Mom said it's my turn to talk about Woodie's rework

I'll try to not repeat waht's already been said: Woodie's rework doesn't feel that great and is in need of a mini-rework.

The ideas that the rework presented are not that bad but the way they were implemented is. For example Klei had a choice to make transformations long and mediocre or short and powerful. And they went with short and mediocre.

Here're some of my ideas. Idk if they're good or bad but hey at least it's feedback.

-Remove negative effects of transformations. Seriously I'd much rather have fun while being a Moose/Beaver/Goose and then suffer something like -30 hp, -75 sanity and -75 hunger then just knowing that the longer I stay as that form the lower my sanity will drain. 

-Choose one of the 2 options I mentioned above. If transformations are ment to stay as they're now then make them last a lot longer or make their durration depanded on the player. Plus give Moose and Goose health regeneration and the ability to fly above map boundaries respectively. If transformations are ment to be as short as they're now then make them a lot better. Turning to Goose should allow you to outrun a charged Wx-78 with a walking cane on a road (plus the flying thingy). Moose should be able to take on Deerclops with only 1 totem and the charge attack should be able to instantyl kill enemies like Spiders and Splumonkeys (Deal 100 dmg)

-Wheather you choose I think that Goose should have the "intimidation buff" of a real life Goose. Basically when you're Goose most of basic hostile mobs will avoid you.

-Beaver needs to uproot stumpts with one gnaw. Cuz right now Maxwell with his puppets are probably still better at gathering wood

-Human Woodie needs some sort of negative trait. 

5 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

-Beaver needs to uproot stumpts with one gnaw. Cuz right now Maxwell with his puppets are probably still better at gathering wood

Beaver needs to uproot stumps as soon as he chops a tree down, without gnawing them at all. Cuz right now Lucy performs still better at gathering wood.

sanity drain enough for downside dont need to others but buff i want 

also dont starve is survival game yes we know maybe these buffs makes game more easly but i think we need enjoy what we playing and these downsides blocking survive side and experineced players can play hard mode too (nerf wes) i think lot of our survivors dont need many downside just need buff :D dont blame me pls

You don't even stay in a Were form on a full moon anymore, and you're at no risk of transforming when chopping trees.

Isn't the werebeaver MEANT for chopping trees? Why is regular woodie more effective at it? I suppose that yes, Werebeaver can uproot stuff and mine, but it's still a BEAVER at the end of the day.

The 50% increased chance at spawning a treeguard is hardly much of a problem, you should have stocked up on pinecones while chopping so you can just pacify them easily.

I would like to have risky transformation conditions, Werebeaver for chopping too many trees, Moose for taking too much damage, and Goose... I don't know I can't think of anything.

If they buff the were-creatures we risk that he becomes way too powerful and it would require further fine tuning. 

I'd go for the easier and fastest solution: allow us to stay in the form much longer, either by decreasing the drain rate quite a bunch when you are doing what you have to do, or by letting the moose and the beaver gain time by doing what you are meant to do. Idling or not doing what each form requires should drain super fast as it does now, to allow us to quickly revert should we need to.

The shapeshifting leaves you damaged, insane, and at 0 food, I think its plenty of a con for a high risk high reward kinda thing.

Edit: Im all in for goose jumping small gaps too.

4 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Beaver needs to uproot stumps as soon as he chops a tree down, without gnawing them at all. Cuz right now Lucy performs still better at gathering wood.

yep, I like Lucy better, fast and with the flexibility of tackling treeguards. What you gonna do in beaver form when 3 treeguards spawned around you? So inefficient and risky. Gnawing 3 times for 1 log is ridiculously low efficiency. I'd just burn all the stomps with torch. I'm not gonna wasting my precious beaver time on those tiny bit of stomps

5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Turning to Goose should allow you to outrun a charged Wx-78 with a walking cane on a road (plus the flying thingy).

Damn near choked on my tea reading this part.

Let's have the weregoose make "meep meep" sounds and wildly spinning legs while we're at it. Give it a coyote nemesis kitted with all kinds of crazy ACME gear, too.

Oh, the weremoose should be able to one hit everything in sight with no input from the player whatsoever. You know, just to make it seem "reasonable" for the cost of transforming. After the costs of transforming have been diminish- altogether removed, naturally.

5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

-Human Woodie needs some sort of negative trait. 

Such as? Give him the "curse" of having permanent supergodmode, perhaps? Oh no, how will anyone ever cope with the toll of that on Woodie's humanity!

Archived