already did that available for everyone at Halloween, so I'm not sure what to expect of him honestly.

Which also reminds me, the Hallowed night event is around the corner now, maybe we'll get new updates/new character with that?

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 1

DarkPulse91    158

I would personally like to see WX get a rework. But i agree that Wendy needs it more.

And Im hoping that the final 2 new characters are just that. New. I'd like to keep the DLC character's to their respective DLC. Having both wormwood and warly is already close to the "too much" line for me. Because this is DST and not DS, and if all the DLC characters were added, it would give less of  reason to play their respective DLC's.

For new abilities, I would like to see a character that focuses on collecting. A character that either has more inventory spaces. Or can make a backpack with more than 8 slots. maybe 10 or 12. Or maybe create chests with 12 slots instead of 9 (but they wouldn't be fire proof as to not make the scaled chest redundant). Just a character that is all about carrying items or storing items.

• Like 1

thetricker1    62

i would like to see a pig character based but not wilba, more savage. Like pig men, would be cool to control a pig men with some based wilba skills and adding "you are a pig" perk: you are actually friend with pigs but they dont follow you without meat

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Exactly.

Wilson possibly invented all the machines we got, and quite possibly the meat effigy as well (if he didn't, someone is a big fan of his head), and everyone else learned how to do it afterwards. But that makes him not have anything special unfortunately.

I originally thought they were gonna rework him with some new mad chemistry machine, but they already did that available for everyone at Halloween, so I'm not sure what to expect of him honestly.

Which also reminds me, the Hallowed night event is around the corner now, maybe we'll get new updates/new character with that?

yeah, would be cool a mad science like for wilson, some buffs and healing potions or cool fireworks xD

• Like 1

Mattyington    545
5 hours ago, thetricker1 said:

btw: the reason of wilson being a scientific but having no perks of that its cause of lore. HE is who created the science machine when he gets trapped by maxwell. Willow and Abygail doesnt know how to do it, was already made when they arrive 

edit: about Wes, maybe your party wants to do a challenge with all Wes 

i dont think Abby can build anything >.> 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3