The hanging on save is sabotaging my base

Please fix the save so it does not lock the game. at least fix it to rid the drawing tool from drawing at random position while saving,

This is laying random pipe/wires/deconstruct orders throughout the map when the save happens and the mouse is down. I just had to go back 20 cycles because a bunch of random pipes connected my air supply system with my chlorine reservoir which had 150 K of accumulated gas, ruining the whole base.

On numerous occasions, things would "disappear", gett deconstructed without me asking for it, like a water reservoir full of water!

You have the fix this

I agree that this bug should be fixed.  It didn't used to be in the game pre-launch.  I bet it is related to the timelapse they added.

Do the orders that happen due to this glitch happen before or after the save is made?  Can you go back to the previous save when it happens?

1 hour ago, icuurd12b42 said:

Please fix the save so it does not lock the game. at least fix it to rid the drawing tool from drawing at random position while saving,

This is laying random pipe/wires/deconstruct orders throughout the map when the save happens and the mouse is down. I just had to go back 20 cycles because a bunch of random pipes connected my air supply system with my chlorine reservoir which had 150 K of accumulated gas, ruining the whole base.

On numerous occasions, things would "disappear", gett deconstructed without me asking for it, like a water reservoir full of water!

You have the fix this

im having the same issue with this ... sucks. 

58 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

I agree that this bug should be fixed.  It didn't used to be in the game pre-launch.  I bet it is related to the timelapse they added.

Do the orders that happen due to this glitch happen before or after the save is made?  Can you go back to the previous save when it happens?

Yes, the save is fine. If you notice it in time you can just load the last auto-save. 

I too have this issue and it only gets worse as the save gets older/larger. At first I assumed it was just the garbage collector but it happens every single cycle. Sometimes when digging or giving a deconstruct command, the game will save and hang for several seconds, leaving the instruction to destroy a bunch of stuff you don't want to. Sometimes it goes unnoticed for a few cycles until everything starts falling apart because something critical has been destroyed.

savehang.png

Archived