Best Character for Lunar Island?

21 hours ago, Troppok said:

Been loving Willow. No bernie really lowers her value. Werebeaver is very good however. Who Is the best for enlightenment?

1. Wickerbottom - Gains Enlightenment slower than the average character due to her increased max sanity; can reduce her sanity quickly by reading any kind of books; reeds do grow on the moon island which allows her to farm alot of papyrus for books
  2. Maxwell - Becomes immune against Gestalts when summoning a single shadow (I recommend Shadow Miner because he'll open all your harvested Stone Fruits for free) Summoning shadows won't help you with enlightment, it will reduce the required amount of enlightment instead.
  3. Woodie - Looses alot of sanity while being a Werebeaver
  4. Wortox - Looses 5 sanity per eaten Soul (requires a soul farm, for example Flowers, Bee Boxes, or Spider Dens)
  5. Wes - Looses 5 sanity per Balloon

wait, about Maxwell's sanity, when he is summoning shadow, his maximal sanity decreases, BUT then the game counts this 160 Sanity as MAXIMUM and gestalts are shooting me..

Two Duelists and Miner made me 20 enlightment as maximum, and it is really anoying

What to do as Maxwell then?:)

54 minutes ago, Vak said:

wait, about Maxwell's sanity, when he is summoning shadow, his maximal sanity decreases, BUT then the game counts this 160 Sanity as MAXIMUM and gestalts are shooting me..

Two Duelists and Miner made me 20 enlightment as maximum, and it is really anoying

What to do as Maxwell then?:)

I assume really annoying by shadows constantly attacking you. The way to deal with this is to attack them and kill them to gain theor nightmare fuel as thats what that slave set up is for. The better option is to just have 4 harvesters which will put you at the brink but not at insanity.

4 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

shadows constantly

They were talking about Gestalts.

Wortox is godly on the island. Base near a shattered spider area, learn to kite, and you've got free souls for life. The spiders might look scary, but in melee range their attacks are no different from Spider Warriors. No armor required, and you'll usually have excess souls to heal from the occasional mistake, unless you've recently had to blow them on healing up your mortal scrub teammates.
Get some grass planted and you can make bug nets and farm Moths. Soul excess is common, meaning health is no longer a thought. Heck, I've sustained purely on souls while farming mobs to feed the rest of the group and never been close to hungry or sane in doing so. Most players can't handle living on the moon and implode and completely bail from the server within a few days, but the point stands.

Wormwood is actually a great pick for a team. You just have to reverse his usual habits; do all of the chopping, and tell someone else to replant. Then you can use trees to remove the sanity granted by planting seeds.

Wes...is still a drain to world resources, but at least now he's a choice for new players who can't handle staying insane. Most of the playerbase, from my experience.
also now I can lowkey smug upon wes players for using a crutch character haHAH I LOVE THIS STRANGE NEW WORLD

Secondary Waifu Wigfrid is terrible for the Enlightenment mechanic and now I'm sad.

...all that said though, Gestalts are basically a light version of Shadow Creatures. They don't do any damage, they just slow the character, or put them to sleep with multiple hits...but they're dodgable. You can get by at full Enlightenment as long as you keep moving. Gathering resources might get annoying, but the only parts where they're really a problem are in gathering the altar pieces (Gestalt hits cause you to drop 'heavy' items, and carrying them makes you a slow target), and in combat...where they ruin kiting and can put you to sleep. Avoid those things until you can go insane, and you'll be good.

Yes, but I meant only lunar island, there are no shadows, 20 Enlightment is maximum, means that Gestalts are always attacking me, and I think I can't attack them, just sometimes they are annoying

28 minutes ago, Vak said:

Yes, but I meant only lunar island, there are no shadows, 20 Enlightment is maximum, means that Gestalts are always attacking me, and I think I can't attack them, just sometimes they are annoying

This is correct, according to my tests as well, maxwell is a terrible character to stay on the island, he gets bonus enlightment all the time due to his dapperness, and the insanity lock trick doesnt work there.

Anyone care to explain why or how is he good to stay there?

Just now, ShadowDuelist said:

This is correct, according to my tests as well, maxwell is a terrible character to stay on the island, he gets bonus enlightment all the time due to his dapperness, and the insanity lock trick doesnt work there.

Anyone care to explain why or how is he good to stay there?

Perhaps because players thought that reducing his sanity will also make him immune towards enlightment, but looks like it's not the case.

(I need to edit one of my previous posts.)

3 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Perhaps because players thought that reducing his sanity will also make him immune towards enlightment, but looks like it's not the case.

(I need to edit one of my previous posts.)

That's odd. Being off the island makes him insane, getting on the island makes him fully enlightened. Sounds like a bug to me.

It occurs to me that as a farmer/gatherer, Maxwell would still be good. Enlightenment only matters if you're standing still; in his case, the shadows would be, but not him.

He's the kind of character who would want a few boats on the shore for basic buildings, and periodically hop onto the island to help the team.

Archived